Senate Committee rules on USAC

Dlwyr2

Guest
Apr. 1, 2003 AP The US Senate Oversight and Waste Management Committee, as part of their ongoing
probe into the USOC and it practices, recommended today the dissolution of USA Cycling management.
The committee determined that the excessive waste, poor management and inability to serve the
membership at large was the determining factor.

A committee spokesman, speaking on condition of anonymity, said that the old boys network and
rampant back room deals are only allowed in Washington and that USAC had a duty to improve the
conditions of Cycling and bring in money and medals.

The Committee further stated that the recent flare-up over the World's selection team, where the
procedure was announced 2 months after the year started, was the last straw in an environment where
the VP of Marketing has no marketing experience, had not brought in a single new major sponsor, had
not helped create any events and used company time to play video games. He only had a job because
the good ol' boys had taken care of him.

The recent hiring of a new CEO, while at first looked promising, had turned into the same old back
room shuffle where Conflict of Interests are the rule of the day. A recent interview where he had
stated that it didn't even dawn on him that there might be a conflict of interest showed how out of
touch or stupid they must think our committee is. Senator John McClaine from Arizona has been very
outspoken with his criticism of the USOC and when he came across the fraud investigation of Thomas
Wheisal, he determined that there was something smelly at USAC.

"It's time to sweep out this type of corruption and return this Federation to its members, the
entire upper management needs to be kicked out on their butts! They are all in the pocket of Wheasal
and they do not seem to be advancing the sport in a positive direction. They sit on boards of
different groups within the sport they must interact (A direct violation of Conflict of Interest)
with. We are going to look at other sports in the near future and clean up the USOC bit by bit."

>Apr. 1, 2003 AP The US Senate Oversight and Waste Management Committee, as part of their ongoing
>probe into the USOC and it practices, recommended today the dissolution of USA Cycling management.

Nice.

JC

news:[email protected]...