RR: My ride on Sunday

MikeJ

Guest
I went offroad with my local offroad club, on the way round there was
a hill. I had real trouble up this hill, and I fell off breaking my
wrist :(

I am not allowed to cycle or drive for 6 weeks (one of which is when
we are going on holiday - fortunately we are going with my inlaws and
my father in law is driving)

On the ride today, when I had hurt myself and couldn't cycle, they
said do you want to bail out and left me (I had to walk all the way
home)

Gits.

MikeJ wrote:
> I went offroad with my local offroad club, on the way round there was
> a hill. I had real trouble up this hill, and I fell off breaking my
> wrist :(

Mantra:

Must keep hands on handlebars when falling over (if possible).

> On the ride today, when I had hurt myself and couldn't cycle, they
> said do you want to bail out and left me (I had to walk all the way
> home)

Sounds to me as if you need to find some new riding companions. Lame
move leaving a hurt rider to fend for themself.

Hope the recovery goes well.

TS

troutboy wrote:
> MikeJ wrote:
>> I went offroad with my local offroad club, on the way round there was
>> a hill. I had real trouble up this hill, and I fell off breaking my
>> wrist :(

> Mantra:
>
> Must keep hands on handlebars when falling over (if possible).
>
>> On the ride today, when I had hurt myself and couldn't cycle, they
>> said do you want to bail out and left me (I had to walk all the way
>> home)

> Sounds to me as if you need to find some new riding companions. Lame
> move leaving a hurt rider to fend for themself.
>
> Hope the recovery goes well.
>
> TS

Yeah, only roadies do that. Even the shuttlemonkeys stop to help
injured riders.

--
o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-o
www.schnauzers.ws

Ride-A-Lot" <"mitchell[NOSPAM] wrote:
> troutboy wrote:
>> MikeJ wrote:
>>> I went offroad with my local offroad club, on the way round there
>>> was a hill. I had real trouble up this hill, and I fell off
>>> breaking my wrist :(

>> Mantra:
>>
>> Must keep hands on handlebars when falling over (if possible).
>>
>>> On the ride today, when I had hurt myself and couldn't cycle, they
>>> said do you want to bail out and left me (I had to walk all the way
>>> home)

>> Sounds to me as if you need to find some new riding companions. Lame
>> move leaving a hurt rider to fend for themself.
>>
>> Hope the recovery goes well.

> Yeah, only roadies do that. Even the shuttlemonkeys stop to help
> injured riders.

Something doesn't add up. Subject says ride on Sunday; then he talks about
the ride "today" (posted on 8/1). No group that I know would just say "see
ya" and leave an injured rider to walk home.

Something doesn't add up.

Bill Sornson wrote:
> Ride-A-Lot" <"mitchell[NOSPAM] wrote:
>> troutboy wrote:
>>> Mantra:
>>>
>>> Must keep hands on handlebars when falling over (if possible).

>>> Sounds to me as if you need to find some new riding companions. Lame
>>> move leaving a hurt rider to fend for themself.
>>>
>>> Hope the recovery goes well.

>> Yeah, only roadies do that. Even the shuttlemonkeys stop to help
>> injured riders.

> Something doesn't add up. Subject says ride on Sunday; then he talks about
> the ride "today" (posted on 8/1). No group that I know would just say "see
> ya" and leave an injured rider to walk home.
>
> Something doesn't add up.

Might be the Vicodin.

--
o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-o
www.schnauzers.ws

Bill Sornson wrote:

> Something doesn't add up.

You have a point. The guys I ride with would have killed him and eaten
him.

CC

Corvus Corvax wrote:
> Bill Sornson wrote:
>>
>> Something doesn't add up.

> You have a point. The guys I ride with would have killed him and eaten
> him.

Well, sure, /fixies/...

On Tue, 01 Aug 2006 23:19:34 GMT, "Bill Sornson" <[email protected]>
wrote:

>Something doesn't add up. Subject says ride on Sunday; then he talks about
>the ride "today" (posted on 8/1). No group that I know would just say "see
>ya" and leave an injured rider to walk home.
>
>Something doesn't add up.

Sorry, I copied and pasted it from another forum that I am on and
forgot to edit that bit, but I all happened on Sunday. Its not that
easy to work comupters with one hand.

MikeJ wrote:
> On Tue, 01 Aug 2006 23:19:34 GMT, "Bill Sornson" <[email protected]>
> wrote:
>
>>Something doesn't add up. Subject says ride on Sunday; then he talks about
>>the ride "today" (posted on 8/1). No group that I know would just say "see
>>ya" and leave an injured rider to walk home.
>>
>>Something doesn't add up.
>>

> Sorry, I copied and pasted it from another forum that I am on and
> forgot to edit that bit, but I all happened on Sunday. Its not that
> easy to work comupters with one hand.

I bet millions do it every day!

wrote:

>No group that I know would just say "see
>ya" and leave an injured rider to walk home.
>
>Something doesn't add up.

Well this group did, I wish it was a joke but its not. 4 miles to get
home with a broken wrist :(

MikeJ wrote:
> On Tue, 01 Aug 2006 23:19:34 GMT, "Bill Sornson" <[email protected]>
> wrote:
>

>>No group that I know would just say "see
>>ya" and leave an injured rider to walk home.
>>
>>Something doesn't add up.
>>

> Well this group did, I wish it was a joke but its not. 4 miles to get
> home with a broken wrist :(

Unless you told them to go (and seemed ok) that's pretty lame.

Matt

MattB wrote:
> MikeJ wrote:

>> Its not that
>> easy to work comupters with one hand.

> I bet millions do it every day!

Someone hack Matt's bookmarks. <eg>

"MattB" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> MikeJ wrote:
>> On Tue, 01 Aug 2006 23:19:34 GMT, "Bill Sornson" <[email protected]>
>> wrote:
>>
>>>Something doesn't add up. Subject says ride on Sunday; then he talks
>>>about the ride "today" (posted on 8/1). No group that I know would just
>>>say "see ya" and leave an injured rider to walk home.
>>>
>>>Something doesn't add up.

>> Sorry, I copied and pasted it from another forum that I am on and
>> forgot to edit that bit, but I all happened on Sunday. Its not that
>> easy to work comupters with one hand.

> I bet millions do it every day!

a little inside information???

maybe TMI......

Gary

GeeDubb wrote:

> "MattB" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>
>> MikeJ wrote:

>>> Sorry, I copied and pasted it from another forum that I am on and
>>> forgot to edit that bit, but I all happened on Sunday. Its not that
>>> easy to work comupters with one hand.

>> I bet millions do it every day!

> a little inside information???
>
> maybe TMI......

Probably!

I won't reveal my sources!

Matt

"MattB" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

>> Sorry, I copied and pasted it from another forum that I am on and
>> forgot to edit that bit, but I all happened on Sunday. Its not that
>> easy to work comupters with one hand.

> I bet millions do it every day!

How about that, I am one in a million!

The one handed chicken peck....
Drew

"MattB" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> MikeJ wrote:
>> On Tue, 01 Aug 2006 23:19:34 GMT, "Bill Sornson" <[email protected]>
>> wrote:
>>

>>>No group that I know would just say "see ya" and leave an injured rider
>>>to walk home.
>>>
>>>Something doesn't add up.

>> Well this group did, I wish it was a joke but its not. 4 miles to get
>> home with a broken wrist :(

> Unless you told them to go (and seemed ok) that's pretty lame.
>
> Matt

I agree, I would always accompany the person out. Unless, of course as said
they "insisted" all was OK.

DDrew

On Tue, 01 Aug 2006 18:50:05 +0000, MikeJ wrote:

> On the ride today, when I had hurt myself and couldn't cycle, they said do
> you want to bail out and left me (I had to walk all the way home)

Wankers. Get better & get some new riding buddies.

gab

On Thu, 03 Aug 2006 17:56:57 -0700, gabrielle <[email protected]>
wrote:

>Wankers. Get better & get some new riding buddies.
>
>gab

Sure will (wouldn't go out with them if they were the last on earth),
I will post my e-mail to them, and their reply (if any) here.

Mike