run more then I bike?

Discussion in 'General Fitness' started by Tom Wheeler, Feb 25, 2004.

  1. Tom Wheeler

    Tom Wheeler Guest

    Hello all in January estimate of said miles 40 miles, 18 miles 40 miles and 50 miles. total for
    month. estimate.150 miles about. wasn't keeping track understand this ona mt bike. in outside real
    time.. point is some of you ran more. Some how this jerks my bubble. so in feb I would say I done
    more like 60 miles, 75 miles and last week was 78 miles. with 9 of it with out the bike. I want to
    say also that most all is no brakes and in 15 gears of my bike. I keep in high on both because wear
    and tear well break back wheel. with snow ice mud and dirt roads in michigan were pot holes are a
    day to day thing. This is not right for me because some of you still did as much or more then me.
    again don't like this. So point 2 is. I have decided to post in your week train thing. and to put it
    straight. I am going to KYA. kick your ass in miles in a week for rest of year. Now too you a bike
    agen a run might to say be some what uni evan. well" I don;t care. You can't hurt me no more. I am
    going to kill in miles your friends so you just can here them scream. Now I know cold water is not
    some of your drawn bath water from your wife or mommy. well you well get my respect then. Till then
    "A DO" Lowtuc
    p.s. birch inners stick to tree so paint your own barn with it. with a pot of black walnut. I can
    get 2 or 3 gallons of water black wall nut stain. I am not sure on hornstag sumacc butt the
    mash from my tea probe could get a red barn color. cat tails do pull out. butt with three
    feet of snow thee harts too tell what was in the ground too eat. and finely: is everyone
    listening? The big 8,000 bale barn fell down. the 2nd chafe of roof fell in. and the one
    down the street has another hole in the roof and evan started a crack. point is Again I left
    my calling paper with phone and add on it and heard zero. So I well not be responsible for
    these falls of 2 very old barns fall because all my x boss and boss said has to paint these
    for free and pay for paint before I work. over 16 month now with no job or UC help. I am not
    nuts. just walnut stain. give cure time for nature products. indian food. or stain my widow
    wood work later. credit is bad.:>) Not that a nature paint of water would not be cool/. I
    just want them to scream too. Bad luck to you Rec running. A day is about to start.
    p.p.s.s. if you fry potatoes until they bubble. remove pancake fry both sides, then powder, maybe
    cat tail or other or not. re fry again. this makes a crisp potato fry. so you don't has to pay
    76 bucks for pro sac to get your health and sugar right. or Potato not Pro zak. Lowtuc Zow I
    well make your friends scream.

    painting done. 248 627-8769 Ortonville Michigan 48462 Tom Wheeler owner and only worker. 48 year old
    painter. You buy materials.you not responible for injuries,or you well not get sued by me/injuries.
    or others. been painter numerus years. I am a Great painter..
    http://community.webtv.net/Paintertwheeler/Paintertwheeler

    Tags:

  2. Gone Tag .

    Gone Tag . Guest

    On Wed, 25 Feb 2004 08:42:37 -0500 (EST), [email protected]
    (Tom Wheeler) wrote:

    >Hello all

    Excellent thoughts, Tom, my old son, to which I'll add my own twopenn'orth.

    I'm having trouble deciding on a replacement bike for my old faithful chro-mo. Should I go titanium,
    scandium or Reynolds 853? It's all overkill, I know, 'cause I'm not particularly proficient at
    cycling. But I'd welcome your thoughts nevertheless

    You mustn't allow yourself to fall into the mileage trap. Yunno, that's the bear pit where you count
    miles and forget all about quality. My best running came off 35 miles per week, but that was in the
    days when miles = pain and concentration, rather than my current regime where miles = slight
    discomfort and daydreaming.

    If I'm reading you correctly you appear to be the kiss of death to barns. Remind me never to have
    you paint anything of mine.

    I'm just about to make Cornish Pasties for the family meal this evening, so as you were kind enough
    to pass on your crisp recipe, I'll hand on mine too:

    Fry one grated onion in virgin olive oil until browned. Add 500g of Quorn mince. Brown. Add 250g of
    tinned chopped tomato and 250g olives (black) and heat until all moisture is reduced by half. Add
    1kg mixed veggies (peas, diced carrot, baby sweetcorn, courgette, green beans) and mix thoroughly.
    Roll out shortcrust pastry (prepared earlier) and cut out ovals around 8 cms by 12 cms. Plonk big
    spoonful of mince/veggie mix into centre, lift edges of pastry and pinch together until you have a
    sealed pouch. Chuck into medium oven for 35 - 40 mins until pastry is golden brown. Serve with fresh
    orange juice or - if you must - a light sparkling white wine.

  3. In article <[email protected]>, Gone Tag wrote:
    > On Wed, 25 Feb 2004 08:42:37 -0500 (EST), [email protected]

    > If I'm reading you correctly you appear to be the kiss of death to barns. Remind me never to have
    > you paint anything of mine.

    His writing is so fascinating that it's awfully tempting to ask him to help me write a grant
    application or a paper, just to see how the reviewers respond ...

    Cheers,

  4. Gone Tag .

    Gone Tag . Guest

    On Wed, 25 Feb 2004 16:00:28 +0000 (UTC), Donovan Rebbechi
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >His writing is so fascinating that it's awfully tempting to ask him to help me write a grant
    >application or a paper, just to see how the reviewers respond ...

    I suspect you'd get the credit for discovering a new and radical literary genre.

  5. TopCounsel

    TopCounsel Guest

    >I'm having trouble deciding on a replacement bike for my old faithful chro-mo. Should I go
    >titanium, scandium or Reynolds 853?

    Why replace it? To save a pound or two? Want a few more modern braze-ons or updated fitting options?
    You probably have strong legs, and you should be cautious of purchasing a "whippy" over-flexible
    frame. Same goes for the crankset you select. Cro-moly frames are nothing if not rigid. Are the
    ounces to be saved really so precious, or is it other features you are after?

  6. In article <[email protected]>, Gone Tag wrote:
    > On Wed, 25 Feb 2004 16:00:28 +0000 (UTC), Donovan Rebbechi <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    >>His writing is so fascinating that it's awfully tempting to ask him to help me write a grant
    >>application or a paper, just to see how the reviewers respond ...
    >
    > I suspect you'd get the credit for discovering a new and radical literary genre.

    I work for a psychology department

  7. Gone Tag .

    Gone Tag . Guest

    On 25 Feb 2004 17:28:31 GMT, [email protected] (TopCounsel) wrote:

    >Why replace it? To save a pound or two? Want a few more modern braze-ons or updated
    >fitting options?

    No. The poor wee thing is battered to a pulp. Fortunately, the groupset has worn out the same time
    as the frame. Good old Campag.

    > Are the ounces to be saved really so precious, or is it other features you are after?

    I want to look exceptionally glamorous as I cycle through my local village streets. I want people to
    look at me and feel envy burn in their very souls. I want to feel young again. I'm sure a new bike
    will achieve all this and more...

  8. Gone Tag .

    Gone Tag . Guest

    On Wed, 25 Feb 2004 18:35:24 +0000 (UTC), Donovan Rebbechi
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >In article <[email protected]>, Gone Tag wrote:
    >> On Wed, 25 Feb 2004 16:00:28 +0000 (UTC), Donovan Rebbechi <[email protected]> wrote:
    >>
    >>>His writing is so fascinating that it's awfully tempting to ask him to help me write a grant
    >>>application or a paper, just to see how the reviewers respond ...
    >>
    >> I suspect you'd get the credit for discovering a new and radical literary genre.
    >
    >I work for a psychology department

    So? Most decent writers are clinically insane

  9. Aiseopos

    Aiseopos Guest

    On 25 Feb 2004 19:49:37 GMT, [email protected] (TopCounsel) wrote:

    >I can't even hardly find Campy Super Record brake parts anymore here in the US; I've started
    >substituting with DiaCompe stuff.
    >
    >I may have to consider a new bike myself pretty soon, albeit for entirely different reasons than
    >your own.

    SUPER RECORD??? Good grief, how old are you?

    I had a Nuevo Record groupset as a child. It's probably still working on some planet somewhere...

  10. Aiseopos

    Aiseopos Guest

    On 25 Feb 2004 20:02:37 GMT, [email protected] (TopCounsel) wrote:

    >I built my own bike, and upgrade it as needed. The only Campy stuff is the SR brakes, pedals, hubs,
    >and seatpost. Most of the rest is top-of -the line Shimano stuff -- really good equipment I highly
    >recommend. One major reason I want to update the bike, though, is to get these new pedals and shoes
    >with the "bindings." I want to get rid of my toeclips and straps.

    Well if you're *really* struggling for replacement parts I have a tame bike shop that may be able to
    source some old Campag stock for you. If you need anything let me know and I'll ask. Bike kit is
    fairly cheap over here.

    I'm surprised you like Shimano, though I've not used their Dura-Ace stuff so can't really offer
    informed comment on their Campag-bashing range.

    I've used 'Looks' or their equivalents since the early 90's without major difficulties, though if
    you give the cleats a thrashing they don't engage too well. Think I'll get the SPDs the next time
    round to circumvent this little problem.

  11. On Wed, 25 Feb 2004 19:28:50 +0000, Gone Tag. <[email protected]> wrote:

    >On 25 Feb 2004 17:28:31 GMT, [email protected] (TopCounsel) wrote:
    >
    >>Why replace it? To save a pound or two? Want a few more modern braze-ons or updated fitting
    >>options?
    >
    >No. The poor wee thing is battered to a pulp. Fortunately, the groupset has worn out the same time
    >as the frame. Good old Campag.
    >
    >> Are the ounces to be saved really so precious, or is it other features you are after?
    >
    >I want to look exceptionally glamorous as I cycle through my local village streets. I want people
    >to look at me and feel envy burn in their very souls. I want to feel young again. I'm sure a new
    >bike will achieve all this and more...

    You've been watching that Pee Wee Herman movie again, haven't you....

  12. Aiseopos

    Aiseopos Guest

    On Wed, 25 Feb 2004 21:10:18 GMT, [email protected] World.net wrote:

    >You've been watching that Pee Wee Herman movie again, haven't you....

    He's my hero...

  13. In article <[email protected]>, Gone Tag wrote:
    > On Wed, 25 Feb 2004 18:35:24 +0000 (UTC), Donovan Rebbechi <[email protected]> wrote:

    >>> I suspect you'd get the credit for discovering a new and radical literary genre.
    >>
    >>I work for a psychology department
    >
    > So? Most decent writers are clinically insane

    I was actually thinking that it broadens the possibilities.

    For example, the reviewers could think I've implemented an innovative new stimulus paradigm for
    cognitive neuroscience experiments. Perhaps it could lead to a fruitful coupling between psychology
    and literature (much like the surrealist art movement was interesting to psychoanalysts)

    Cheers,

  14. Aiseopos

    Aiseopos Guest

    On Wed, 25 Feb 2004 23:41:11 +0000 (UTC), Donovan Rebbechi
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >For example, the reviewers could think I've implemented an innovative new stimulus paradigm for
    >cognitive neuroscience experiments.

    Donovan, have you considered that you may be more than half-way there already? Some of your recent
    musings have left me quite perplexed.

  15. Tim Downie

    Tim Downie Guest

    Gone Tag. wrote:
    > On 25 Feb 2004 17:28:31 GMT, [email protected] (TopCounsel) wrote:
    >
    >> Why replace it? To save a pound or two? Want a few more modern braze-ons or updated fitting
    >> options?
    >
    > No. The poor wee thing is battered to a pulp. Fortunately, the groupset has worn out the same time
    > as the frame. Good old Campag.
    >
    >> Are the ounces to be saved really so precious, or is it other features you are after?
    >
    > I want to look exceptionally glamorous as I cycle through my local village streets. I want people
    > to look at me and feel envy burn in their very souls. I want to feel young again. I'm sure a new
    > bike will achieve all this and more...

    ...and who says there's no such thing as the male menopause? ;-)

    (Tim, who's seriously thinking of popping along to Aldi and buying their one piece lycra tri-
    suit at £9.99)

    http://www.aldi-stores.co.uk/specials_01_11/offers_nav.htm

    Tim

    --
    Remove the obvious to reply by email. Please support rheumatoid arthritis research! Visit
    http://www.justgiving.com/pfp/speyside or http://www.justgiving.com/speyside if you're a UK

  16. Tom Wheeler

    Tom Wheeler Guest

    Re: run more then I bike?

    Group: rec.running Date: Wed, Feb 25, 2004, 3:13pm (EST+5) From: [email protected]
    (Gone=A0Tag.) On Wed, 25 Feb 2004 08:42:37 -0500 (EST), [email protected] (Tom Wheeler)
    wrote: Hello all Excellent thoughts, Tom, my old son, to which I'll add my own twopenn'orth. I'm
    having trouble deciding on a replacement bike for my old faithful chro-mo. =A0 Should I go titanium,
    scandium or Reynolds 853? =A0 It's all overkill, I know, 'cause I'm not particularly proficient at
    cycling. But I'd welcome your thoughts nevertheless

    My bikes are a K marts Huffy and a XRC12 or something, a alum, shocks and more a chrome solid
    fork. This one now has so much dirt,mud.ice.snow weeds. over dry oil. That a bike mag mag would
    use it for and outdoor pic. and be proud. So using huffy now. xr12 brakes and cables are stuck in
    layers union layers of cement mud. My combat boots are worn and screws holds the front seals
    together with fast dry glue too. I have not master the art of biking the stop behind the seat
    because I ride as high up as possible. The boots do stop the bike and I do run to stop too. snow
    and ice make the hills bearable with a leg drag using peddle to brace foot and leg. toe up true.
    both left and right. Too us the tire and boot is to say a way to cut your boot soul in half. A
    mind set is looking at the mag of these air ridding bikes is too say I can under stand the need of
    high speed turns and no brakes and land or therefore air rides. Ballet moves help to cure pushing
    off walls or trucks or telly phone poles. ands signs too. the knife in toe. well I not go there.
    or heel. Not there.

    You mustn't allow yourself to fall into the mileage trap. =A0 Yunno, that's the bear pit where you
    count miles and forget all about quality. =A0 My best running came off 35 miles per week, but that
    was in the days when miles =3D pain and concentration, rather than my current regime where=

    miles =3D

    w =3D Saw a train there in your land on t.v. other day. turn the channel. Your wall and ladders make
    since and Mr Bean movie are great. Always like the Brits t.v. sit coms here. Your sense of humor. is
    too say. excellent: So do many other fellow here I came across.

    as far as your barn. in my working days too say I piss on bigger barns then them. or should I say
    painted them. Wolverines are back in the state because the slow down in destruction of land. Whats
    up with that?. just look for all the red on show in a hole and you might know that a wolverine will
    follow you butt just surprise them and they run. and put human waist on a bury place of there of
    killed food. and they well find another. So because I footwork is the reason nature comes back. So
    maybe I am a good old boy. w. the pic you see of a huron county (to of thumb) not far from me is too
    say. The reality ridding here snow mobiles in place while my so called boss is taken care of his
    farm and animals and wanting me t do the labor. and drive other labor too work for free too. I said
    no again. so if you oat want me to work Fine. no differ in when I do work because only money that
    come my way well make me put back into work so I can work too be wish o money before the week start
    up again. I like nature. I don't like your barn. Whats up withthat. Why is the country free. Cops
    say I can ride for free. work says I has to pay to work with too many reason why don't get pay to
    work. The , money I get back do Not pay to work. I am free and I like it I GOT TO PISS. T6OO MANY
    FRES, OAT MEAL AND COFFE THIS A.M. START i AM GOING O MILE OUT AND GET MY HAMBURGER FOR MY SPAGET
    FOR TODAY FOOD. gOT TO GO nOW. god speed tim and Rec running.. buzz just fines way to talk bad of
    me. I could be a worker for 30 years and they well make me out like a retard cripple loser every
    time. Didn't you know the house was built by the little pee wee rich man. who ask to do a mile calls
    for his servant to get he limo so he could go to the store for his day food. right he was the one
    who chalk nd pinted that peak at 60 feet and a 125 feet angle. NOT..... keep your 8 dollor.