Semi OT Sydor is cool

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Tritonrider

Some quotes and a link.
http://www.pedalmag.com/index.php?module=CustomPage&action=view&custompage _id=44

The end of February brought some special visitors to Vancouver. The first was my Trek/VW teammate
Sue Haywood, who came up to North Vancouver from her base in Tucson, Ariz., to do some ?technical
training? on the North Shore trails. Hot on her heels were members of the International Olympic
Committee (IOC) bid evaluation delegation, arriving to do their assessment on Vancouver/Whistler?s
worthiness to host the 2010 Olympic Winter Games.

I picked Sue up at the airport in the afternoon, and we made a quick stop at my house to unpack her
running shoes. Then we were off to Grouse Mountain for a trail run to the top. For the last third of
our run, we were in mid-shin-deep snow. I was not sure whether or not Sue enjoyed this first
Canadian training experience, but I was certain she enjoyed the hot chocolate with whipped cream on
the tram ride down the mountain.

The conditions on the first part of the descent were treacherous due to the snow and ice. As if this
was not enough to make Sue a tad nervous on her Shore debut, our bikes were the first Trek/VW team
bikes equipped with Shimano?s new 2003 XTR group. We?d been threatened with something nasty if we
damaged these machines. I had one small crash and instinctively threw my body under the bike so it
would have a soft landing. The team manager was very pleased when I told him about this. Actually,
he never even asked if I was OK!

The Alison and Alison show is great. Just wish Sydor rode 'cross to compete with Dunlap. Two great
riders who have a lot of fun too. Bill C

Status
Not open for further replies.