General fitness, health and nutrition · Public discussion

Saturday's Bread & Pics

Started by ~patches~ · · Last activity · 25 posts · 2,271 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
General fitness, health and nutrition
Published
2 October 2005
Last activity
5 October 2005
Original author
~patches~
Posts
25
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
2,271
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 21–25 of 25
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. jmcquown said:
    jake said:
    jmcquown said:

    jake wrote:

    >~patches~ wrote:
    >
    >
    >
    >>I baked bread yesterday. Here are the pics.
    >>
    >>Apple Bread
    >>This is a very nice aromatic bread with chunks of apples
    >>throughout. It makes a nice breakfast bread when topped with a
    >>little cream cheese. A nice firm cooking apple is needed. I used
    >>L-star apples. The dough is made in my breadmaker on dough setting
    >>then transferred to a loaf pan for the final rising and baking.
    >>L-star apples - http://tinypic.com/e7i437.jpg
    >>Dough rising - http://tinypic.com/e7i4qt.jpg
    >>Finished bread - http://tinypic.com/e7i6vq.jpg
    >>
    >>
    >>French Bread
    >>This is a basic French bread with the dough made in my breadmaker
    >>then shaped into an elongated loaf on a cookie sheet and baked in
    >>the oven. The green sheet is a silicone baking sheet. These nice
    >>to use but they will stain as evident in the pic. Pandora if you
    >>look close you will see a bit of corn meal. I like setting French
    >>bread on corn meal for light dusting on the bottom.
    >>Dough rising - http://tinypic.com/e7i7ow.jpg
    >>Bread cooling - http://tinypic.com/e7i9m9.jpg
    >>Freshly sliced bread - http://tinypic.com/e7ia9s.jpg
    >
    >Unbaked it looks like a baby's bottom (or is that an inappropriate
    >thing to say in a mostly American ng?)

    LOL We are aware babies have bottoms!

    Jill

    I sued to work for a British publisher of children's book. We couldn't
    use any illustrations of children that were "too naked" or else the
    American market would find it offensive. That's why I asked 🙂

    Pretty funny considering we have (drawn) images of bears prancing around
    wiping their arses with toilet paper on television to advertise some brand
    of paper. I actually think we were not so prudish some 70 years back, what
    with post cards of naked cupids flying around shooting arrows for
    Valentine's Day. Now everything must be so politically correct, but it's
    okay for teen girls to run around half naked. It's a crazy world.

    Jill


    It is a contradictor world, definitely.

  2. jake said:
    ~patches~ said:
    jake said:

    >>> French Bread
    >>> This is a basic French bread with the dough made in my breadmaker
    >>> then shaped into an elongated loaf on a cookie sheet and baked in
    >>> the oven. The green sheet is a silicone baking sheet. These nice to
    >>> use but they will stain as evident in the pic. Pandora if you look
    >>> close you will see a bit of corn meal. I like setting French bread
    >>> on corn meal for light dusting on the bottom.
    >>> Dough rising - http://tinypic.com/e7i7ow.jpg
    >>> Bread cooling - http://tinypic.com/e7i9m9.jpg
    >>> Freshly sliced bread - http://tinypic.com/e7ia9s.jpg
    >>
    >>
    >>
    >>
    >> Unbaked it looks like a baby's bottom (or is that an inappropriate
    >> thing to say in a mostly American ng?)
    >
    >
    >

    Excuse me it does not look like a baby's bottom! Where the heck is
    the crack? Have you even seen the possibilities that occur on baby's
    bottoms? That loaf rising looks nothing like a baby's bottom! 🙂


    It does too! Not that I have ever studied babies' bottoms too well.
    Don't know any babies. But the dough looks so nice and soft and smooth.

    Oh I got it! Having had kids I didn't get quite the connection - diaper
    days and all that 😉 Yes the dough comes out really nice. The
    breadmaker set to dough setting does a great job 🙂

  3. "jake" <[email hidden]> ha scritto nel messaggio
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:
    ~patches~ said:
    jake said:

    >>> French Bread
    >>> This is a basic French bread with the dough made in my breadmaker
    >>> then shaped into an elongated loaf on a cookie sheet and baked in
    >>> the oven. The green sheet is a silicone baking sheet. These nice to
    >>> use but they will stain as evident in the pic. Pandora if you look
    >>> close you will see a bit of corn meal. I like setting French bread
    >>> on corn meal for light dusting on the bottom.
    >>> Dough rising - http://tinypic.com/e7i7ow.jpg
    >>> Bread cooling - http://tinypic.com/e7i9m9.jpg
    >>> Freshly sliced bread - http://tinypic.com/e7ia9s.jpg

    Very very beautiful! It came out well, a part the shape. french bread is
    generally called "Baguette", and it is long shaped like this
    http://www.stonehousebread.com/products/baguette.jpg
    BTw, It seams that your bread has the right consistence.

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    >>
    >>
    >>
    >> Unbaked it looks like a baby's bottom (or is that an inappropriate
    >> thing to say in a mostly American ng?)
    >
    >

    Excuse me it does not look like a baby's bottom! Where the heck is the
    crack? Have you even seen the possibilities that occur on baby's
    bottoms? That loaf rising looks nothing like a baby's bottom! 🙂


    It does too! Not that I have ever studied babies' bottoms too well. Don't
    know any babies. But the dough looks so nice and soft and smooth.

  4. Jake said:
    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    >>>French Bread
    >>>This is a basic French bread ...


    [cut]

    You have told that you have made this bread with the "bread machine".
    I have a bread machine too, but I have never tried to do french bread, I
    must try.
    Yesterday arrived to me a book I have bought on Web. The title is "365
    ricette per la macchina del pane" (translation= 365 recipes for the
    bread-machine".
    I have tried to do the corn bread. I like it very much. But I have noticed
    that in the recipes of corn bread, the percentage of corn flour is very few
    indeed".
    This beacause corn flour can't rise and you have to mix it with a strong
    flour.
    Now, the question is this: have you got a recipe of corn bread (with an high
    percentage of corn flour) to do with the bread machine?
    TIA
    Pandora

  5. Pandora said:
    Jake said:
    Quoted message said:

    >>>>French Bread
    >>>>This is a basic French bread ...

    [cut]

    You have told that you have made this bread with the "bread machine".
    I have a bread machine too, but I have never tried to do french bread, I
    must try.
    Yesterday arrived to me a book I have bought on Web. The title is "365
    ricette per la macchina del pane" (translation= 365 recipes for the
    bread-machine".
    I have tried to do the corn bread. I like it very much. But I have noticed
    that in the recipes of corn bread, the percentage of corn flour is very few
    indeed".
    This beacause corn flour can't rise and you have to mix it with a strong
    flour.
    Now, the question is this: have you got a recipe of corn bread (with an high
    percentage of corn flour) to do with the bread machine?
    TIA
    Pandora


    Pandora, my *breadmachine* corn bread recipe calls for 2 c white flour
    and 1/3 cornmeal for a regular size loaf. IMO this recipe will not give
    you the true texture of a good corn bread. I have another corn bread
    recipe that is a 1:1 ratio of corn meal to whole wheat flour but it is a
    quick bread - just mix as muffins and bake. What I would do is use the
    regular corn bread recipe and forego the breadmaker for this type of
    bread. I use my breadmaker for yeast breads and doughs.

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.