See some photos of the London Marathon

Discussion in 'General Fitness' started by Ukstudentlife.C, Sep 14, 2003.

  1. I have posted some photos from the London Marathon (Sunday 13th April
    2003) on the following web page:

    http://www.ukstudentlife.com/Ideas/Album/LondonMarathon.htm

    These pictures concentrate on showing the atmosphere and the fun side of the race.

    Regards,

    Mark

    PS: The website UKStudentLife.com aims to introduce British life and culture to international
    students or other non-nationals who are in the UK. If you know anyone who might be interested,
    please let him/her know about it!

    Tags:

  2. Mark1504

    Mark1504 Guest

    Nice collection of photo's. Well done!

    "UKStudentLife.com" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > I have posted some photos from the London Marathon (Sunday 13th April
    > 2003) on the following web page:
    >
    > http://www.ukstudentlife.com/Ideas/Album/LondonMarathon.htm
    >
    > These pictures concentrate on showing the atmosphere and the fun side of the race.
    >
    > Regards,
    >
    > Mark
    >
    > PS: The website UKStudentLife.com aims to introduce British life and culture to international
    > students or other non-nationals who are in the UK. If you know anyone who might be interested,
    > please let him/her know about it!

  3. It's a veritable montage of bad dentistry.

  4. Ian Tempest

    Ian Tempest Guest

    Well done Mark - these are great photos and beautifully clear. Digital cameras are a great
    invention.

    Ian

    UKStudentLife.com wrote in message ...
    >I have posted some photos from the London Marathon (Sunday 13th April
    >2003) on the following web page:
    >
    >http://www.ukstudentlife.com/Ideas/Album/LondonMarathon.htm
    >
    >These pictures concentrate on showing the atmosphere and the fun side of the race.
    >
    >Regards,
    >
    >Mark
    >
    >PS: The website UKStudentLife.com aims to introduce British life and culture to international
    > students or other non-nationals who are in the UK. If you know anyone who might be interested,
    > please let him/her know about it!

  5. Urban

    Urban Guest

    > I have posted some photos from the London Marathon (Sunday 13th April
    > 2003) on the following web page:
    >
    > http://www.ukstudentlife.com/Ideas/Album/LondonMarathon.htm
    >
    > These pictures concentrate on showing the atmosphere and the fun side of the race.

    It is very funny and possibly a coincidence :) I am on one of the pictures. 7114 was my
    bib number!!!

    I was very disappointed with my run. Though started on track for sub 3hr, but did very poor over the
    last 10km. However, I had
    1:23h at half way mark and felt great and were dreaming of a
    2:56h finish. Into the third hour I could not hold the pace, was simply too hot (18C+) for me and
    all energy was gone. So I crawled over the line still in a new PB of 3:08h (2 minutes).
    Nonetheless, fantastic crowd around Cutty Sark, London Bridge and Embankment. *Sigh* will have to
    wait until autumn then.

  6. Big

    Big Guest

    "Urban" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > > I have posted some photos from the London Marathon (Sunday 13th April
    > > 2003) on the following web page:
    > >
    > > http://www.ukstudentlife.com/Ideas/Album/LondonMarathon.htm
    > >
    > > These pictures concentrate on showing the atmosphere and the fun side of the race.
    >
    > It is very funny and possibly a coincidence :) I am on one of the pictures. 7114 was my bib
    > number!!!
    >
    > I was very disappointed with my run. Though started on track for sub 3hr, but did very poor over
    > the last 10km. However, I had
    > 1:23h at half way mark and felt great and were dreaming of a
    > 2:56h finish. Into the third hour I could not hold the pace, was simply too hot (18C+) for me and
    > all energy was gone. So I crawled over the line still in a new PB of 3:08h (2 minutes).
    > Nonetheless, fantastic crowd around Cutty Sark, London Bridge and Embankment. *Sigh* will have
    > to wait until autumn then.
    congrats on the PB by the way. I was the lazy shit sat at home watching it. Probably the best one
    ever, due to the turn out and that time by Paula.

  7. [email protected] (Urban) wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...

    > It is very funny and possibly a coincidence :) I am on one of the pictures. 7114 was my bib
    > number!!!
    >
    > I was very disappointed with my run. *Sigh* will have to wait until autumn then.

    What an interesting coincidence that your picture was on my page, considering that there were 33,000
    runners! Sorry to hear you were disappointed with your run - better luck in the autumn ...

    Mark

  8. Lustig

    Lustig Guest

    [email protected] (Urban) wrote in message news:<[email protected]google.com>...

    > It is very funny and possibly a coincidence :) I am on one of the pictures. 7114 was my bib
    > number!!!

    That cap *must* go. It may once have been your "lucky charm", but that mojo isn´t working anymore...

    > I was very disappointed with my run. Though started on track for sub 3hr, but did very poor over
    > the last 10km. However, I had
    > 1:23h at half way mark and felt great and were dreaming of a
    > 2:56h finish.

    1:23 strikes me definitely as incompatible with a sub-3 finish! I believe the allowable deviation
    from even pace is <2% - but I know: those whom God wants to break, he first makes blind:)

    > Into the third hour I could not hold the pace, was simply too hot (18C+) for me and all energy was
    > gone. So I crawled over the line still in a new PB of 3:08h (2 minutes).

    Maybe you should´ve emulated Paula Radcliffe and counted: "One, two, three...hundred, anothera
    mile(1) gone!":)

    My symphaties - and congrulations of the bittersweet PB:)

    > *Sigh* will have to wait until autumn then.

    Amsterdam?

    (2) in your case - and mine, too - a good bit short of a
    mile...

    Anders

  9. Jim Ley

    Jim Ley Guest

    On 15 Apr 2003 00:36:22 -0700, [email protected] (lustig) wrote:

    >[email protected] (Urban) wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    >> I was very disappointed with my run. Though started on track for sub 3hr, but did very poor over
    >> the last 10km. However, I had
    >> 1:23h at half way mark and felt great and were dreaming of a
    >> 2:56h finish.
    >
    >1:23 strikes me definitely as incompatible with a sub-3 finish! I believe the allowable deviation
    > from even pace is <2% - but I know: those whom God wants to break, he first makes blind:)

    Hmm, should've gone for a negative split - it worked for Paula - of course what can I say - I was
    supposed to be doing Two Oceans marathon on saturday, but just couldn't keep up the training here,
    oh yeah and my marathon PB is only 4:15 - but that was done without enough training at slow speed
    (purely to get the qualifying time for two oceans), in -5 temperatures...

    Jim.