Roark Custom Titanium Bicycles Unveils New Website

mtanner242

Mar 1, 2004
Roark Custom Titanium Bicycles has unveiled a new website to provide product information pertaining to its custom bicycles.

The website was created with two primary goals. First, it was designed to showcase the superior craftsmanship and design that Roark puts into its work. Every frame is handmade and the bicycles have been described as rolling pieces of art. Kevin Smeltzer, Program Manager for Roark Custom Titanium Bicycles, attributes the company’s background in the aerospace industry to developing a level of perfection uncommon in most bicycles. “There isn’t a custom bicycle on the road that matches the quality you get with Roark,” said Smeltzer. “Whether we’re building jet engine parts for the B1 Bomber or your next bicycle, we strive for excellence.”

The second goal of the website is to introduce the latest product offerings from Roark, the Full Aero and Full Aero Coupler frames. These frames consist of a teardrop-shaped aero down tube, seat tube, and flattened seat stays that are custom formed at the Roark facility. Jim Zoellner, Roark’s Design Engineer, created a concave-shaped rear wheel cutout in the seat tube, a feature that distinguishes Roark bikes from those of its competitors. The cutout allows the rear wheel to fit closely against the frame without the use of troublesome horizontal dropouts. The Full Aero Coupler frame utilizes S&S titanium couplers and easily disassembles to fit inside a 26” square x 10” deep case that can be checked as baggage. “The advantage of this design is that the bike can easily travel on airplanes without incurring additional fees or hassles,” said Zoellner. This frame has been very appealing to multisport athletes.

Designed and developed by BitWise Solutions in Carmel, Indiana, visitors can find the meaning behind the company slogan “What We Make Flies” at www.roarkcycles.com. More information about the company and its products, including the “Roark Experience,” is available on the website.

Very nice frames. I may have to order one of these to check it out.

mtanner242 said:
Roark Custom Titanium Bicycles has unveiled a new website to provide product information pertaining to its custom bicycles.

The website was created with two primary goals. First, it was designed to showcase the superior craftsmanship and design that Roark puts into its work. Every frame is handmade and the bicycles have been described as rolling pieces of art. Kevin Smeltzer, Program Manager for Roark Custom Titanium Bicycles, attributes the company’s background in the aerospace industry to developing a level of perfection uncommon in most bicycles. “There isn’t a custom bicycle on the road that matches the quality you get with Roark,” said Smeltzer. “Whether we’re building jet engine parts for the B1 Bomber or your next bicycle, we strive for excellence.”

The second goal of the website is to introduce the latest product offerings from Roark, the Full Aero and Full Aero Coupler frames. These frames consist of a teardrop-shaped aero down tube, seat tube, and flattened seat stays that are custom formed at the Roark facility. Jim Zoellner, Roark’s Design Engineer, created a concave-shaped rear wheel cutout in the seat tube, a feature that distinguishes Roark bikes from those of its competitors. The cutout allows the rear wheel to fit closely against the frame without the use of troublesome horizontal dropouts. The Full Aero Coupler frame utilizes S&S titanium couplers and easily disassembles to fit inside a 26” square x 10” deep case that can be checked as baggage. “The advantage of this design is that the bike can easily travel on airplanes without incurring additional fees or hassles,” said Zoellner. This frame has been very appealing to multisport athletes.

Designed and developed by BitWise Solutions in Carmel, Indiana, visitors can find the meaning behind the company slogan “What We Make Flies” at www.roarkcycles.com. More information about the company and its products, including the “Roark Experience,” is available on the website.

carbonguru said:
Very nice frames. I may have to order one of these to check it out.
LOL. You will have to do a lot more shilling for Roi to afford one.

Not sure what that is suppose to mean Bro Deal, but I can afford a frame on my meager million dollar salary. But hey, who's counting?

Bro Deal said:
LOL. You will have to do a lot more shilling for Roi to afford one.

carbonguru said:
Not sure what that is suppose to mean Bro Deal, but I can afford a frame on my meager million dollar salary. But hey, who's counting?
Uh huh.

Bro Deal that picture is hilarious!!! In all seriousness, I'm laughing so hard my eyes are tearing. I just forwarded the attachment to all my employees and one already printed it out and put it up in the break room. Thanks for the laugh. It was needed. Crazy day...and its only 8:41am. Have a good day Bro.

Bro Deal said:

BREAK IT UP.

CGuru, you just got a frame, don't say you are getting another, what components would you put on it, it might start eating into the seven figure salary you are suggesting???

Bro Deal, just don't start again. Please. He is very hard to believe but who cares.

carbonguru said:
Bro Deal that picture is hilarious!!! In all seriousness, I'm laughing so hard my eyes are tearing. I just forwarded the attachment to all my employees and one already printed it out and put it up in the break room. Thanks for the laugh. It was needed. Crazy day...and its only 8:41am. Have a good day Bro.

Isn't it 9:41 am in Wilmington, NC?

(apologies in advance to all who are so offended by this statement. It is just too much fun to catch all his slip ups! Now, I AM wasting time. ):D

Talking to yourself again?

100miles said:

(apologies in advance to all who are so offended by this statement. It is just too much fun to catch all his slip ups! Now, I AM wasting time. ):D

100miles said:

How many times can this guy slip up? This sort of thing has actually been funniest part of cguru's ad campaign. His marketing tactics are slimy, and I think you would have to be a imbecile to buy anything from someone who would stoop to such levels; but continually being caught lying and carrying on with the charade as though nothing has happened is hilarious. I also think it is an insult to everyone here. Just how stupid does he think we all are?

There is undoubtedly a really good job waiting for you in Washington, carbon. All politicians need someone who can lie to the prols without flinching. You might want to check it out.

Bro Deal, personally, I think you're a chump. But that's just my opinion. ;)

Bro Deal said:
How many times can this guy slip up? This sort of thing has actually been funniest part of cguru's ad campaign. His marketing tactics are slimy, and I think you would have to be a imbecile to buy anything from someone who would stoop to such levels; but continually being caught lying and carrying on with the charade as though nothing has happened is hilarious. I also think it is an insult to everyone here. Just how stupid does he think we all are?

There is undoubtedly a really good job waiting for you in Washington, carbon. All politicians need someone who can lie to the prols without flinching. You might want to check it out.

Bro Deal said:

The carrying on is the best part. I have been doing some research. ROI bikes are NOT all made in Italy. More details to follow...

Neither is Colnago. Did you know the Carbonisimo is made in Taiwan?

mrklein said:
The carrying on is the best part. I have been doing some research. ROI bikes are NOT all made in Italy. More details to follow...

carbonguru said:
Neither is Colnago. Did you know the Carbonisimo is made in Taiwan?
Taiwan is fine with me, except that you have always talked about Italy. Only. MoreROI info to follow...

That's because that is the info in the Sales Brochure and the info I learned at their booth.

mrklein said:
Taiwan is fine with me, except that you have always talked about Italy. Only. MoreROI info to follow...

carbonguru said:
That's because that is the info in the Sales Brochure and the info I learned at their booth.
I thought we had already established that you were not at Eurobike. The web of deception is starting to make my head hurt.

Who ever said I wasn't there? They said George wasn't there. But I was standing there talking to him in the booth. So I guess I can say he was there. Bro Deal you're making my head hurt. You were not even in on this since the beginning. You're a vulture gnawing on scraps. Get your own thread.

Bro Deal said:
I thought we had already established that you were not at Eurobike. The web of deception is starting to make my head hurt.

mrklein said:

I think you guys should keep the carbonguru/ROI/George info/lies stuff to Carbonguru's own ROI thread that he began. That way the whole forum isn't mucked up with his ****. Don't get me wrong..I am interested in the information... but he's spread pretty thin these days.. it's hard to keep up with all the stories!

There are only three people who consistently post ****. 100miles, Bro Deal and MrKlein. Without you three, the forum is great! ;)

100miles said:
I think you guys should keep the carbonguru/ROI/George info/lies stuff to Carbonguru's own ROI thread that he began. That way the whole forum isn't mucked up with his ****. Don't get me wrong..I am interested in the information... but he's spread pretty thin these days.. it's hard to keep up with all the stories!

carbonguru said:
There are only three people who consistently post ****. 100miles, Bro Deal and MrKlein. Without you three, the forum is great! ;)
Oh George. How is it that every time someone asks you a question about your crazy claims you just get mad and never answer? You never rode that magma. You are the ebay guy. You never had that frame built. I don't even care if you use the forum to sell, that is o.k. but why do you tell so many stories? I am going to blow the lid off your whole gig. More to follow...;)