riding in plano, TX

Discussion in 'rec.bicycles.rides' started by PRichter1, Aug 1, 2004.

  1. PRichter1

    PRichter1 Guest

    I have just moved to Plano, TX. What are your suggestions for good road or
    trail rides, and what bicycle shops do you recommend?

    I will have about a 5 mile commute -- any pointers in commuting here?

    Thanks, Priscilla

    Tags:

  2. Stealth

    Stealth Guest

    Have you discovered these sites?

    http://www.planobicycle.org/

    http://gdbclub.org/gdb/

    PRichter1 wrote:
    > I have just moved to Plano, TX. What are your suggestions for good road or
    > trail rides, and what bicycle shops do you recommend?
    >
    > I will have about a 5 mile commute -- any pointers in commuting here?
    >
    > Thanks, Priscilla

  3. Stealth

    PRichter1 wrote:
    > I have just moved to Plano, TX. What are your suggestions for good road or
    > trail rides, and what bicycle shops do you recommend?
    >
    > I will have about a 5 mile commute -- any pointers in commuting here?
    >
    > Thanks, Priscilla

  4. Stealth

    Stealth Guest

    I just noticed you mentioned trails...

    http://www.dorba.org/

    PRichter1 wrote:

    > I have just moved to Plano, TX. What are your suggestions for good road or
    > trail rides, and what bicycle shops do you recommend?
    >
    > I will have about a 5 mile commute -- any pointers in commuting here?
    >
    > Thanks, Priscilla

  5. rkatapt

    rkatapt New Member

    Joined:
    Aug 1, 2004
    The dorba.org site is a good source for trail conditions and information. I think the trails in Plano are closed due to construction on 190. Good trails in Rowlett and Grapevine, if yeah wanna road it, alot of people go to White Rock Lake. Also catching the DART train to downtown Dallas is fun lots of places to go just deal with traffic. It's pretty dead on Sundays so traffic isn't bad. The DART train allows bikes only during non peak rush hour times. Anyone know if the TRE allows bikes I've looked on there website with no luck.

  6. Stealth

    Stealth Guest

    I ride the TRE daily. Bikes are welcome even during rush hour.

    rkatapt wrote:
    > The dorba.org site is a good source for trail conditions and
    > information. I think the trails in Plano are closed due to construction
    > on 190. Good trails in Rowlett and Grapevine, if yeah wanna road it,
    > alot of people go to White Rock Lake. Also catching the DART train to
    > downtown Dallas is fun lots of places to go just deal with traffic.
    > It's pretty dead on Sundays so traffic isn't bad. The DART train allows
    > bikes only during non peak rush hour times. Anyone know if the TRE
    > allows bikes I've looked on there website with no luck.

  7. PRichter1

    PRichter1 Guest

    >Have you discovered these sites?
    >
    >http://www.planobicycle.org/
    >
    >http://gdbclub.org/gdb/
    >

    >PRichter1 wrote:
    >> I have just moved to Plano, TX. What are your suggestions for good road or
    >> trail rides, and what bicycle shops do you recommend?
    >>
    >> I will have about a 5 mile commute -- any pointers in commuting here?
    >>
    >> Thanks, Priscilla

    No, I hadn't seen them. Thanks! I found I do live near some bike trails and my
    commute is in a less-traffic area, but the traffic and the lack of shoulders
    are intimidating!!

    I moved here from rural Pennsylvania.

    Blessings, Priscilla

  8. rkatapt

    rkatapt New Member

    Joined:
    Aug 1, 2004
    Yeah I've never ridden the TRE looks like i'll be doing that this weekend to venture Ft. Worth and get lost ought to be fun...