scared of the 6 foot

Discussion in 'rec.sport.unicycling' started by scody, Jan 2, 2005.

  1. scody

    scody Guest

    I bought a six foot... expecting not to be as comfortable up there as I am
    down on the regular....
    but boy... it is pretty scary up there...

    Anybody have any words of encouragement?

    Tags:

  2. daino149

    daino149 Guest

  3. john_childs

    john_childs Guest

  4. James_Potter

    James_Potter Guest

    john_childs wrote:
    > *Your feet are only three feet off the ground. :) *

    aye, that is very true. Go stand on something that's three feet high,
    and jump off. That's how high you are on the giraffe.... not much, neh?

    --
    James_Potter - betcha can't stick it!

  5. On a giraffe you will have much more time to react to a loss of balance
    because you'll fall so much slower. You'll be surprised at how much
    control you can have over the 6'er if you believe it and if you commit
    to it. Idling, in many peoples opinions, is actually easier on a
    giraffe.

    Andrew

    --
    andrew_carter - Unicycling because it's really fun!

    carter.andrew (at) gmail (dot) com
    http://www.unicycles.com.au
    Unicycling Tips and Tutorials - http://www.unicycle.2ya.com

  6. GILD

    GILD Guest

    make sure that the very first thing u do, once u've clambered aboard the
    lumbering beast, is to jump off
    just set your mind at rest that u can jump from that height and from
    that raffie without killing yourself
    that lil' bit of peace of mind will make a world of difference to the
    time u spend just settling in with the new toy
    pics?

    --
    GILD - Waffle-Tosser and Time-bider

    if you can't say anything good about someone, sit right here by me.--
    alice 'roosevelt' (http://tinyurl.com/5ngze) longworth
    I feel like a fugitive from the law of averages.-- William H.
    Mauldin

    'NAMASTE!' (http://tinyurl.com/4qcxw)
    'Dave' (http://tinyurl.com/ywxgb)

  7. carjug

    carjug Guest

  8. scody

    scody Guest

    Man...
    All of this help...
    You guys are great.

    I love the Tennis Court Idea... gonna spend my time down there this saturday
    as a matter of fact.

    Thanks!

    news:[email protected]