General fitness, health and nutrition · Public discussion

Semi-HOmemade w/Sandra Lee

Started by dee · · Last activity · 51 posts · 3,122 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
General fitness, health and nutrition
Published
2 July 2005
Last activity
5 July 2005
Original author
dee
Posts
51
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
3,122
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–20 of 51
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. OK folks, take this show for what it is. Total [censored] by a person who has
    somehow (I would venture to guess, by money, both she and her husband
    are multi-millionaires) gotten on the air. The mystery, as I see it,
    is, that despite no talent for cooking, no real ability to cook at all,
    she is still on FNTV. So, as I once suggested, if you ever watch this
    show, think of yourself as having switched over to the Comedy Channel!!
    Taken in that context, this show is gold!

  2. Well said, dee!

    With all the great casting and expertly produced shows on Food TV, the
    powers that be (Gordon Elliott?) HAD to have known that this otherwise
    worthless program would be fodder for jokes, criticisms,
    arguments...and GREAT FOR RATINGS!

    Didja see her sticking those toothpicks into that bunny cake (just in
    time for July 4)? Even though she warned mothers to REMOVE THE PICKS
    you just know some poor child is going to end up in the ER. Of course,
    that could be from any of the toxic, sodium-laced food she prepares.

  3. "dee" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    OK folks, take this show for what it is. Total [censored] by a person who has
    somehow (I would venture to guess, by money, both she and her husband
    are multi-millionaires) gotten on the air. The mystery, as I see it,
    is, that despite no talent for cooking, no real ability to cook at all,
    she is still on FNTV. So, as I once suggested, if you ever watch this
    show, think of yourself as having switched over to the Comedy Channel!!
    Taken in that context, this show is gold!

    How funny! Just this morning my hubby said he'd rather watch a dog making a
    turd than her making anything. LOL.

    kili

  4. dee said:

    (I would venture to guess, by money, both she and her husband
    are multi-millionaires)

    How do you *know* these things? Is she independently wealthy? If so,
    how did she do it?

    Inquiring minds want to know.

  5. "sf" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:
    dee said:

    (I would venture to guess, by money, both she and her husband
    are multi-millionaires)

    How do you *know* these things? Is she independently wealthy? If so,
    how did she do it?

    Inquiring minds want to know.

    Yeah, no kidding. I don't want my husband to work anymore and I want to be
    wealthy. Where do I sign on FTVN.com?

    kili

  6. sf said:
    dee said:

    (I would venture to guess, by money, both she and her husband
    are multi-millionaires)

    How do you *know* these things? Is she independently wealthy? If so,
    how did she do it?

    Inquiring minds want to know.

    Sandra got her start by figuring out that those plastic things that
    hold a six-pack together, could actually make a sort of presentation
    for drapes/curtains. She went on QVC, the rest is history, probably
    availale on "google" if you decided you really wanted to know. She is
    still an idiot, can't cook, wouldn't know a decent recipe if it came up
    and swatted her, and, is still an idiot. And, her show is good laugh!!

  7. sf said:
    dee said:

    (I would venture to guess, by money, both she and her husband
    are multi-millionaires)

    How do you *know* these things? Is she independently wealthy? If so,
    how did she do it?

    Inquiring minds want to know.

    Sandra Lee made a ton "inventing" and selling crafty stuff on QVC.
    She's not just a laughably horrendous cook, there's something downright
    creepy about her...maybe it's her whole Stepford Wife thing... I have a
    feeling it's only a matter of time before she stages a festive "Hansel
    & Gretel Theme Party" and teaches us how to Shake & Bake the pesky
    neighborhood kids.

    Nancy

  8. dee said:

    OK folks, take this show for what it is. Total [censored] by a person who has
    somehow (I would venture to guess, by money, both she and her husband
    are multi-millionaires) gotten on the air. The mystery, as I see it,
    is, that despite no talent for cooking, no real ability to cook at all,
    she is still on FNTV. So, as I once suggested, if you ever watch this
    show, think of yourself as having switched over to the Comedy Channel!!
    Taken in that context, this show is gold!

    I'm actually thinking of buying my SIL a copy of her book. Whenever we
    talk about cooking, she complains about recipes that actually require
    her do anything but open a package; and she complains about the high
    cost of name-brand products but insists that her family won't eat
    anything but. I already gave her my thrifted copy of "the I hate to
    cookbook'- this seems like the modern day equivilant.

    --

    saerah

    "It's not a gimmick, it's an incentive."- asterbark, afca

    aware of the manifold possibilities of the future

    "I think there's a clause in the Shaman's and Jujumen's Local #57 Union
    contract that they have to have reciprocity for each other's shop rules."
    -König Prüß

  9. Don't, and I repeat, don't buy a copy of any of her books, There is,
    literlly, nothing there. A huge waste of money!! Her books are nothing
    but a shopping list for stuff that is available at a grocery store.
    And, she recomends certain products, endlessly, in her books; like the
    same effect couldn't have been produced without those products - what
    [censored]. This woman is not a chef, she is not a cook, she only knows what
    is liable to increase her money stream, hence the endless references to
    product placement. If you have any regard for your family. and, their
    health, you don't need a cook=book written by an idiot! Your library
    and the internet are 'good things'. Use them.

  10. Don't, and I repeat, don't buy a copy of any of her books, There is,
    literlly, nothing there. A huge waste of money!! Her books are nothing
    but a shopping list for stuff that is available at a grocery store.
    And, she recomends certain products, endlessly, in her books; like the
    same effect couldn't have been produced without those products - what
    [censored]. This woman is not a chef, she is not a cook, she only knows what
    is liable to increase her money stream, hence the endless references to
    product placement. If you have any regard for your family. and, their
    health, you don't need a cook=book written by an idiot! Your library
    and the internet are 'good things'. Use them.

  11. dee said:

    Don't, and I repeat, don't buy a copy of any of her books, There is,
    literlly, nothing there. A huge waste of money!! Her books are nothing
    but a shopping list for stuff that is available at a grocery store.
    And, she recomends certain products, endlessly, in her books; like the
    same effect couldn't have been produced without those products - what
    [censored]. This woman is not a chef, she is not a cook, she only knows what
    is liable to increase her money stream, hence the endless references to
    product placement. If you have any regard for your family. and, their
    health, you don't need a cook=book written by an idiot! Your library
    and the internet are 'good things'. Use them.

    Look. I know how to cook. I like to cook. from scratch, even. but my SIL
    does not. I have already advised her on how to find recipes online and
    she insists that all the recipes she finds are "too complicated"- so
    this type of thing seems right up her alley. This is the same woman who
    tells me how i am depriving my kid by not buying name brand items and
    things like fruit snacks.

    --

    saerah

    "It's not a gimmick, it's an incentive."- asterbark, afca

    aware of the manifold possibilities of the future

    "I think there's a clause in the Shaman's and Jujumen's Local #57 Union
    contract that they have to have reciprocity for each other's shop rules."
    -König Prüß

  12. sarah bennett said:

    I'm actually thinking of buying my SIL a copy of her book. Whenever we
    talk about cooking, she complains about recipes that actually require
    her do anything but open a package; and she complains about the high
    cost of name-brand products but insists that her family won't eat
    anything but. I already gave her my thrifted copy of "the I hate to
    cookbook'- this seems like the modern day equivilant.

    Check out the book reviews on amazon.com. They are
    uniformly positive, except for a handful of professional
    Sandra-Lee-haters. Hope this helps! :-)

  13. Mark Thorson said:
    sarah bennett said:

    I'm actually thinking of buying my SIL a copy of her book. Whenever we
    talk about cooking, she complains about recipes that actually require
    her do anything but open a package; and she complains about the high
    cost of name-brand products but insists that her family won't eat
    anything but. I already gave her my thrifted copy of "the I hate to
    cookbook'- this seems like the modern day equivilant.

    Check out the book reviews on amazon.com. They are
    uniformly positive, except for a handful of professional
    Sandra-Lee-haters. Hope this helps! :-)

    i still think she sucks, but i really do think tose sort of "recipes"
    would encourage my SIL to get something other than fast food and
    delivery pizza on the table. eeech.

    --

    saerah

    "It's not a gimmick, it's an incentive."- asterbark, afca

    aware of the manifold possibilities of the future

    "I think there's a clause in the Shaman's and Jujumen's Local #57 Union
    contract that they have to have reciprocity for each other's shop rules."
    -König Prüß

  14. I think Sandra Lee has some good points. I liked her individual
    chicken pot pie ideas--I would have put them in a slightly larger cup.
    And her additions to the lemon cake were brilliant. As for the gadgety
    decorations, not to my taste. But she's attractive and has some good
    ideas.
    Nancree

  15. I think Sandra Lee has some good points. I liked her individual
    chicken pot pie ideas--I would have put them in a slightly larger cup.
    And her additions to the lemon cake were brilliant. As for the gadgety
    decorations, not to my taste. But she's attractive and has some good
    ideas.
    Nancree

  16. nancree said:

    I think Sandra Lee has some good points.

    Two of them?

  17. In article <[email hidden]>,

    dee said:

    OK folks, take this show for what it is. Total [censored] by a person who has
    somehow (I would venture to guess, by money, both she and her husband
    are multi-millionaires) gotten on the air. The mystery, as I see it,
    is, that despite no talent for cooking, no real ability to cook at all,
    she is still on FNTV. [...]

    I haven't had the joy of seeing this particular celebrity venture.
    But in a general sense, how does she differ from the Hilton moll?

    Cheers, Phred.

    --
    [email hidden]

  18. How does she differ from the Hilton Moll? I would guess, seperated at
    birth...both have the same characteristics, vapid, not quite as good
    looking as they think they are, if fact almost ugly; and, both, totally
    clueless, and, with no talent, well, maybe they have a talent, but,
    it's not one that will be visiable.

  19. dee said:

    How does she differ from the Hilton Moll? I would guess, seperated at
    birth...both have the same characteristics, vapid, not quite as good
    looking as they think they are, if fact almost ugly; and, both, totally
    clueless, and, with no talent, well, maybe they have a talent, but,
    it's not one that will be visiable.

    paris doesnt have wrinkles and man-hands yet. and she doesnt pretend
    that she can cook.

    --

    saerah

    "It's not a gimmick, it's an incentive."- asterbark, afca

    aware of the manifold possibilities of the future

    "I think there's a clause in the Shaman's and Jujumen's Local #57 Union
    contract that they have to have reciprocity for each other's shop rules."
    -König Prüß

  20. dee said:

    How does she differ from the Hilton Moll? I would guess, seperated at
    birth...both have the same characteristics, vapid, not quite as good
    looking as they think they are, if fact almost ugly; and, both, totally
    clueless, and, with no talent, well, maybe they have a talent, but,
    it's not one that will be visiable.

    paris doesnt have wrinkles and man-hands yet. and she doesnt pretend
    that she can cook.

    --

    saerah

    "It's not a gimmick, it's an incentive."- asterbark, afca

    aware of the manifold possibilities of the future

    "I think there's a clause in the Shaman's and Jujumen's Local #57 Union
    contract that they have to have reciprocity for each other's shop rules."
    -König Prüß

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.