Australia and New Zealand · Public discussion

SBS marketing suggestion

Started by TimC · · Last activity · 12 posts · 681 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Australia and New Zealand
Published
24 July 2005
Last activity
25 July 2005
Original author
TimC
Posts
12
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
681
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–12 of 12
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. [censored] that as soon as it stops raining in London that the TdF
    sprints are taken off SBS in place of the far more interesting action
    packed game of cricket?

    Email SBS marketing, and CC each of the companies that are advertising
    within the ad breaks of the cricket, alerting them to the fact that
    you will be boycotting each of the named companies.

    The first company is whoever makes the "Falcon two mark SR" (how
    appropriate, eh? 🙂

    I do wonder whether sales@ford would start to get twitchy if a whole
    bunch of people told them they were being boycotted because they paid
    for advertement to support a multicultural television network that
    decided to show a boring england-australia (really multicultural that
    is, eh!?) in place of the final precarious (to borrow a word) stage of
    the TdF?

    --
    TimC
    "Consider a spherical bear, in simple harmonic motion..."
    -- Professor in the UCB physics department

  2. "TimC" wrote in message ...

    Quoted message said:

    [censored] that as soon as it stops raining in London that the TdF
    sprints are taken off SBS in place of the far more interesting action
    packed game of cricket?

    They were flogging the 'Hell on Wheels' DVD of the 2003 tour, when they
    could have been showing the 2005 tour LIVE in the last 10kms... that is
    nuts..

    I've never hated cricket this much...

    GPL

  3. SBS is just dipping their fat fingers into 2 honeypots - as you say the cricket hardly fits with their advertised ideology! I am desperately trying to stay awake now to see the presentations for TDF by fiddling with my rear derailer - I nearly dozed off listening to 2 guys talk in monotone about how exciting the last delivery was - I think they meant that the way the guy chucked the ball looked good to them! Compared to the rest of the action, I am not surprised at their sudden "verbal erection"!

  4. Just stuck a poll up on the SBS Cycling central forum, doubt it will stay up long as it calls them dishonest about their promised coverage and asks people to protest by not buying their highlights DVD.

    Should be interesting to see how long it stays up

  5. TimC said:

    Email SBS marketing, and CC each of the companies that are advertising
    within the ad breaks of the cricket, alerting them to the fact that
    you will be boycotting each of the named companies.

    hmmmm....I don't think they'll care: SBS's ratings during Thursday night's cricket coverage were about FOUR TIMES normal!!! I think the advertiser will be asking: "more cricket, please?"

  6. jcjordan said:

    Just stuck a poll up on the SBS Cycling central forum, doubt it will stay up long as it calls them dishonest about their promised coverage and asks people to protest by not buying their highlights DVD.

    Should be interesting to see how long it stays up

    provide a link to it 😄

  7. flyingdutch said:

    provide a link to it 😄

    Here is the link to the poll

    www8.sbs.com.auviewtopic.php

  8. On 2005-07-24, 531Aussie (aka Bruce)
    was almost, but not quite, entirely unlike tea:

    Quoted message said:


    TimC said:

    Email SBS marketing, and CC each of the companies that are advertising
    within the ad breaks of the cricket, alerting them to the fact that
    you will be boycotting each of the named companies.hmmmm....I don't think they'll care: SBS's ratings during Thursday


    night's cricket coverage were about FOUR TIMES normal!!! I think the
    advertiser will be asking: "more cricket, please?"

    Pity SBS is now going for ratings on mediocre colonial games, instead
    of operating to its multicultural charter.

    --
    TimC
    Experiments must be reproducible; they should all fail in the same way.

  9. TimC said:

    On 2005-07-24, 531Aussie (aka Bruce)
    was almost, but not quite, entirely unlike tea:

    Quoted message said:


    TimC said:

    Email SBS marketing, and CC each of the companies that are advertising
    within the ad breaks of the cricket, alerting them to the fact that
    you will be boycotting each of the named companies.hmmmm....I don't think they'll care: SBS's ratings during Thursday


    night's cricket coverage were about FOUR TIMES normal!!! I think the
    advertiser will be asking: "more cricket, please?"

    Pity SBS is now going for ratings on mediocre colonial games, instead
    of operating to its multicultural charter.

    --
    TimC
    Experiments must be reproducible; they should all fail in the same way.


    well I voted 'NO'

    that is the 1 vote for NO so far..!! woo hoo, im a minority, I feel repressed

    maybe we can invent a new sport, cricyling, all players on uni-cycles; including batsmen.

  10. MikeyOz said:


    TimC said:

    On 2005-07-24, 531Aussie (aka Bruce)
    was almost, but not quite, entirely unlike tea:

    Quoted message said:


    TimC Wrote:
    > Email SBS marketing, and CC each of the companies that are


    advertising

    Quoted message said:

    > within the ad breaks of the cricket, alerting them to the fact that
    > you will be boycotting each of the named companies.hmmmm....I don't


    think they'll care: SBS's ratings during Thursday

    Quoted message said:

    night's cricket coverage were about FOUR TIMES normal!!! I think the
    advertiser will be asking: "more cricket, please?"

    Pity SBS is now going for ratings on mediocre colonial games, instead
    of operating to its multicultural charter.

    --
    TimC
    Experiments must be reproducible; they should all fail in the same way.


    well I voted 'NO'

    that is the 1 vote for NO so far..!! woo hoo, im a minority, I feel
    repressed

    maybe we can invent a new sport, cricyling, all players on uni-cycles;
    including batsmen.

    Fox Sports was showing the Ashes uninterrupted. They had an ad in the
    Australian, something like "The middle of the Ashes is no place for a
    bike race" with a cyclist crashing out where someone was batting. Stupid
    pic and ad but I couldn't help but agree, the bike race should
    definitely take priority. That being said, it's the BEST coverage of
    test cricket I've seen. So much less footage of ball-scratching and
    farting, but you still get to see the wickets being taken. Noice. I
    don't even like cricket.

    Tam

  11. Tamyka Bell said:


    That being said, it's the BEST coverage of
    test cricket I've seen. So much less footage of ball-scratching and
    farting, but you still get to see the wickets being taken. Noice. I
    don't even like cricket.

    You have DEFINATELY been in QLD too long! :P

    You should try somewhere with more bikes and less cricket..

    hippy
    "How do you get footage of farting?"

  12. hippy said:


    "How do you get footage of farting?"

    I know some smart-e-pants will mention this so I'm going to spoil it for them first and say:

    Yes, I know all about the Tokyo Shock Boys and I'm sure there's a mass of private video out there of people lighting their own farts. This does not happen so much in the test cricket I have seen..

    hippy
    "Pass me the lighter.."

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.