Recumbent bicycles · Public discussion

RideForNickBerg

Started by Daniel Payne · · Last activity · 28 posts · 1,405 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Recumbent bicycles
Published
20 May 2004
Last activity
14 June 2004
Original author
Daniel Payne
Posts
28
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
1,405
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 21–28 of 28
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Did we ever figure out what Jesus would ride?
    Aluminum? Steel? Ti? Oak? Would it be made in the USA or would it be a
    superbly crafted French bike? Italian? Do they make cool bikes in
    Christ's home town or elsewhere in Palestine?
    I rode with some folks last weekend on a charity fifty-center who were
    convinced Jesus would run a Trek, just like Lance. I held out for a
    recumbent but they'd have none of it. Jesus on a bent would "send the
    wrong message."

    The god of the Muslims would, of course, run a spiffy helmet with an
    opaque visor but the same could be said of The Hairy Thunderer,
    almighty god of the Christians. Mortals cannot gaze upon the face of
    either, can they?
    Buddah might like a trike, eh, to support the bulk.
    Thor? Zeus? Gaia?
    Pick a deity, pick a bike.

    david boise ID

  2. Hi John,

    All in all, I like the Vivo very much. It is one of the later models before
    they were discontinued, with the 2 inch main tube. The bike is truly a joy
    to ride. It works especially well as a short-distance commuter on mixed
    road surfaces. If you were always on good road surfaces, the suspension
    would be more than needed.

    Yes, I am running the stock suspension, but I have been contemplating
    changing it for quite some time. The rear shock has more boing and less
    dampening than I would like. The front suspension fork works well enough,
    though I have occasionally bottomed it out coming off curbs into a bermed
    road. The main problem with the front one, though, is that it doesn't take
    a disc brake. White Brothers has offered a $500 20' shock fork for a while,
    but that's too expensive for me. HP Velotechnik is now offering their forks
    for $250, and I may go that way eventually. I sure would like to be able to
    mount a disc brake for better stopping power.

    The only significant problem I have had with the bike is that the lower
    seat-support tube broke where it joins the frame. I emailed RANS and they
    took care of it immediately.

    I have Primo Comets on now instead of the Hookworms. They are far superior.
    They roll better, are quieter, corner better, and have actually proven to me
    more durable and less prone to flats.

    For the price, I am very satisfied. I am debating a second bike because my
    girlfriend needs one to ride too, and she likes the Vivo. Hence, my
    interest in the Shockproof Ti. I consider suspension a must for me. I find
    it more comfortable and also safer.

    --
    David Luecke
    Ridin' a RANS Vivo (wahoo!)
    Titusville, Florida USA
    http://community.webshots.com/user/david_luecke

  3. Actually, I bet it would help mr. ed's
    PROBLEMS...
    Shrub out in '04

    Tom Sherman said:
    Quoted message said:

    A Muslim wrote:

    ...I believe in most countries of the world pacifists are
    not allowed and would be taken out and stoned to death...

    Sorry Mr. Ed, but smoking cannabis does not kill - the harm level is
    comparable to that of somewhat excessive consumption of caffeine
    containing beverages.

    Wilbur

  4. "bil" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:ecSyc.65600$tI2.56273@fed1read07...

    Quoted message said:

    Actually, I bet it would help mr. ed's
    PROBLEMS...
    Shrub out in '04

    President Bush should win in landslide. In fact, he would win in a landslide
    if it weren't for fools like bil who wouldn't know his ass from a hole in
    the ground. The fatal flaw of democracy is that voters can be ignorant and
    be easily led astray and not vote in the best interests of the nation. But
    Bush doesn't have to win in a landslide. He just has to win. That is all
    that matters.

    --
    Ed Dolan - Minnesota

  5. You know, every few months, I think to myself, "Life on this planet is
    pretty depressing these days. I need a break -- why don't I read
    something about the things I enjoy for a few minutes?"

    And then I look at alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent and suddenly remember
    why I haven't read it in months.

    Quoted message said:

    blather

  6. "Lisa Brandt Heckman" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    You know, every few months, I think to myself, "Life on this planet is
    pretty depressing these days. I need a break -- why don't I read
    something about the things I enjoy for a few minutes?"

    And then I look at alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent and suddenly remember
    why I haven't read it in months.

    Quoted message said:

    blather

    "bil" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:ecSyc.65600$tI2.56273@fed1read07...

    Quoted message said:

    Actually, I bet it would help mr. ed's
    PROBLEMS...
    Shrub out in '04

    President Bush should win in landslide. In fact, he would win in a landslide
    if it weren't for fools like bil who wouldn't know his ass from a hole in
    the ground. The fatal flaw of democracy is that voters can be ignorant and
    be easily led astray and not vote in the best interests of the nation. But
    Bush doesn't have to win in a landslide. He just has to win. That is all
    that matters.

    --
    Ed Dolan - Minnesota

    Maybe if Lisa would post properly we would know what the hell she is talking
    about. I have posted properly for her, so now we can all plainly see that it
    was this character bil who posted the initial political comment - to which
    of course I had to respond. After all, that is why I am here in the first
    place.

    --
    Ed Dolan - Minnesota

  7. Ifyp
    Shrub will be sent back to texas, they can have him...

    MohamEd screeches:

    Quoted message said:

    Appointee Bush should win in landslide. In fact, he would win in a landslide
    if it weren't for fools like W. who wouldn't know his ass from a hole in
    the ground. The fatal flaw of democracy is that voters can be ignorant and
    be easily led astray and not vote in the best interests of the nation. But
    Bush doesn't have to win in a landslide. He just has to win. That is all
    that matters.

    Shrub will lose unless he can cheat in the election again.

  8. "bil" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:7g9zc.67628$tI2.24920@fed1read07...

    Quoted message said:


    Ifyp
    Shrub will be sent back to texas, they can have him...

    MohamEd screeches:

    Quoted message said:

    Appointee Bush should win in landslide. In fact, he would win in a


    landslide

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    if it weren't for fools like W. who wouldn't know his ass from a hole in
    the ground. The fatal flaw of democracy is that voters can be ignorant


    and

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    be easily led astray and not vote in the best interests of the nation.


    But

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    Bush doesn't have to win in a landslide. He just has to win. That is


    all

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    that matters.

    Shrub will lose unless he can cheat in the election again.

    President Bush won fair and square, but the Dems are the world's worst
    losers. The main thing they have to get through their thick skulls is that
    they no longer rule the roost like they did for most of my life. And a good
    thing too. A few more years of their rule and the country would have been
    done in.

    The far left liberals (Michael Moore faction) think they can beat Bush by
    just hating him and/or slandering him, but they are going to learn the hard
    way that they have to offer something better than what Bush offers. How
    likely do you think that is?

    --
    Ed Dolan - Minnesota

    PS. Texas should be capitalized.

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.