General fitness, health and nutrition · Public discussion

running apparel for tall folks?

Started by sitswithchickens · · Last activity · 10 posts · 552 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
General fitness, health and nutrition
Published
1 January 2005
Last activity
9 January 2005
Original author
sitswithchickens
Posts
10
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
552
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–10 of 10
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. I'm having trouble tracking down tights and long-sleeved shirts for
    tall runners. Has anyone else had any luck?

    George in Flagstaff

  2. sitswithchickens said:

    I'm having trouble tracking down tights and long-sleeved shirts for
    tall runners. Has anyone else had any luck?

    How tall are you ? I'm 6ft, and the size 'L' in Sugoi is a little too long
    for me. Might be a good brand to try because it runs a little long and
    narrow.

    Cheers,
    --
    Donovan Rebbechi
    http://pegasus.rutgers.edu/~elflord/

  3. "sitswithchickens" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    I'm having trouble tracking down tights and long-sleeved shirts for
    tall runners. Has anyone else had any luck?

    Hind and Sporthill both make men's tights in "Long".

    Jim Johnson

  4. Donovan Rebbechi said:
    sitswithchickens said:

    I'm having trouble tracking down tights and long-sleeved shirts for
    tall runners. Has anyone else had any luck?

    How tall are you ? I'm 6ft, and the size 'L' in Sugoi is a little too long
    for me. Might be a good brand to try because it runs a little long and
    narrow.

    Cheers,
    --
    Donovan Rebbechi

    I'm 6'4" and have Nike speadsuits, dri-fit tops (long sleeve) and tights. All
    fit me just fine.

    But those trainers (oh, no, not that again).....

    Lyndon
    "Speed Kills...It kills those that don't have it!" --US Olympic Track Coach
    Brooks Johnson

  5. Lyndon said:

    I'm 6'4" and have Nike speadsuits, dri-fit tops (long sleeve) and tights.
    All fit me just fine.

    But those trainers (oh, no, not that again).....

    Do you have trouble finding spikes that fit ? I'm 4 inches shorter than you
    and I need about a size 11 in track spikes (compared to a 10 in normal fitting
    trainers) Do they make bigger than size 13 ?

    Cheers,
    --
    Donovan Rebbechi
    http://pegasus.rutgers.edu/~elflord/

  6. www.prancingqueen.com

  7. "Donovan Rebbechi" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:
    Lyndon said:

    I'm 6'4" and have Nike speadsuits, dri-fit tops (long sleeve) and tights.
    All fit me just fine.

    But those trainers (oh, no, not that again).....

    Do you have trouble finding spikes that fit ? I'm 4 inches shorter than
    you
    and I need about a size 11 in track spikes (compared to a 10 in normal
    fitting
    trainers) Do they make bigger than size 13 ?

    Most major brands will go up to size 15 in spikes.

    Jim Johnson

  8. Donovan Rebbechi said:

    Do you have trouble finding spikes that fit ? I'm 4 inches shorter than you
    and I need about a size 11 in track spikes (compared to a 10 in normal
    fitting
    trainers) Do they make bigger than size 13 ?


    I don't have a problem with Nike spikes, of which I have Zoom JSC, Jasari,
    Kennedy, and Superfly. My feet might be a bit small for my height, and my
    training shoes (Adidas) and spikes are both size 12. I wear my spikes barefoot
    and my training shoes with socks.

    This is not necessarily an advantage, because when Eastbay has a sale on
    spikes, size 12 is usually one of the first to sell out (and 13 is too big for
    me).

    BTW, Eastbay has the new Nike Monsterfly up to size 15. Can't imagine a
    sprinter THAT big...

    Lyndon
    "Speed Kills...It kills those that don't have it!" --US Olympic Track Coach
    Brooks Johnson

  9. Yes, try the local costume shop, they have several Spiderman costumes
    available.

  10. Ted. the "Spiderman costume" material is mine. You owe me a dollar.
    Leave the joke stealing to Denis Leary.

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.