rec.sport.unicycling · Public discussion

Riding the crab cycle

Started by uw · · Last activity · 9 posts · 314 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
rec.sport.unicycling
Published
21 January 2006
Last activity
22 January 2006
Original author
uw
Posts
9
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
314
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–9 of 9
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. I put up a short clip of me riding...
    Sorry it was getting dark and its tilted 90 degrees.
    (My wife and I are learning how to use the camera :o )

    http://www.tux.org/~bagleyd/crab.html

    Hopefully I will update it soon.

    So far I have also rode it in a figure 8.

    The crab cycle is set to ride to the left. Pedaling backwards
    and riding to the right still seems difficult for me.
    Currently learning how to idle... it seems easier idling with the
    right foot down and has a feel of a rola bola.

    --
    uw
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    uw's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/2186
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/46264

  2. Wow! Cheers to you!

    I saw you practicing at Grant's Tomb. I was sure it was impossible to
    ride. It is great to see your able to ride the Crab unicycle,
    Congratulations!

    Thank you for the video.. It's good to see you again!

    --
    Chrashing

    Regards,
    Ken
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Chrashing's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/7501
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/46264

  3. Wow. That has to be one of the most difficult unicycles imaginable.

    --
    jsm

    Help edit the Unicyclopedia!
    http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/The_Unicyclopedia

    "wish i could be in a signature...*sigh*" -chosen
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    jsm's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6911
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/46264

  4. only three letters wtf

    --
    dan de man
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    dan de man's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11403
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/46264

  5. I got a better video now...

    Same site as before... http://www.tux.org/~bagleyd/crab.html

    It took me 3 months to ride it so I did not need a fence... I say I
    practiced about every other day for about an hour. By comparison the
    double wheel took me about 3 weeks.

    I normally bring it to Grants tomb in NYC... we meet the first Sunday
    3rd Saturday (1-5PM http://www.newyorkunicycle.com/ )

    The crab cycle was built by Tom Miller. With Tom's blessing, I plan to
    put all his drawings and photos of how it was built at the same site as
    the video. By the way, I recently put some new color pictures at Tom's
    site http://www.tux.org/~bagleyd/unicycle_factory

    David

    --
    uw
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    uw's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/2186
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/46264

  6. haha thats great i want to ride it, maybe quite hard to see where ur
    going though

    --
    unicycleboy

    www.unicycleboy.unicyclist.com

    I Feel Like a Wog
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    unicycleboy's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/399
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/46264

  7. Do you have a direct link to the video? I can't seem to find it....

    Never mind, I got it somehow.

    Looks dangerous!

    --
    forrestunifreak

    'My gallery' (http://tinyurl.com/bbf9x)

    www.seattlebikesupply.com
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    forrestunifreak's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6828
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/46264

  8. yeah i cant find the video... it lopks disgusting though

    Chase

    --
    Unitik908

    All hail the exhaulted Sigpoose, for he is forever king...
    R.I.P Unibiker
    R.I.P Gazzaloddi
    R.I.P Paul Hester
    R.I.P James Doohan
    R.I.P Mitch Hedberg
    R.I.P Peter Jennings
    R.I.P Pope John Paul II
    R.I.P James_Potters_Cat
    YAMS

    -last edited by the dave and sigpoose on 2005-09-05 at 08:56 pm -
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Unitik908's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8690
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/46264

  9. Even after I watched the movie, I don't believe it is possible. Is it
    possible to freemount? Can you ride it to the right also?
    Oh, the link is http://www.tux.org/~bagleyd/images/crab.mov

    --
    excaliber906

    ~Stephen McKay

    Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

    *Unitam logica falsa tuam philosophiam totam suffodiant.*
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    excaliber906's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8933
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/46264

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.