Road bike saddle on hybrid bike

OughtFour

Guest
Are there meaningful differences in saddles, road vs hybrid?

If you were going to rent a hybrid bike for a few days on a trip, would you
bring your saddle to use, or not bother?

I realize that you might, if faced with this choice, bring your entire bike.
Under other circumstances I would too.

For this trip, though I need to keep it to just my saddle, if that. I like
my saddle on my road bike but not sure how it would feel on a hybrid.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

OughtFour wrote:
> Are there meaningful differences in saddles, road vs hybrid?
>
> If you were going to rent a hybrid bike for a few days on a trip,

would you
> bring your saddle to use, or not bother?
>
> I realize that you might, if faced with this choice, bring your

entire bike.
> Under other circumstances I would too.
>
> For this trip, though I need to keep it to just my saddle, if that. I

like
> my saddle on my road bike but not sure how it would feel on a hybrid.
>
> Any thoughts?

I use the same model saddle on all of my bikes. If I were to borrow or
rent a bike I'd certainly substitute my own saddle. IMO, f your saddle
is comfortable on your road bike, it will be comfortable (assuming you
get it positioned properly) on any bike. Even if your posture is more
upright, that's only from the hips up.

RichC

OughtFour wrote:
> Are there meaningful differences in saddles, road vs hybrid?
>
> If you were going to rent a hybrid bike for a few days on a trip,

would you
> bring your saddle to use, or not bother?
>
> I realize that you might, if faced with this choice, bring your

entire bike.
> Under other circumstances I would too.
>
> For this trip, though I need to keep it to just my saddle, if that. I

like
> my saddle on my road bike but not sure how it would feel on a hybrid.
>
> Any thoughts?
>
> Thanks!

I wouldn't bother taking my road saddle. Read where Rich C. uses the
same type saddle for all his bikes. That's great. For myself, I use
different saddles on different bikes. Maybe it's because I'm built
different. I dunno. Anyway, the more upright position of the hybrid
would be uncomfortable to me on my road saddle. I've got a hybrid, its
saddle is a $35 wonder from Specialized. My road saddle on that bike
would kill me. Put another way, I'd use my hybrid saddle on the road
bike, but never the road saddle on the hybrid. Again, that's just me.
Good luck.
Art

OughtFour wrote:

> If you were going to rent a hybrid bike for a few days on a trip, would you
> bring your saddle to use, or not bother?
> Any thoughts?

Since it's for a few days, you could take your saddle (and the tools to
swap it out), rent the bike, put your saddle on it for awhile, and if it
didn't feel right put the other back on.

On Mon, 04 Apr 2005 18:03:31 GMT in rec.bicycles.misc,
"OughtFour" <[email protected]> wrote:

> If you were going to rent a hybrid bike for a few days on a trip, would you
> bring your saddle to use, or not bother?
>
> I realize that you might, if faced with this choice, bring your entire bike.
> Under other circumstances I would too.
>
> For this trip, though I need to keep it to just my saddle, if that. I like
> my saddle on my road bike but not sure how it would feel on a hybrid.

i would take my pedals (speedplay frogs), shoes, shorts, and
perhaps my saddle.