rec.sport.unicycling · Public discussion

Ride a fixed-gear bike?

Started by David · · Last activity · 4 posts · 237 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
rec.sport.unicycling
Published
15 November 2006
Last activity
15 November 2006
Original author
David
Posts
4
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
237
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–4 of 4
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Now that I'm spending more time riding the uni, riding a fixed-gear
    bike is starting to appeal to me. Never seemed practical. But neither
    is unicycling.

    Do you ride one? With or without a brake? What do you think?

  2. what like a single speed?

    --
    zfreak220

    iridemymuni said:

    i think everybody agrees when i say you lucky son of a [censored]


    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    zfreak220's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11948
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/54900

  3. That's actually how I got into muni. I converted a junker mtn bike of
    mine to be fixed gear. I.e. single speed but NO COASTING, just like a
    unicycle as long as you're rolling along the pedals keep on coming. It
    is a blast and very addictive. I still ride fixed-gear offroad
    regularly and I credit riding my muni with improving my balance and
    fixed-gear offroad skills.

    --
    MuniSano
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    MuniSano's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/13350
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/54900

  4. A fixed-gear is like a unicycle in that when you petal backwards, you go
    backwards, and you can slow down by applying backwards pressure on the
    pedals. They also don't freewheel.

    Fixed-gear is not-necessarily single-speed, although they almost always
    are.

    Single-speed is not-necessarily fixed-gear

    zfreak220 said:

    what like a single speed?

    --
    mscalisi
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    mscalisi's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4961
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/54900

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.