RR: Sundown Ride

Ride-A-Lot

Guest
I received an email from one of the guys I road with last year at Two
Elk. They have group Tuesday rides and I had been itching to make it to
one of them. So I came in early to work which gave me an early exit and
high tailed it to Boulder to meet him.

Bike on his truck and we head for Hall Ranch which he promises to be a
ride I'll like. Like all Colorado trails, we head on up for a lollipop
type loop. We were a little late to meet the rest of the riders so we
started from a different trailhead with the hope of meeting them along
the way. Perfect timing as we meet them at the circle of the lollipop.

A continued climb and then it's all downhill. This starts off nice and
smooth except for the rollers (CO's version of a waterbar) which seem to
propel my backside in the air. I don't know what it was, but I just
couldn't get in the groove with these things.

Eventually we come around the backside of the mountain and holy ****.
What happened to the smooth trail? Just tons of rocks and drops which
were more than I had attempted before. This time being behind a better
rider (I was actually able to keep up on the smooth stuff) allowed me to
watch the moves and the lines and the ultimate key... speed. I cleared
everything except for one drop off of a switchback, but I was stoked.

What a magnificent ride with sun setting on the mountains and then all
you can eat, very garlicy spaghetti dinner in town.

I got some good video of the ride to be posted in a couple of days.

http://www.schnauzers.ws/images/halltopo.jpg

http://www.schnauzers.ws/images/hallpro.jpg

http://www.schnauzers.ws/images/hallsat.jpg

--
o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-o
www.schnauzers.ws

"Ride-A-Lot" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
>I received an email from one of the guys I road with last year at Two Elk.
>They have group Tuesday rides and I had been itching to make it to one of
>them. So I came in early to work which gave me an early exit and high
>tailed it to Boulder to meet him.
>
> Bike on his truck and we head for Hall Ranch which he promises to be a
> ride I'll like. Like all Colorado trails, we head on up for a lollipop
> type loop. We were a little late to meet the rest of the riders so we
> started from a different trailhead with the hope of meeting them along the
> way. Perfect timing as we meet them at the circle of the lollipop.
>
> A continued climb and then it's all downhill. This starts off nice and
> smooth except for the rollers (CO's version of a waterbar) which seem to
> propel my backside in the air. I don't know what it was, but I just
> couldn't get in the groove with these things.
>
> Eventually we come around the backside of the mountain and holy ****. What
> happened to the smooth trail? Just tons of rocks and drops which were
> more than I had attempted before. This time being behind a better rider
> (I was actually able to keep up on the smooth stuff) allowed me to watch
> the moves and the lines and the ultimate key... speed.

<snip>

Exactly, SPEED :) Amazing what you can do at speed if you can get your
front wheel over it, the back just follows through!

Actually I'll add to that, Speed and being loose caboose over the bike is
the key imo :)

Cheers Dre