Hi all, Has anyone tried this?... turning the saddle slightly to one side for increased comfort?
John Cobb seems to advocate this on his website. He claims 5 degrees left or right rotation of the
saddle nose off-center will enable a person to sit properly and more comfortably while riding. This
is news to me, but I'm going to try it and report back. Regards, Al
Cycling Equipment · Public discussion
rotating saddle nose slightly off center?
Thread navigation
Jump through the discussion
Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.
Thread details
What we know about this thread
- Original section
- Cycling Equipment
- Published
- 24 June 2003
- Last activity
- 25 June 2003
- Original author
- Aljan12
- Posts
- 15
- Discussion status
- Public discussion
- Total views
- 2,883
- Views / 30 days
- 0
The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.
-
-
"Aljan12" <[email hidden]> wrote in message "]news:[email hidden]...
Quoted message said:
Hi all, Has anyone tried this?... turning the saddle slightly to one side for
increasedQuoted message said:
comfort? John Cobb seems to advocate this on his website. He claims 5 degrees left
orQuoted message said:
right rotation of the saddle nose off-center will enable a person to sit properly and more
comfortably while riding. This is news to me, but I'm going to try it and report back. Regards, AlTurn the nose of the saddle to the opposite of the side you 'dress' on. You will have more room and
be more comfortable, longer. It doesn't take much. It is worth the try. -
"Aljan12" <[email hidden]> wrote in message "]news:[email hidden]...
| Hi all, Has anyone tried this?... turning the saddle slightly to one side for
increased
| comfort? John Cobb seems to advocate this on his website. He claims 5 degrees left
or
| right rotation of the saddle nose off-center will enable a person to sit properly and more
| comfortably while riding. This is news to me, but I'm going to try it and report back. Regards, AlYeah, I have my saddle slightly pointed to one side - it makes a world of difference in comfort for
me (...kinda found that out by accident when the bike fell and the saddle got pushed a bit to one
side. Liked it so much I will always set my bike up that way...)Jean
-
I had a seat accidentally setup like that in a triathlon. Chafed a hole in the side of my leg, just
near the goolies. Hurt like hell. I was wearing Speedos at the time, maybe it wouldn't happen with
nix. Don't intend to try it again though."Aljan12" <[email hidden]> wrote in message "]news:[email hidden]... Hi
all, Has anyone tried this?... turning the saddle slightly to one side for increased comfort? John
Cobb seems to advocate this on his website. He claims 5 degrees left or right rotation of the saddle
nose off-center will enable a person to sit properly and more comfortably while riding. This is news
to me, but I'm going to try it and report back. Regards, Al -
Personally, I find it more of a comfort when down in the aero bars of my tri bike. Not as
significant when on my road bike."Aljan12" <[email hidden]> wrote in message "]news:[email hidden]...
Quoted message said:
Hi all, Has anyone tried this?... turning the saddle slightly to one side for
increasedQuoted message said:
comfort? John Cobb seems to advocate this on his website. He claims 5 degrees left
orQuoted message said:
right rotation of the saddle nose off-center will enable a person to sit properly and more
comfortably while riding. This is news to me, but I'm going to try it and report back. Regards, Al -
I tried it at a very slight (5 degrees is the recommendation) angle and I find it to be somewhat
more comfortable on my road bike using a serfas narrow saddle. (angled opposite "dress side"😉.
"Aljan12" <[email hidden]> wrote in message "]news:[email hidden]...Quoted message said:
Hi all, Has anyone tried this?... turning the saddle slightly to one side for
increasedQuoted message said:
comfort? John Cobb seems to advocate this on his website. He claims 5 degrees left
orQuoted message said:
right rotation of the saddle nose off-center will enable a person to sit properly and more
comfortably while riding. This is news to me, but I'm going to try it and report back. Regards, Al -
Aljan12 <[email hidden]> wrote in message "]news:[email hidden]...
Quoted message said:
Hi all, Has anyone tried this?... turning the saddle slightly to one side for
increasedQuoted message said:
comfort? John Cobb seems to advocate this on his website. He claims 5 degrees left
orQuoted message said:
right rotation of the saddle nose off-center will enable a person to sit properly and more
comfortably while riding. This is news to me, but I'm going to try it and report back. Regards, AlFunny you should mention this just now - I found _myself_ automatically sitting slightly skewed on
my (straight) saddle recently, then turned it slightly to one side so I could sit straight and get
the same result. Never heard mention of it before now, though. Guess my nuts can think for
themselves, then, heheheh......Cheers!
Shaun aRe
-
Al:
Yes I am doing this also. It just seemed like the right thing to do to cure some inner thigh rub &
it seems to work fine. I think I rotated my saddle no more than about 2-3 degrees but it works.MOO, Matt
Aljan12 said:
Hi all, Has anyone tried this?... turning the saddle slightly to one side for increased comfort?
John Cobb seems to advocate this on his website. He claims 5 degrees left or right rotation of the
saddle nose off-center will enable a person to sit properly and more comfortably while riding. This
is news to me, but I'm going to try it and report back. Regards, Al -
Dave Thompson said:
"Aljan12" <[email hidden]> wrote in message "]news:[email hidden]...
Quoted message said:
Hi all, Has anyone tried this?... turning the saddle slightly to one side for
increased
Quoted message said:
comfort? John Cobb seems to advocate this on his website. He claims 5 degrees left
or
Quoted message said:
right rotation of the saddle nose off-center will enable a person to sit properly and more
comfortably while riding. This is news to me, but I'm going to try it and report back. Regards, AlTurn the nose of the saddle to the opposite of the side you 'dress' on. You will have more room
and be more comfortable, longer. It doesn't take much. It is worth the try.What do you mean by the side that you dress on?
David
-
David Kunz <[email hidden]> wrote in message
"]news:[email hidden]...Quoted message said:
Dave Thompson wrote:
Quoted message said:
Quoted message said:
Turn the nose of the saddle to the opposite of the side you 'dress' on.
YouQuoted message said:
Quoted message said:
will have more room and be more comfortable, longer. It doesn't take
much.Quoted message said:
Quoted message said:
It is worth the try.
What do you mean by the side that you dress on?
Which side yer dingles dangles when at rest.
Shaun aRe
-
"David Kunz" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
"]news:[email hidden]...Quoted message said:
Dave Thompson said:
"Aljan12" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
"]news:[email hidden]...Quoted message said:
Hi all, Has anyone tried this?... turning the saddle slightly to one side for
increased
Quoted message said:
comfort? John Cobb seems to advocate this on his website. He claims 5 degrees
leftQuoted message said:
Quoted message said:
orQuoted message said:
right rotation of the saddle nose off-center will enable a person to sit properly and more
comfortably while riding. This is news to me, but I'm going to try it and report back.
Regards, AlTurn the nose of the saddle to the opposite of the side you 'dress' on.
YouQuoted message said:
Quoted message said:
will have more room and be more comfortable, longer. It doesn't take
much.Quoted message said:
Quoted message said:
It is worth the try.
What do you mean by the side that you dress on?
David
When you are standing, with slacks on, which pantleg do the 'boys' want to be in? Most men have a
preference to "dress" on the left or right side. If you were to go to a tailor to have your slacks
altered, he most likely would ask you what side you "dress" on so he could make slightly more room
on that side. -
David Kunz said:
Dave Thompson said:
Turn the nose of the saddle to the opposite of the side you 'dress' on. You will have more room
and be more comfortable, longer. It doesn't take much. It is worth the try.
What do you mean by the side that you dress on?I appear to be the only person capable of explaining this without a mass of euphemisms. The side
that you "dress" on is the side of the crotch of your trousers that you ordinarily keep your
penis next to.
--
David Damerell <[email hidden]> Kill the tomato! -
David Damerell said:
David Kunz said:
Dave Thompson said:
Turn the nose of the saddle to the opposite of the side you 'dress' on. You will have more room
and be more comfortable, longer. It doesn't take much. It is worth the try.What do you mean by the side that you dress on?
I appear to be the only person capable of explaining this without a mass of euphemisms.
What a brave iconoclast! Actually, you're just the first person that's not capable of explaining it
with a mass of euphemisms. -
David Damerell said:
I appear to be the only person capable of explaining this without a mass of euphemisms. The side
that you "dress" on is the side of the crotch of your trousers that you ordinarily keep your penis
next to.I could, but I couldn't be arsed.
Is it a Yank thing?
--
Andy MorrisAndyAtJinkasDotFreeserve.Co.UK
Love this: Put an end to Outlook Express's messy quotes
home.in.tum.deoe quotefixOpen ↗ -
hee hee hee - you said penis - hee hee hee
"David Damerell" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
url='news:'news:/url... David Kunz said:
Dave Thompson said:
Turn the nose of the saddle to the opposite of the side you 'dress' on.
YouQuoted message said:
Quoted message said:
will have more room and be more comfortable, longer. It doesn't take much. It is worth the try.
What do you mean by the side that you dress on?I appear to be the only person capable of explaining this without a mass of euphemisms. The side
that you "dress" on is the side of the crotch of your trousers that you ordinarily keep your
penis next to.
--
David Damerell <[email hidden]> Kill the tomato!
Active in the last 60 minutes
Active in this thread
0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total
No signed-in users are active right now.
No known search crawlers active right now.