rec.sport.unicycling · Public discussion

Rolled away from 3 one foot pedals!!!

Started by Beener · · Last activity · 13 posts · 336 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
rec.sport.unicycling
Published
14 November 2005
Last activity
15 November 2005
Original author
Beener
Posts
13
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
336
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–13 of 13
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Was just out screwing around tonight and I managed to roll away from
    three one foot pedals. I haven't figured out what to do with my free
    foot though and I have a hard time putting it on my frame, as it is
    round. I just let it dangle there and then get it on the pedal.
    It's no 10 foot drop, or 360 unispin, but it felt really awesome. You
    are all so much help and a huge inspiration to me, Thanks

    --
    Beener

    If you swear, you'll catch no fish.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Beener's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3817
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/44708

  2. good job!

    really, one footing was the hardest thing for me to learn. It took me
    nearly three weeks nightly practice during the summer break to learn.
    It's a great feeling, huh? pulling off that trick you've worked so hard
    at?

    what you could do to get your foot out of the way is to tuck it up
    under you. try to touch the rear seat bumper, and just leave it there.
    that's what i did until i figured out i could put my foot on the frame.

    --
    abbabibble

    Cheers, Mat.
    -----------------------
    SUPER AWEXOME SUPER-UNI SHIRTS! PREORDER YOURS
    TODAY!!!http://unicyclist.com/forums/showthread.php?t=44230
    --"to maxis: STOP. GRAMMAR TIME." -Fwgen0moB?
    "abababilbel" - General Dibbles
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    abbabibble's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10751
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/44708

  3. abbabibble said:

    good job!

    really, one footing was the hardest thing for me to learn. It took me
    nearly three weeks nightly practice during the summer break to learn.
    It's a great feeling, huh? pulling off that trick you've worked so hard
    at?

    what you could do to get your foot out of the way is to tuck it up
    under you. try to touch the rear seat bumper, and just leave it there.
    that's what i did until i figured out i could put my foot on the frame.

    I learnt by pressing my calf against the frame. Seems to work well for
    me, especially on larger wheels.
    For a video of me riding like this, check out the Belle Isle video
    thread.

    +-------------------------------------------------------------------+
    |Filename: smlone foot.JPG |
    |Download: http://www.unicyclist.com/attachment/10640 |
    +-------------------------------------------------------------------+

    --
    Skippii

    One for the Road: Harrisonburg's Unicycle gang.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Skippii's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/7822
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/44708

  4. I learned without putting my foot on anything, and even now I can't ride
    1 footed as well with my foot on the crown.

    It depends on what you start out doing, I think.

    --
    forrestunifreak

    forrestuniETgmailDITcom

    warning: the above statement is usually not intended to offend anyone.
    it has been know to cause warts, ringworm, and diaper rash.
    it may contain logic, poltical incorrectyness, pshycological nudity,
    and traces of peanuts.you cant read this!
    'My gallery' (http://tinyurl.com/bbf9x)
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    forrestunifreak's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6828
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/44708

  5. I'll disagree with that to an extent--once I got a flat crown uni, it
    took me while to adjust, but shortly afterwards I was able to surpass
    my off-crown riding.
    Larger wheels are easier for 1-foot due to their inertia, but harder to
    get your foot on the crown.
    24" is probably the ideal balance of the two.

    --
    Skippii

    One for the Road: Harrisonburg's Unicycle gang.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Skippii's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/7822
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/44708

  6. yea i only learned 1 fting only like a yr ago and now im doin just
    unimaginable stuff. im sure youll continue to learn and congrats on
    gettin it man.

    o and skippii your shoes are awesome! thoroughly

    --
    AllThingsUni

    :eek:
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    AllThingsUni's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8306
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/44708

  7. Skippii said:

    I learnt by pressing my calf against the frame. Seems to work well for
    me, especially on larger wheels.

    That is how I learnt it first. Worked for me too, but I now got a uni
    where I can put my foot on top of it, so it's all good. I actually
    found it easier to ride without my foot actually on the frame, but just
    near it...I don't know...

    --
    Zee
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Zee's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11061
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/44708

  8. Beener I thought you said you suck?

    I find I'm an ok rider and I just learned 1 footed also this past
    weekend when I went riding with Kapoute.

    Are you using a 24"?

    --
    Victory
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Victory's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10062
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/44708

  9. No, I have a 20" and I tried it on the 24 and it doesn't quite work. I
    can only pedal three times though, so its only a small accomplishment.
    I have been working more on street stuff lately but because the kid I
    ride with has a pretty horrible uni, I try to keep him from working on
    hops and stuff.

    --
    Beener

    If you swear, you'll catch no fish.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Beener's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3817
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/44708

  10. lol ya your 3 pedal one footer was pretty sweet and is my uni that bad?
    lol just kidding but glad you stuck that trick beener.

    --
    hagbag14

    swear? fish? what the $#%@?
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    hagbag14's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11068
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/44708

  11. Well done, I recently got 1-foot riding down. Incidentally, i found if i
    rode with one foot in mid air i could only get 3 turns because all my
    weight would go on to my other foot and I would press too hard down on
    the pedal. As soon as i started putting my other foot on the crown i
    went up to around a dozen turns, now i can do several hundred yards at
    a time. If you can't already, learn to one-foot idle, i found knowing
    that realy helped with placing my foot on the crown during the
    transition from riding to one-foot.

    --
    kington99

    Dave

    - what a thoroughly post-modern subversion of the cycling genre -
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    kington99's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/9417
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/44708

  12. Beener said:

    I have a hard time putting it on my frame, as it is round.

    This might be the cheapest and easiest solution to the rounded crown
    problem.

    +-------------------------------------------------------------------+
    |Filename: screwclamp.jpg |
    |Download: http://www.unicyclist.com/attachment/10663 |
    +-------------------------------------------------------------------+

    --
    GILD

    'three short gs and a long e-flat'
    (http://w3.rz-berlin.mpg.de/cmp/beethoven_sym5_1.wav) - 'map'
    (http://www.frappr.com/unicycleworld)
    '\\"freedom is just chaos, with better lighting.\\" entropy'
    (http://tinyurl.com/77lom)
    'harper' (http://tinyurl.com/c9epx)
    'NAMASTE!' (http://tinyurl.com/4qcxw)
    'Dave' (http://www.lyricsdir.com/d/deep-purple/child-in-time.php)
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    GILD's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/657
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/44708

  13. That'a an awesome idea, I am going to the hardware store tomorrow to get
    myself a set of crown clamps. With those and the grip tape, I should be
    set for sure. Thanks everyone for all the advice and encouragement.

    --
    Beener

    If you swear, you'll catch no fish.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Beener's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3817
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/44708

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.