All these years I've been slicing the whole banana on my cereal even though I wanted only half, because there seemed to be no way to save the other half without having it go brown and yucky. [snip]
If it doesn't work, I'll be open to suggestions. [snip]
Even for rfc, as frugal or stingy a group as anyone could find anywhere, this is a new low. If you don't want to eat the whole banana, buy smaller bananas. Or cut it in half, set the unused half aside and look at it tomorrow. If some of it still looks edible, cut off the rest and eat the edible part. BFD. -aem
"aem" <[email hidden]> wrote in message news:[email hidden]...
Quoted message said:
Felice said:
All these years I've been slicing the whole banana on my cereal even though I wanted only half, because there seemed to be no way to save the other half without having it go brown and yucky. [snip]
If it doesn't work, I'll be open to suggestions. [snip]
Even for rfc, as frugal or stingy a group as anyone could find anywhere, this is a new low. If you don't want to eat the whole banana, buy smaller bananas. Or cut it in half, set the unused half aside and look at it tomorrow. If some of it still looks edible, cut off the rest and eat the edible part. BFD. -aem
Now there's a snotty reply for you! I can't tell you how devastated I am that you've decreed that I've hit a new low.
No, it's hardly a BFD, but I see no reason to toss out half a banana if I can enjoy it the next day.
"aem" <[email hidden]> wrote in message news:[email hidden]...
Quoted message said:
Felice said:
All these years I've been slicing the whole banana on my cereal even though I wanted only half, because there seemed to be no way to save the other half without having it go brown and yucky. [snip]
If it doesn't work, I'll be open to suggestions. [snip]
Even for rfc, as frugal or stingy a group as anyone could find anywhere, this is a new low. If you don't want to eat the whole banana, buy smaller bananas. Or cut it in half, set the unused half aside and look at it tomorrow. If some of it still looks edible, cut off the rest and eat the edible part. BFD. -aem
Now there's a snotty reply for you! I can't tell you how devastated I am that you've decreed that I've hit a new low.
No, it's hardly a BFD, but I see no reason to toss out half a banana if I can enjoy it the next day.
"Dan Abel" <[email hidden]> wrote in message news:[email hidden]...
Quoted message said:
In article <[email hidden]>,
Felice said:
All these years I've been slicing the whole banana on my cereal even though I wanted only half, because there seemed to be no way to save the other half without having it go brown and yucky.
If you just didn't put any banana on at all, you wouldn't have to buy bananas and your cereal would taste better.
"Dan Abel" <[email hidden]> wrote in message news:[email hidden]...
Quoted message said:
In article <[email hidden]>,
Felice said:
All these years I've been slicing the whole banana on my cereal even though I wanted only half, because there seemed to be no way to save the other half without having it go brown and yucky.
If you just didn't put any banana on at all, you wouldn't have to buy bananas and your cereal would taste better.
"Felice" <[email hidden]> wrote in message news:[email hidden]...
Quoted message said:
All these years I've been slicing the whole banana on my cereal even though I wanted only half, because there seemed to be no way to save the other half without having it go brown and yucky.
This morning I stuck the other half face down in an inch of water in a small glass, and at dinner time it was looking good. Now let's see if it makes it through the night. I would have tried acidulated water, but I didn't have a lemon handy.
If it doesn't work, I'll be open to suggestions. And no, I won't put it in the re-frig-er-a-tor, cha-cha-cha-cha.
Felice
I don't want a whole banana either any time. After I break half of it in the morning, I pull the skin back over it, and put it on a plate. Somehow going back and forth in the kitchen making tea or doing chores, the rest of the banana gets eaten. Sometimes when I am looking for something like an apple to pep me up, there will be the banana waiting for me to finish it.
"Felice" <[email hidden]> wrote in message news:[email hidden]...
Quoted message said:
All these years I've been slicing the whole banana on my cereal even though I wanted only half, because there seemed to be no way to save the other half without having it go brown and yucky.
This morning I stuck the other half face down in an inch of water in a small glass, and at dinner time it was looking good. Now let's see if it makes it through the night. I would have tried acidulated water, but I didn't have a lemon handy.
If it doesn't work, I'll be open to suggestions. And no, I won't put it in the re-frig-er-a-tor, cha-cha-cha-cha.
Felice
I don't want a whole banana either any time. After I break half of it in the morning, I pull the skin back over it, and put it on a plate. Somehow going back and forth in the kitchen making tea or doing chores, the rest of the banana gets eaten. Sometimes when I am looking for something like an apple to pep me up, there will be the banana waiting for me to finish it.
All these years I've been slicing the whole banana on my cereal even though I wanted only half, because there seemed to be no way to save the other half without having it go brown and yucky.
This morning I stuck the other half face down in an inch of water in a small glass, and at dinner time it was looking good. Now let's see if it makes it through the night. I would have tried acidulated water, but I didn't have a lemon handy.
If it doesn't work, I'll be open to suggestions. And no, I won't put it in the re-frig-er-a-tor, cha-cha-cha-cha.
Um, buy smaller bananas... didja know there are about 100 kinds of bananas, many are much smaller than the typical stupidmarket banana... some taste the same, others taste different. If you shop at the ethnic markets you will find a broader range of bananas. And those smaller types are often a better buy, they have thinner peels. You may even like some better, I used buy reddish skinned fingerling sized bananas, they looked like an ordinary banana only smaller but they tasted mildly of strawberry.
All these years I've been slicing the whole banana on my cereal even though I wanted only half, because there seemed to be no way to save the other half without having it go brown and yucky.
This morning I stuck the other half face down in an inch of water in a small glass, and at dinner time it was looking good. Now let's see if it makes it through the night. I would have tried acidulated water, but I didn't have a lemon handy.
If it doesn't work, I'll be open to suggestions. And no, I won't put it in the re-frig-er-a-tor, cha-cha-cha-cha.
Um, buy smaller bananas... didja know there are about 100 kinds of bananas, many are much smaller than the typical stupidmarket banana... some taste the same, others taste different. If you shop at the ethnic markets you will find a broader range of bananas. And those smaller types are often a better buy, they have thinner peels. You may even like some better, I used buy reddish skinned fingerling sized bananas, they looked like an ordinary banana only smaller but they tasted mildly of strawberry.
I usually have only half a banana on my cereal and save the other half for the next day. I cut the banana in half before peeling and slicing it. The next day I have the other half. The exposed end is usually a little nasty looking. I slice off less than 18 inch and the rest of it is fine.
Man, you've got big bananas.
-- Blinky RLU 297263 Killing all posts from Google Groups The Usenet Improvement Project - http://improve-usenet.org
I usually have only half a banana on my cereal and save the other half for the next day. I cut the banana in half before peeling and slicing it. The next day I have the other half. The exposed end is usually a little nasty looking. I slice off less than 18 inch and the rest of it is fine.
Man, you've got big bananas.
-- Blinky RLU 297263 Killing all posts from Google Groups The Usenet Improvement Project - http://improve-usenet.org
All these years I've been slicing the whole banana on my cereal even though I wanted only half, because there seemed to be no way to save the other half without having it go brown and yucky.
This morning I stuck the other half face down in an inch of water in a small glass, and at dinner time it was looking good. Now let's see if it makes it through the night. I would have tried acidulated water, but I didn't have a lemon handy.
If it doesn't work, I'll be open to suggestions. And no, I won't put it in the re-frig-er-a-tor, cha-cha-cha-cha.
I usually have only half a banana on my cereal and save the other half for the next day. I cut the banana in half before peeling and slicing it. The next day I have the other half. The exposed end is usually a little nasty looking. I slice off less than 18 inch and the rest of it is fine.
I do the same thing, but I only cut of 1/8 inch. I sometimes have the rest for a snack during the day, but if not it is fine the next morning. -- Susan N.
"Moral indignation is in most cases two percent moral, 48 percent indignation, and 50 percent envy." Vittorio De Sica, Italian movie director (1901-1974)
All these years I've been slicing the whole banana on my cereal even though I wanted only half, because there seemed to be no way to save the other half without having it go brown and yucky.
This morning I stuck the other half face down in an inch of water in a small glass, and at dinner time it was looking good. Now let's see if it makes it through the night. I would have tried acidulated water, but I didn't have a lemon handy.
If it doesn't work, I'll be open to suggestions. And no, I won't put it in the re-frig-er-a-tor, cha-cha-cha-cha.
I usually have only half a banana on my cereal and save the other half for the next day. I cut the banana in half before peeling and slicing it. The next day I have the other half. The exposed end is usually a little nasty looking. I slice off less than 18 inch and the rest of it is fine.
I do the same thing, but I only cut of 1/8 inch. I sometimes have the rest for a snack during the day, but if not it is fine the next morning. -- Susan N.
"Moral indignation is in most cases two percent moral, 48 percent indignation, and 50 percent envy." Vittorio De Sica, Italian movie director (1901-1974)
All these years I've been slicing the whole banana on my cereal even though I wanted only half, because there seemed to be no way to save the other half without having it go brown and yucky.
This morning I stuck the other half face down in an inch of water in a small glass, and at dinner time it was looking good. Now let's see if it makes it through the night. I would have tried acidulated water, but I didn't have a lemon handy.
If it doesn't work, I'll be open to suggestions. And no, I won't put it in the re-frig-er-a-tor, cha-cha-cha-cha.
I *do* put it in the fridge and to hell with all this [censored].
The *skin* gets to look unappealing, but I don't eat that. YMMV
All these years I've been slicing the whole banana on my cereal even though I wanted only half, because there seemed to be no way to save the other half without having it go brown and yucky.
This morning I stuck the other half face down in an inch of water in a small glass, and at dinner time it was looking good. Now let's see if it makes it through the night. I would have tried acidulated water, but I didn't have a lemon handy.
If it doesn't work, I'll be open to suggestions. And no, I won't put it in the re-frig-er-a-tor, cha-cha-cha-cha.
I *do* put it in the fridge and to hell with all this [censored].
The *skin* gets to look unappealing, but I don't eat that. YMMV
I usually have only half a banana on my cereal and save the other half for the next day. I cut the banana in half before peeling and slicing it. The next day I have the other half. The exposed end is usually a little nasty looking. I slice off less than 18 inch and the rest of it is fine.
Man, you've got big bananas.
Herbal v g r a really works! Just like all those e-mails claim.
I usually have only half a banana on my cereal and save the other half for the next day. I cut the banana in half before peeling and slicing it. The next day I have the other half. The exposed end is usually a little nasty looking. I slice off less than 18 inch and the rest of it is fine.
Man, you've got big bananas.
Herbal v g r a really works! Just like all those e-mails claim.
All these years I've been slicing the whole banana on my cereal even though I wanted only half, because there seemed to be no way to save the other half without having it go brown and yucky.
This morning I stuck the other half face down in an inch of water in a small glass, and at dinner time it was looking good. Now let's see if it makes it through the night. I would have tried acidulated water, but I didn't have a lemon handy.
If it doesn't work, I'll be open to suggestions. And no, I won't put it in the re-frig-er-a-tor, cha-cha-cha-cha.
Tomatoes that have been refrigerated are less good. Bananas are patently bad. I think that you can just cut the exposed half inch or so off the next morning. That's what my mother used to do.