Saunier Duval's Joxean Fernández Matxin : "It won't be easy."

A strong team this year also. I hope that Ricco will show what he is worth in this Giro. Unfortunate that Simoni did not stay on to help Ricco, but that was going to be difficult to handle...

And I will not comment on Piepoli, a rider I always liked, following his... medical issues. :(

Powerful Pete said:
A strong team this year also. I hope that Ricco will show what he is worth in this Giro. Unfortunate that Simoni did not stay on to help Ricco, but that was going to be difficult to handle...

And I will not comment on Piepoli, a rider I always liked, following his... medical issues. :(
I think Riccò learnt a lot from Gibo last year, he will manage to stand on his own feet and has a strong domestique... the guy with the medical issues who happens to be one of my favourite riders.

(Maybe I should think about my favourite riders, they were Pantani, Ullrich, Vino. Piepoli... jeez they have a reputation don't they...:eek: )

cyclingheroes said:
(Maybe I should think about my favourite riders, they were Pantani, Ullrich, Vino. Piepoli... jeez they have a reputation don't they...:eek: )
No my friend, the issue is that the medical issues guys also ride well. :(

Powerful Pete said:
No my friend, the issue is that the medical issues guys also ride well. :(
I think if Piepoli rides to support Riccó, Riccó is the favourite for the Giro.

cyclingheroes said:
Agreed, although it depends on who the other teams bring to the Giro....

cyclingheroes said:
Il Falco/Di Luca ?
I wonder whether Il Falco can do it again. He cracked last year...

Di Luca... hhhmmm. he planned his whole year in 2007 around the Giro and delivered. and this has obviously brought him far more publicity (and income!) than classics, so I suspect he will go for it again.

Don't know. Interesting race...

cyclingheroes said:
Let's hope that Saunier practice their team time trialing skills a little. There is no reason to give up a minute and a half on the first stage.