RR:Singing in spring

Simon

Guest
So here I was sitting home feeling alot better and needing to ride. Unfortunately I have a 4 year
old (Chloe) that says I need to stay in and look after her. We can combine the 2 thinks me and some
10 minutes later I have fitted her childs seat to my 24 bikes pornking. This in itself looks damn
strange: 24" wheels 3"irc kujos pornking frame all in black with a kiddies seat attached.

Fifteen minutes later we have water,snacks and tools packed. Helmets on and raring to go.

I head out straight for the canal towpaths figuring a smooth terrain is advisable with child seat on
back. Newly acquired GPS is mounted on handlebars and we hit the towpaths 15 minutes later doing 17
mph. Chloe is loving it asking to go faster whilst still pointing out all the birds and animals she
sees. The track then veers off through some low lying woods which we drop into.........I never meant
to leave the ground but speed+small bump just before downward slope = air. .........I totally shat
myself. My bike jumps and handles well within the air but with a child on the back its very
unbalanced. However we landed safe.

I pulled over by the next bench and sat down, heart still beating. I looked at Chloe expecting her
to be a little scared. Instead she was grinning and asking to go again. ........kids!

We sat and had a bite to eat, her more than me, then set off again. We were soon up to speed and
loving it. Each corner that was slightly wet was interesting as the majority of weight was over the
rear wheel and it was damn easy to start sliding. The gps stated we had travelled 12 miles and I
figured that was far enough for today and subsequently turned around to head home.

The homeward journey involved Chloe singing such hits like twinkle twinkle little star and Michael
Finnegan whilst travelling along at roughly 18-20mph whilst sliding round corners and trying to get
a little air to make her giggle more.

I know its not a technical ride, nor a long ride..............but boy was it fun.

Simon............still smiling now..and she's asleep next to me.

PS she was wearing helmet, gloves, eye protection and warm clothing.....just in case any
one wondered.
***-=[ http://www.tau-designs.co.uk ]=-***
The information in this e-mail is confidential and may be legally privileged. It is intended solely
for the addressee. Access to this email by anyone else is unauthorised. If you are not the intended
recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution or any action taken or omitted to be taken in
reliance on it, is prohibited and may be unlawful.

The views expressed here are my own & do not represent or reflect the views or policies of
Tau-Designs.co.uk

Little do you know what you've started. Now, she'll be wanting to go biking all the time! "Let's
catch some air!" she'll say.

--
Bob ctviggen at rcn dot com

"Simon" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> [...]
it
> fun.
>
> Simon............still smiling now..and she's asleep next to me.
>
> PS she was wearing helmet, gloves, eye protection and warm
clothing.....just
> in case any one wondered.
> ***-=[ http://www.tau-designs.co.uk ]=-***
> The information in this e-mail is confidential and may be legally privileged. It is intended
> solely for the addressee. Access to this email by anyone
else
> is unauthorised. If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying,
distribution
> or any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on it, is
prohibited
> and may be unlawful.
>
> The views expressed here are my own & do not represent or reflect the

http://members.rogers.com/theblackfoxx/ "Simon" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> [...]
it
> fun.
>
> Simon............still smiling now..and she's asleep next to me.
>
> PS she was wearing helmet, gloves, eye protection and warm
clothing.....just
> in case any one wondered.
> ***-=[ http://www.tau-designs.co.uk ]=-***
> The information in this e-mail is confidential and may be legally privileged. It is intended
> solely for the addressee. Access to this email by anyone
else
> is unauthorised. If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying,
distribution
> or any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on it, is
prohibited
> and may be unlawful.
>
> The views expressed here are my own & do not represent or reflect the

Sounds like my kid, fearless

Simon wrote:

> PS she was wearing helmet, gloves, eye protection and warm clothing.....just in case any one
> wondered.

I just assumed you had tied her to a rope and was dragging her along...

;-)

Penny

> [...]
it
> fun.
>
> Simon............still smiling now..and she's asleep next to me.
>
> PS she was wearing helmet, gloves, eye protection and warm
clothing.....just
> in case any one wondered.
> ***-=[ http://www.tau-designs.co.uk ]=-***
> The information in this e-mail is confidential and may be legally privileged. It is intended
> solely for the addressee. Access to this email by anyone
else
> is unauthorised. If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying,
distribution
> or any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on it, is
prohibited
> and may be unlawful.
>
> The views expressed here are my own & do not represent or reflect the

Good for you. I just go back from watching my son do a bunch of laps at the local BMX track. We rode
a bit together at Moab last week. Now that he is 9, and I have spent several years with him in
various forms of tow, he is beginning to show interest, stamina and ability. It has all paid off.
--
Craig Brossman, Durango Colorado

Penny S. wrote:
> Simon wrote:
>

>>PS she was wearing helmet, gloves, eye protection and warm clothing.....just in case any one
>> wondered.
>

> I just assumed you had tied her to a rope and was dragging her along...

I figured she was running along behind the bike, with no water.

Kathleen "Ah, don't worry about it, she's fine."

Simon wrote:
> So here I was sitting home feeling alot better and needing to ride. Unfortunately I have a 4 year
> old (Chloe) that says I need to stay in and look after her. We can combine the 2 thinks me and
> some 10 minutes later I have fitted her childs seat to my 24 bikes pornking. This in itself looks
> damn strange: 24" wheels 3"irc kujos pornking frame all in black with a kiddies seat attached.
>
> Fifteen minutes later we have water,snacks and tools packed. Helmets on and raring to go.
>
> I head out straight for the canal towpaths figuring a smooth terrain is advisable with child seat
> on back. Newly acquired GPS is mounted on handlebars and we hit the towpaths 15 minutes later
> doing 17 mph. Chloe is loving it asking to go faster whilst still pointing out all the birds and
> animals she sees. The track then veers off through some low lying woods which we drop
> into.........I never meant to leave the ground but speed+small bump just before downward slope =
> air. .........I totally shat myself. My bike jumps and handles well within the air but with a
> child on the back its very unbalanced. However we landed safe.
>
> I pulled over by the next bench and sat down, heart still beating. I looked at Chloe expecting her
> to be a little scared. Instead she was grinning and asking to go again. ........kids!
>
> We sat and had a bite to eat, her more than me, then set off again. We were soon up to speed and
> loving it. Each corner that was slightly wet was interesting as the majority of weight was over
> the rear wheel and it was damn easy to start sliding. The gps stated we had travelled 12 miles and
> I figured that was far enough for today and subsequently turned around to head home.
>
> The homeward journey involved Chloe singing such hits like twinkle twinkle little star and Michael
> Finnegan whilst travelling along at roughly 18-20mph whilst sliding round corners and trying to
> get a little air to make her giggle more.
>
> I know its not a technical ride, nor a long ride..............but boy was it fun.
>
> Simon............still smiling now..and she's asleep next to me.
>
> PS she was wearing helmet, gloves, eye protection and warm clothing.....just in case any one
> wondered.

I never did like our kiddie seat, even when the kids were small. Too easy for them to
unbalance me by swaying side to side, and it also put my butt within reach of those little
feet. Kickety, kickety kick. The Burley trailer (for road or bike path rides), or the
trail-a-bike worked out much better. A trailer's nice for long rides, because they can have
their snacks and toys, etc., and it's comfortable for them to nap, too, if they get tired.
The trail-a-bike was good, too, because it helped build their stamina - they could pedal as
long and as fast as they wanted, and rest when they needed to without having to stop and
wait. Although I must admit it really annoyed me to be honking up a hill with a child in tow
and hear the whizzing of the pedals spinning backward.

Kathleen

"..::TBF::.." <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

<SNIP>|
| Sounds like my kid, fearless

She watches extreme sports channel all the time prefering bmxing to the tweenies. She has said she
wants to ride bmx and mountain bikes when older and to learn how to jump etc and she will.

Simon......makes me feel all warm n fuzzy inside

"Kathleen" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> [...]
clothing.....just
| > in case any one wondered.
|
| I never did like our kiddie seat, even when the kids were small. Too easy for them to unbalance me
| by swaying side to side, and it also put my butt within reach of those little feet. Kickety,
| kickety kick. The Burley trailer (for road or bike path rides), or the trail-a-bike worked out
| much better. A trailer's nice for long rides, because they can have their snacks and toys, etc.,
| and it's comfortable for them to nap, too, if they get tired. The trail-a-bike was good, too,
| because it helped build their stamina - they could pedal as long and as fast as they wanted, and
| rest when they needed to without having to stop and wait. Although I must admit it really annoyed
| me to be honking up a hill with a child in tow and hear the whizzing of the pedals spinning

I have been looking at the trail-a-bikes lately as she is 4 now and wants to be doing more. If you
have any recomendations feel free to shout them out.

Simon

> [...]
clothing.....just
> > in case any one wondered.
>
> I never did like our kiddie seat, even when the kids were small. Too easy for them to unbalance me
> by swaying side to side, and it also put my butt within reach of those little feet. Kickety,
> kickety kick. The Burley trailer (for road or bike path rides), or the trail-a-bike worked out
> much better. A trailer's nice for long rides, because they can have their snacks and toys, etc.,
> and it's comfortable for them to nap, too, if they get tired. The trail-a-bike was good, too,
> because it helped build their stamina - they could pedal as long and as fast as they wanted, and
> rest when they needed to without having to stop and wait. Although I must admit it really annoyed
> me to be honking up a hill with a child in tow and hear the whizzing of the pedals spinning

I also ride with the trail-a-bike and love every minute of it. My son (3 years old) has a great
time and is finally starting to pedal to help me out. One thing about the trail-a-bike is the
balance; it is actually very easy to stay upright in comparison to a child seat. The bike even has
a bash bar under the bb so that we are able to clear logs.

I took my soon around Landahl for our MTB Summit this year and the look of amazement on people's
faces as we cleaned sections was priceless.

A 119.00 well spent.

Lance

> [...]
it
> fun.
>
> Simon............still smiling now..and she's asleep next to me.
>
> PS she was wearing helmet, gloves, eye protection and warm
clothing.....just
> in case any one wondered.
> ***-=[ http://www.tau-designs.co.uk ]=-***
> The information in this e-mail is confidential and may be legally privileged. It is intended
> solely for the addressee. Access to this email by anyone
else
> is unauthorised. If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying,
distribution
> or any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on it, is
prohibited
> and may be unlawful.
>
> The views expressed here are my own & do not represent or reflect the

Sounds like it was too easy - just kids-stuff, you could say! <grin> Good to hear you two are
enjoying the spring riding.
--
Westie