riding in plano, TX

PRichter1

Guest
I have just moved to Plano, TX. What are your suggestions for good road or
trail rides, and what bicycle shops do you recommend?

I will have about a 5 mile commute -- any pointers in commuting here?

Thanks, Priscilla

Have you discovered these sites?

http://www.planobicycle.org/

http://gdbclub.org/gdb/

PRichter1 wrote:
> I have just moved to Plano, TX. What are your suggestions for good road or
> trail rides, and what bicycle shops do you recommend?
>
> I will have about a 5 mile commute -- any pointers in commuting here?
>
> Thanks, Priscilla

I just noticed you mentioned trails...

http://www.dorba.org/

PRichter1 wrote:

> I have just moved to Plano, TX. What are your suggestions for good road or
> trail rides, and what bicycle shops do you recommend?
>
> I will have about a 5 mile commute -- any pointers in commuting here?
>
> Thanks, Priscilla

The dorba.org site is a good source for trail conditions and information. I think the trails in Plano are closed due to construction on 190. Good trails in Rowlett and Grapevine, if yeah wanna road it, alot of people go to White Rock Lake. Also catching the DART train to downtown Dallas is fun lots of places to go just deal with traffic. It's pretty dead on Sundays so traffic isn't bad. The DART train allows bikes only during non peak rush hour times. Anyone know if the TRE allows bikes I've looked on there website with no luck.

I ride the TRE daily. Bikes are welcome even during rush hour.

rkatapt wrote:
> The dorba.org site is a good source for trail conditions and
> information. I think the trails in Plano are closed due to construction
> on 190. Good trails in Rowlett and Grapevine, if yeah wanna road it,
> alot of people go to White Rock Lake. Also catching the DART train to
> downtown Dallas is fun lots of places to go just deal with traffic.
> It's pretty dead on Sundays so traffic isn't bad. The DART train allows
> bikes only during non peak rush hour times. Anyone know if the TRE
> allows bikes I've looked on there website with no luck.
>

>Have you discovered these sites?
>
>http://www.planobicycle.org/
>
>http://gdbclub.org/gdb/
>

>PRichter1 wrote:
>> I have just moved to Plano, TX. What are your suggestions for good road or
>> trail rides, and what bicycle shops do you recommend?
>>
>> I will have about a 5 mile commute -- any pointers in commuting here?
>>
>> Thanks, Priscilla

No, I hadn't seen them. Thanks! I found I do live near some bike trails and my
commute is in a less-traffic area, but the traffic and the lack of shoulders
are intimidating!!

I moved here from rural Pennsylvania.

Blessings, Priscilla

rkatapt wrote:
> The dorba.org site is a good source for trail conditions and
> information. I think the trails in Plano are closed due to construction
> on 190. Good trails in Rowlett and Grapevine, if yeah wanna road it,
> alot of people go to White Rock Lake. Also catching the DART train to
> downtown Dallas is fun lots of places to go just deal with traffic.
> It's pretty dead on Sundays so traffic isn't bad. The DART train allows
> bikes only during non peak rush hour times. Anyone know if the TRE
> allows bikes I've looked on there website with no luck.

Yeah I've never ridden the TRE looks like i'll be doing that this weekend to venture Ft. Worth and get lost ought to be fun...