Role of dietary fiber in colon cancer: an overview.

Mr-Natural-Health

Guest
Role of dietary fiber in colon cancer: an overview.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/...ve&db=pubmed&dopt=Abstract&list_uids=10089109

Reddy BS.

Division of Nutritional Carcinogenesis, American Health Foundation,
Valhalla, New York 10595, USA.

"Studies have demonstrated a reduced risk of colon cancer when
populations with diets high in total fat switched to a diet high in
total fiber and certain whole-grain foods. Case-control studies have
shown convincingly the relationship between dietary fiber and colon
cancer. Studies in animal models have demonstrated that the inhibitory
effects of dietary fiber on the development of colonic neoplasms depend
on the nature and source of the fiber; that wheat bran appears to
inhibit colon tumor development more consistently than do other dietary
sources of fiber, such as oat and corn bran; and that dietary
administration of phytic acid, high levels of which are present in
wheat bran, inhibits colon carcinogenesis. Human dietary intervention
studies have also indicated that the modifying effect of dietary fiber
on bacterial enzymes involved in the production of putative colon tumor
promoters depends on the type of fiber consumed. Dietary wheat bran,
but not oat or corn bran, significantly decreased the levels of several
tumor promoters in the colon, independent of stool bulk."

PMID: 10089109
http://naturalhealthperspective.com/food/whole-grains.html
--
John Gohde,
Achieving good Nutrition is an Art, NOT a Science!

The nutrition of eating a healthy diet is a biological factor of the
mind-body connection. Now, weighing in at 18 web pages, the
Nutrition of a Healthy Diet is with more documentation and
sharper terminology than ever before.

Simm Webb wrote:
> Mr-Natural-Health wrote:
>
> > Role of dietary fiber in colon cancer: an overview.
> > http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/...ve&db=pubmed&dopt=Abstract&list_uids=10089109
> >
> > Reddy BS.
> >

> You still are a bag of flatulence.

Yeah, a bag full of 120 plus web pages.

I have no pet issues. I am a very well rounded individual.

Mr-Natural-Health wrote:
> Simm Webb wrote:
> > Mr-Natural-Health wrote:
> >
> > > Role of dietary fiber in colon cancer: an overview.
> > > http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/...ve&db=pubmed&dopt=Abstract&list_uids=10089109
> > >
> > > Reddy BS.
> > >

> > You still are a bag of flatulence.

> Yeah, a bag full of 120 plus web pages.
>
> I have no pet issues. I am a very well rounded individual.

<snip>

So.... then are you denying the rumor that you're a
bitter-at-the-world, toothless paraplegic?

Just thought that I'd like to know..... :)

Try google "rice bran colon tumor" and you can get similar results.

Replace rice, wheat with almond, sun flower seeds and you also get cancer
prevention results.

Since Sun flower seeds and Almond are low in Carb and have similar cancer
prevention effect, they are much better healthy food than rice or flour.

On 24 Feb 2006 14:46:10 -0800, "Mr-Natural-Health"
<[email protected]> wrote:

=>Role of dietary fiber in colon cancer: an overview.
=>http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/...ve&db=pubmed&dopt=Abstract&list_uids=10089109
=>
=>Reddy BS.
=>
[...]

On Sun, 26 Feb 2006 02:58:27 GMT, Star Shooter wrote in
<news:[email protected]> on
alt.support.diet.low-carb,alt.support.diet.paleolithic,alt.health.diabetes,misc.health.diabetes,sci.med.nutrition
:

> Try google "rice bran colon tumor" and you can get similar results.
>
> Replace rice, wheat with almond, sun flower seeds and you also get cancer
> prevention results.

How do you use sun flower seeds?
I think they are nice in muesli with oats and nuts, or in pumpernickel
bread.

> Since Sun flower seeds and Almond are low in Carb and have similar cancer
> prevention effect, they are much better healthy food than rice or flour.

Why so?

Fup2 [Followup-to: / Risposte a:] sci.med.nutrition
X'Posted to: alt.support.diet.low-carb,alt.support.diet.paleolithic,alt.health.diabetes,misc.health.diabetes,sci.med.nutrition

Featuring another encore performance of a great post.

[...]

hehe.... I love how you're the only person in this thread that thinks
guess is that you KNOW whole grains are bad for you, but you're the
personality type that thrives on disharmony. That's why you keep
posting every little thing you can find about grains in a group that
clearly disagrees with the concept. You're not trying to change our
minds. You're trying to stir up controversy.

Oh well. Whatever floats your boat. The benefit is that all of the
excellent rebuttals to your ridiculous posts will be available for all
to read for years to come. Without even knowing it, you're actually
HELPING people understand that grains are a bad choice. Good job, man!
:)

Max.