General fitness, health and nutrition · Public discussion

Scafell Pike

Started by sylva · · Last activity · 48 posts · 1,698 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
General fitness, health and nutrition
Published
11 May 2004
Last activity
7 June 2004
Original author
sylva
Posts
48
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
1,698
Views / 30 days
0
Topics

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 41–48 of 48
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. "The Reids" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    Following up to The Reids

    Quoted message said:

    you will have to use the big public one a hundred yards
    away or use a residents only space or a pub space, which
    might run out at weekends.

    lets type that properly:- The spaces at the pub fill up
    at weekends and at least half are reserved for the hotel
    and self catering. There is a big public carpark 100
    yards away.
    --
    Mike Reid

    Sounds good to me. Is that carpark a pay&display, manned, or
    free? Any idea of costs per day(s)?

    Nick

  2. Following up to Nick Pedley

    Quoted message said:

    Sounds good to me. Is that carpark a pay&display, manned,
    or free? Any idea of costs per day(s)?

    unmanned free
    --
    Mike Reid "Art is the lie that reveals the truth" P.Picasso
    Wasdale-Lake district-Thames path-London
    "fellwalk.co.ukfellwalk.co.uk" <-- you can email us@ this site
    Eat-walk-Spain "fell-walker.co.ukfell-walker.co.uk" <-- dontuse@
    all, it's a spamtrap

  3. Paul Rooney <[email hidden]> wrote

    Quoted message said:

    On Wed, 12 May 2004 15:46:20 +0100, The Reids <dontuse@fell-

    walker.co.uk said:

    Ah, right, you bought one, been offroad yet?

    Got it yesterday. Gently offroaded, kind of, today - down a
    rough track with bumpy bits and ruts, but no mud atm. We
    like it - I can see over the hedges! The 'command
    position', as it's referred to in the motoring media, gives
    one delusions of grandeur. What I really need now is to
    acquire a bit of land so I can shout 'GOML!!' at the red-
    socked community.


    What's it like over speed humps? Our council have planted
    totally unsuitable ones on our road, 15mph is the maximum in
    the Mondeo. :-(
    --
    Gordon

  4. The Reids said:

    Ah, right, you bought one, been offroad yet?

    Got it yesterday. Gently offroaded, kind of, today - down a
    rough track with bumpy bits and ruts, but no mud atm. We
    like it - I can see over the hedges! The 'command position',
    as it's referred to in the motoring media, gives one
    delusions of grandeur. What I really need now is to acquire
    a bit of land so I can shout 'GOML!!' at the red-socked
    community.

    --

    Paul

    My Lake District walking site:

    paulrooney.netfirms.compaulrooney.netfirms.com

  5. On Sat, 22 May 2004 23:57:06 +0100, Gordon <[email hidden]>

    Quoted message said:

    Paul Rooney <[email hidden]> wrote

    Quoted message said:

    On Wed, 12 May 2004 15:46:20 +0100, The Reids <dontuse@fell-

    walker.co.uk said:

    Ah, right, you bought one, been offroad yet?

    Got it yesterday. Gently offroaded, kind of, today - down
    a rough track with bumpy bits and ruts, but no mud atm. We
    like it - I can see over the hedges! The 'command
    position', as it's referred to in the motoring media,
    gives one delusions of grandeur. What I really need now is
    to acquire a bit of land so I can shout 'GOML!!' at the
    red-socked community.


    What's it like over speed humps? Our council have planted
    totally unsuitable ones on our road, 15mph is the maximum
    in the Mondeo. :-(

    Not tried it yet over speed bumps - I might be able to get
    the wheels either side of the square sort we have mostly
    around here.

    --

    Paul

    My Lake District walking site:

    paulrooney.netfirms.compaulrooney.netfirms.com

  6. Paul Rooney <[email hidden]> wrote

    Quoted message said:
    Gordon said:

    Paul Rooney <[email hidden]> wrote

    Quoted message said:

    On Wed, 12 May 2004 15:46:20 +0100, The Reids <dontuse@fell-
    walker.co.uk> wrote:

    >Ah, right, you bought one, been offroad yet?

    Got it yesterday. Gently offroaded, kind of, today - down
    a rough track with bumpy bits and ruts, but no mud atm.
    We like it - I can see over the hedges! The 'command
    position', as it's referred to in the motoring media,
    gives one delusions of grandeur. What I really need now
    is to acquire a bit of land so I can shout 'GOML!!' at
    the red-socked community.


    What's it like over speed humps? Our council have planted
    totally unsuitable ones on our road, 15mph is the maximum
    in the Mondeo. :-(

    Not tried it yet over speed bumps - I might be able to get
    the wheels either side of the square sort we have mostly
    around here.


    We have those too, but I can straddle them with the Mondeo.
    I was considering a Focus if I change it, but my mate's got
    one and it doesn't straddle them.....

    I do wish he would learn to aim straight though - I just
    steer so that the right hand corner of the white triangle
    passes exactly under me, and don't feel a thing.
    --
    Gordon

  7. In article <[email hidden]>,
    Paul Rooney <[email hidden]> writes

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    Ah, right, you bought one, been offroad yet?

    Got it yesterday. Gently offroaded, kind of, today -


    Missed the drive, ended up on the lawn :-)

    --
    Bill Grey billboy.co.ukbillboy.co.uk

  8. W. D. Grey said:

    In article <[email hidden]>,
    Paul Rooney <[email hidden]> writes

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    Ah, right, you bought one, been offroad yet?

    Got it yesterday. Gently offroaded, kind of, today -


    Missed the drive, ended up on the lawn :-)

    ((-:

    --

    Paul

    My Lake District walking site:

    paulrooney.netfirms.compaulrooney.netfirms.com

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.