Well that explains it. I had cut back on my broccoli consumption... Still eating lots of veggies but in salads without broccoli... the swelling did start after that...It is a bit better today.. woke up 3 lbs lighter.. will include either broccoli or cauliflower with dinner.. Thanks🙂
Be aware that your water retention may be due to other medical or drug factors. Eating healthy to obtain proper electrolyte balance is good, but may not be the answer to your problem. It is normal to have some daily fluctuation. Several pounds though, indicates a more serious cause.
I believe the poster to whom you are replying is a woman. For women in their child-bearing years, water retention fluctuations can be rather more dramatic.
That said, I think you're wrong on the several pounds indicating a problem anyway. I know several of the men here have said that 3-4 lbs is well within their normal variation.
"Martha Gallagher" <[email hidden]> wrote in message news:[email hidden]...
Quoted message said:
Tom G said:
Quoted message said:
Well that explains it. I had cut back on my broccoli consumption...
Still
Quoted message said:
Quoted message said:
Quoted message said:
eating lots of veggies but in salads without broccoli... the swelling
did
Quoted message said:
Quoted message said:
Quoted message said:
start after that...It is a bit better today.. woke up 3 lbs lighter..
will
Quoted message said:
Quoted message said:
Quoted message said:
include either broccoli or cauliflower with dinner.. Thanks🙂
Be aware that your water retention may be due to other medical or drug factors. Eating healthy to obtain proper electrolyte balance is good,
but
Quoted message said:
Quoted message said:
may not be the answer to your problem. It is normal to have some daily fluctuation. Several pounds though, indicates a more serious cause.
I believe the poster to whom you are replying is a woman. For women in their child-bearing years, water retention fluctuations can be rather more dramatic.
That said, I think you're wrong on the several pounds indicating a problem anyway. I know several of the men here have said that 3-4 lbs is well within their normal variation.
She implies a 10 lb gain in one of the posts. If that is normal for a woman, it would be alarming to me. My original answer to her was only to point out foods with potassium. It ended up morphing into a discussion of something I know little about. I just wanted her to be aware that a large water gain could be indicative of a medical issue rather than a normal daily swing. That was when I was told it was TOM. So, since it regards women's issues, perhaps you can help, and I'll just bow out. Thanks
"Perdu" <[email hidden]> wrote in message news:[email hidden]...
Quoted message said:
On Mon, 4 Apr 2005 12:51:26 -0400, Martha Gallagher <[email hidden]> said :
Quoted message said:
That said, I think you're wrong on the several pounds indicating a problem anyway. I know several of the men here have said that 3-4 lbs is well within their normal variation.
Very true. Scary, but true. 4 pounds is very normal, if not alarming at times, although it should not be.
-- Bon Lowcarbit
Perdu
The thing that has alarmed me is I started TOM on the 29 and was at 329 according to the hospital scale. Friday the 1st we had to take Daughter for a check up and I wanted to see if I hit the 20 lb goal since I was only 2 lbs away and I jumped on the scale and I was up to 336. TOM ended sometime Thur night fri morning. The other thing was I tried on some jeans that have not fit me for a while on thursday and the finaly fit... well they fit enough to button them standing up. I thought you only got the edema durring the TOM.. not after.. grrrr.
The thing that has alarmed me is I started TOM on the 29 and was at 329 according to the hospital scale. Friday the 1st we had to take Daughter for a check up and I wanted to see if I hit the 20 lb goal since I was only 2 lbs away and I jumped on the scale and I was up to 336. TOM ended sometime Thur night fri morning. The other thing was I tried on some jeans that have not fit me for a while on thursday and the finaly fit... well they fit enough to button them standing up. I thought you only got the edema durring the TOM.. not after.. grrrr.
Tori
Are you taking Actos or Avandia or other medications that can cause edema?
"Elizabeth" <[email hidden]> wrote in message news:[email hidden]...
Quoted message said:
Tori M. said:
The thing that has alarmed me is I started TOM on the 29 and was at 329 according to the hospital scale. Friday the 1st we had to take Daughter for a check up and I wanted to see if I hit the 20 lb goal since I was only 2 lbs away and I jumped on the scale and I was up to 336. TOM ended sometime Thur night fri morning. The other thing was I tried on some jeans that have not fit me for a while on thursday and the finaly fit... well they fit enough to button them standing up. I thought you only got the edema durring the TOM.. not after.. grrrr.
Tori
Are you taking Actos or Avandia or other medications that can cause edema?