UK and Europe · Public discussion

Seen elsewhere, great ebay bike

Started by Bryan · · Last activity · 12 posts · 769 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
UK and Europe
Published
17 October 2006
Last activity
18 October 2006
Original author
Bryan
Posts
12
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
769
Views / 30 days
0
Topics

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–12 of 12
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Obviously some computer translation, definitely woirth a look :-)

    http://tinyurl.com/ye9o88 (linkt to ebay item 300037650532)

    Hurry it's nearly gone :-)

    Bryan

  2. Bryan wrote on 17/10/2006 09:55 +0100:

    Quoted message said:

    Obviously some computer translation, definitely woirth a look :-)

    http://tinyurl.com/ye9o88 (linkt to ebay item 300037650532)

    Hurry it's nearly gone :-)

    Wonderful!

    I think I shall use "Avoid the earthquake" instead of "full suspension"
    from now on ;-)

    I also especially like the honest description of the gear mechs - stir
    ago and stir behind. Not too accurate gear changing I take it.

    --
    Tony

    "Anyone who conducts an argument by appealing to authority is not using
    his intelligence; he is just using his memory."
    - Leonardo da Vinci

  3. in message <[email hidden]>, Tony Raven

    (') said:

    Bryan wrote on 17/10/2006 09:55 +0100:

    Quoted message said:

    Obviously some computer translation, definitely woirth a look :-)

    http://tinyurl.com/ye9o88 (linkt to ebay item 300037650532)

    Hurry it's nearly gone :-)

    Wonderful!

    I think I shall use "Avoid the earthquake" instead of "full suspension"
    from now on ;-)

    I also especially like the honest description of the gear mechs - stir
    ago and stir behind. Not too accurate gear changing I take it.

    What gets me is the pictures /so/ don't agree with the text.

    "Ago fork:The Fox Float 120 RLs 120 mm route of travel, adjustable return
    to play, lock to wait forever function"

    Well, a Fox Float is a reasonable fork, but it doesn't look like that.

    "Stir ago:Shimano M-580 LX
    Stir behind:Shimano M-750 XT"

    I quite like the idea of derailleurs being called 'stirs' - after all, you
    use them for stirring the gears. But the derailleurs in the photo are
    clearly marked 'SunRun'.

    --
    [email hidden] (Simon Brooke) http://www.jasmine.org.uk/~simon/
    -----BEGIN GEEK CODE BLOCK-----
    Version: 3.1
    GP/CS s++: a++ C+++ ULBVCS*++++$ L+++ P--- E+>++ W+++ N++ K w--(---)
    M- !d- PS++ PE-- Y+ PGP !t 5? X+ !R b++ !DI D G- e++ h*(-) r++ y+++
    ------END GEEK CODE BLOCK------

  4. Tony Raven said:

    I think I shall use "Avoid the earthquake" instead of "full suspension"
    from now on ;-)

    I wonder what "lock to wait forever function" is supposed to mean!

    PhilD

    --
    <><

  5. PhilD said:
    Tony Raven said:

    I think I shall use "Avoid the earthquake" instead of "full suspension"
    from now on ;-)

    I wonder what "lock to wait forever function" is supposed to mean!

    PhilD

    In the touring stakes I don't think the Dawes Galaxy has much to fear.

    Sam Salt

  6. Not bad - six quid ain't bad for a 'Touring Bike'.

  7. quote='PhilD'Tony Raven said:

    I think I shall use "Avoid the earthquake" instead of "full suspension"
    from now on ;-)

    I wonder what "lock to wait forever function" is supposed to mean!

    PhilD

    --
    <><[/QUOTE]

    It's fork lock out, you can wait forever for the fork to bounce 'cause it won't :-)

    I like teh fact it has 'flywheels' and all chainrings should be called 'tooth dish', but what is an 'Empress stalk'?

    Bryan

  8. Tony Raven said:

    Bryan wrote on 17/10/2006 09:55 +0100:

    Quoted message said:

    Obviously some computer translation, definitely woirth a look :-)

    http://tinyurl.com/ye9o88 (linkt to ebay item 300037650532)

    Hurry it's nearly gone :-)

    Wonderful!

    I think I shall use "Avoid the earthquake" instead of "full
    suspension" from now on ;-)

    I also especially like the honest description of the gear mechs - stir
    ago and stir behind. Not too accurate gear changing I take it.

    I want a Truvativ Stylo tooth dish, too.

    A

  9. in message <[email hidden]>, Bryan

    (') said:


    PhilD said:
    Tony Raven said:

    I think I shall use "Avoid the earthquake" instead of "full


    suspension"

    Quoted message said:

    from now on ;-)

    I wonder what "lock to wait forever function" is supposed to mean!

    PhilD

    --
    <><

    It's fork lock out, you can wait forever for the fork to bounce 'cause
    it won't :-)

    I like teh fact it has 'flywheels' and all chainrings should be called
    'tooth dish', but what is an 'Empress stalk'?

    I'm /fairly/ confident that's the rear hub.

    --
    [email hidden] (Simon Brooke) http://www.jasmine.org.uk/~simon/

    X-no-archive: No, I'm not *that* naive.

  10. I also like the idea that it may take 35-45 days to deliver. After 45
    days you can no longer do a Paypal chargeback for non-delivery *when* it
    doesn't actually turn up....

    All in all, having carefully considered, I think I'll give it a miss :-)

    --
    Paul Boyd
    http://www.paul-boyd.co.uk/

  11. Ambrose Nankivell said:
    Tony Raven said:


    I also especially like the honest description of the gear mechs - stir
    ago and stir behind. Not too accurate gear changing I take it.

    I want a Truvativ Stylo tooth dish, too.

    Although what is presumably the Truvativ Stylo tooth dish is marked
    'sunwheel' in the pictures. Also, the Shimano XT stir behind appears
    to be made from black plastic and is labelled 'sunrun'. Which is
    strange - none of the XT componentry on my bikes has similar
    markings...

    regards, Ian SMith
    --
    |\ /| no .sig
    |o o|
    |/ \|

  12. plus 45 quid post!!!!!!!!!!!
    a real bargain at 51 quid.........I don't think

    SW

    "SW" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    Not bad - six quid ain't bad for a 'Touring Bike'.

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.