My KHS 300 flite 2004.
Came with the Sora Groupset.
Last month i started using clippless pedals on it.
But now when i strike hard down with my right leg at full power. There is a small sharp cracking sound, and i think i can feel vibration through the shoe.
Its Very annoying, I think the source must a stress facture within the Crank itsself.. or the Front chain rings flexing under the pressure.
Ive only been riding it for 4 months or so and done 4000k on it. Im not that heavy 10stone, also I do like to stand alot while pedaling.
Ive tried Tighting every screw and bolt.. taken off the cranks and made sure they are firmly back in place on the bracket, and tried my old clipin pedals, nothing gets rid of the "crack" every time i pedal hard (which is just about 100% of the time)
Are cracks forming within cranks very common on budget equipment like sora?
I dont want to spend £30 on a new crank with chain rings.. if its not going to fix the problem.