rotator cuff - shoulder (snap, crackle, little pops) - without weights!

Discussion in 'General Fitness' started by [email protected], Mar 10, 2006.

  1. I haven't lifted weights for ages, but was considering a flat
    benchpress ('cos a flat bench - the bench itself - is convenient to
    hide away). I looked up ways to prevent rotator cuff injury that can
    result from it.

    I did a few rotator cuff stretches and exercises, no heavy weight.
    Then to test how it felt, I tried a military press motion and
    benchpress motion without a weight, and heard those crackling noises.
    Does that mean I did the exercises and stretches wrongly?

    I think in the past when I first started exercising , I got a few crack
    noises when doing military press, and after a week or two, when
    exercising, they did stop

    Tags:

  2. locker

    locker Guest

    [email protected] wrote:
    > I haven't lifted weights for ages, but was considering a flat
    > benchpress ('cos a flat bench - the bench itself - is

    convenient to
    > hide away). I looked up ways to prevent rotator cuff injury

    that can
    > result from it.
    >
    > I did a few rotator cuff stretches and exercises, no heavy

    weight.
    > Then to test how it felt, I tried a military press motion and
    > benchpress motion without a weight, and heard those crackling
    > noises. Does that mean I did the exercises and stretches

    wrongly?

    Is there pain with the movements? If there's no pain, warm up
    your shoulders good before your working sets then work with a
    light weight until the cracking/pops stop or you determine
    there's not going to be any pain. One or two weeks sounds good.

    I usually get a rotator cuff injury if I do too many reps and
    sets in the bench. Heavy weight is ok but not a lot of reps. I
    also do one board presses so my shoulders don't get pulled down
    as far. You can use a 10 or 25 lb plate if your don't have any
    boards. Place it on your chest and lower the bar to the plate.
    You can also do partial bench in a rack if you have access to
    one.

    Always warm up your shoulders before doing any upper body
    pushing exercises.

    locker