Saw Spiderman today

azdroptop

May 25, 2005
What a terrible movie! Effects were very so so, acting poor, story was laughable. I can't belive that was all they came up with being the most expensive movie ever made! Hopefully they can redeem themselves next time around...

arg, must watch the second half.... its on my todo list.
The first half seemed ok, pretty good in fact. Very similar to the other 2 anyway ;)

azdroptop said:
What a terrible movie! Effects were very so so, acting poor, story was laughable. I can't belive that was all they came up with being the most expensive movie ever made! Hopefully they can redeem themselves next time around...
Its not terrible. It just isn't as good as the first two. But the first two were pretty damn good so...

I thought the effects were good actually. Sandman was definitely a highlight. The usual swinging special effects were fun to watch too.

The acting was poor in the sense that Tobey Maguire couldn't pull off the whole bad ass thing. Too much of a goody two shoes. But other than that, it wasn't that **** in that department.

But i'll have to agree with you on the point that the story was bad.

It just felt too rushed, too packed, too gimicky, too convoluted.

Too much competing screen time between characters. A balance was required but was not made.

okay watched the second half - wow emo spidey! hes actually half cute when hes like that :D

it was ok, i agree possibly not as good as the first two, but it was the second half that let it down. The storyline was good.

Overall id watch it again :)

willocrew said:
Its not terrible. It just isn't as good as the first two. But the first two were pretty damn good so...

I thought the effects were good actually. Sandman was definitely a highlight. The usual swinging special effects were fun to watch too.

The acting was poor in the sense that Tobey Maguire couldn't pull off the whole bad ass thing. Too much of a goody two shoes. But other than that, it wasn't that **** in that department.

But i'll have to agree with you on the point that the story was bad.

It just felt too rushed, too packed, too gimicky, too convoluted.

Too much competing screen time between characters. A balance was required but was not made.
Acting, The butler telling Harry about the cuts on his dad? Come on, I laughed outloud during that part. And what's up with Parker's hair changing from the evil spidy to happy spidy. Just too plain goofy for me. This movie reminded me of the crapy Batman movies years ago.

azdroptop said:
Acting, The butler telling Harry about the cuts on his dad? Come on, I laughed outloud during that part. And what's up with Parker's hair changing from the evil spidy to happy spidy. Just too plain goofy for me. This movie reminded me of the crapy Batman movies years ago.
Lol. Yea the butler bit was pretty lame. Makes you wonder why the heck did he not voice out his opinion earlier... would surely have saved alot of trouble.

Boils down to poor story line.

willocrew said:
Lol. Yea the butler bit was pretty lame. Makes you wonder why the heck did he not voice out his opinion earlier... would surely have saved alot of trouble.

Boils down to poor story line.
The more I think about it the sillier I think it was. The 'venom' stuff catching a ride on the scooter was pretty darn hookey too. :eek: :D