Saddle Dye May Ruin Bib Shorts

May 14, 2007
Finished a century ride today. When I got home my wife asked what I got on my bib shorts. I looked down to find the white inner thigh area to be black. Looked as if the black fabric bled into the white panels.

We realized that my Fizik Aliante saddle must have dye in it which combined with the perspiriation to stain the bib.

Ran them through the washer with Clorox II (Safe for colors) and about 90% of the black dye came out.

Just a note of caution, during the summer be careful with white bib shorts and black saddles, even if the white areas are in the thighs and not the seat area, I was pretty upset, considering what thos Assos bib shorts cost!

The reason that happened is because the universal cyclists karma punished you for wearing white bibs.

If you wear white bibs, you are euro enough to be riding a white saddle as well.

bobbyOCR said:
The reason that happened is because the universal cyclists karma punished you for wearing white bibs.

If you wear white bibs, you are euro enough to be riding a white saddle as well.

Cute, very cute!
It takes a real man to wear white.

9202 said:
Cute, very cute!
It takes a real man to wear white.
ha, thats true.

It was not meant to be inerpreted seriously.

a friend had the same problem when his red saddle's dye somehow got through the bibs. He said it gave him a bit of a shock.

what was ever wrong with black shorts? easier to find for me :)

of course i wear nylon shorts over them, you dont wanna see me in compression shorts, and the nylon shorts over top dont add any fuss or anything bothersome :)

bobbyOCR said:
ha, thats true.

It was not meant to be inerpreted seriously.

a friend had the same problem when his red saddle's dye somehow got through the bibs. He said it gave him a bit of a shock.

I realized that.....
That is hillarious, he must have died when he saw the red!

Anyway, after the wash, they dosn't look bad. Just a bit of gray at the black/white panel border.

Thanks