Setting a trap for myself..

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by Mette, Feb 6, 2004.

  1. Mette

    Mette Guest

    Geeze.... I wake up all bloated, feeling that I am back to square one. I ate nearly a whole a bag of
    microwave popcorn last night - for dinner! Then I realized that I had had almost 10 points doing
    that! And 10 not very healthy points. 10 salty, water retaining, carb-filled points....

    I look in the mirror and "think" I see that I gained 5 lbs back overnight..sigh...

    I have only two days before WI and I haven't really been fantastic in my choice of food. I think I
    may be too slobby counting points...But OK. Today: water, water water to flush it all out!

    Tags:

  2. Have you examined why you are self sabotaging? Lee
    Mette <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Geeze.... I wake up all bloated, feeling that I am back to square one. I ate nearly
    > whole a bag of microwave popcorn last night - for dinner! Then I realized that I had had almost 10
    > points doing that! And 10 not very healthy
    points.
    > 10 salty, water retaining, carb-filled points....
    >
    > I look in the mirror and "think" I see that I gained 5 lbs back overnight..sigh...
    >
    > I have only two days before WI and I haven't really been fantastic in my choice of food. I think I
    > may be too slobby counting points...But OK.
    Today:
    > water, water water to flush it all out!

  3. Connie

    Connie Guest

    10 points? wow that must have been the buttered kind!!

    Connie

    --

    Cheers,

    Connie Walsh

    241.5/205.5/155 RAFL 210.5/205.5/198.5

    Mette wrote:
    > Geeze.... I wake up all bloated, feeling that I am back to square one. I ate nearly a whole a bag
    > of microwave popcorn last night - for dinner! Then I realized that I had had almost 10 points
    > doing that! And 10 not very healthy points. 10 salty, water retaining, carb-filled points....
    >
    > I look in the mirror and "think" I see that I gained 5 lbs back overnight..sigh...
    >
    > I have only two days before WI and I haven't really been fantastic in my choice of food. I think I
    > may be too slobby counting points...But OK. Today: water, water water to flush it all out!

  4. Boy, that must have been a high cal bag of popcorn - the one I use is only 2 points for the whole
    bag ;-D but I still have the salt issue with it. Just drink lost of extra water & hope that the
    scales will be kind to you. Elaine K

    Mette wrote:

    >Geeze.... I wake up all bloated, feeling that I am back to square one. I ate nearly a whole a bag
    >of microwave popcorn last night - for dinner! Then I realized that I had had almost 10 points doing
    >that! And 10 not very healthy points. 10 salty, water retaining, carb-filled points....
    >
    >I look in the mirror and "think" I see that I gained 5 lbs back overnight..sigh...
    >
    >I have only two days before WI and I haven't really been fantastic in my choice of food. I think I
    >may be too slobby counting points...But OK. Today: water, water water to flush it all out!

  5. Michelle Guy

    Michelle Guy Guest

    Pick your self up dust yourself off and start the new day, mistakes happen to all of us, but don't
    give up. Drink loads of water and try to get in some extra healthy stuff just to make up for it.
    Keep on looking forward. Michelle Ozzie in Switzerland

    WW WI 69.8 / 63.6 / 61kg 134 lbs

    On Wed, 4 Feb 2004 08:14:11 +0100, "Mette" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Geeze.... I wake up all bloated, feeling that I am back to square one. I ate nearly a whole a bag
    >of microwave popcorn last night - for dinner! Then I realized that I had had almost 10 points doing
    >that! And 10 not very healthy points. 10 salty, water retaining, carb-filled points....
    >
    >I look in the mirror and "think" I see that I gained 5 lbs back overnight..sigh...
    >
    >I have only two days before WI and I haven't really been fantastic in my choice of food. I think I
    >may be too slobby counting points...But OK. Today: water, water water to flush it all out!

  6. Joyce

    Joyce Guest

    hehehe - I see you moved away from the black bread though. <G> Save that popcorn for a snack if you
    want to share some of your daughters. Take/make the time to fix yourself a healthier and more
    filling meal when you come in from work. Then you won't be as apt to splurge on those nastier empty
    calorie items. I know you are pressed for time, but would it be an option for you to maybe spend a
    day of the week-end cooking items, then freezing them for quick reheatable nourishing meals?

    Joyce

    On Wed, 4 Feb 2004 08:14:11 +0100, "Mette" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Geeze.... I wake up all bloated, feeling that I am back to square one. I ate nearly a whole a bag
    >of microwave popcorn last night - for dinner! Then I realized that I had had almost 10 points doing
    >that! And 10 not very healthy points. 10 salty, water retaining, carb-filled points....
    >
    >I look in the mirror and "think" I see that I gained 5 lbs back overnight..sigh...
    >
    >I have only two days before WI and I haven't really been fantastic in my choice of food. I think I
    >may be too slobby counting points...But OK. Today: water, water water to flush it all out!

  7. Laura

    Laura Guest

    I was thinking the same thing. I only keep the 94% FF in our house for when I am having a
    munchy attack.

    "Connie" <[email protected]_primus.ca> wrote in message news:[email protected]_primus.ca...
    > 10 points? wow that must have been the buttered kind!!
    >
    > Connie
    >
    > --
    >
    > Cheers,
    >
    > Connie Walsh
    >
    > 241.5/205.5/155 RAFL 210.5/205.5/198.5
    >

    > Mette wrote:
    > > Geeze.... I wake up all bloated, feeling that I am back to square one. I ate
    nearly a
    > > whole a bag of microwave popcorn last night - for dinner! Then I
    realized
    > > that I had had almost 10 points doing that! And 10 not very healthy
    points.
    > > 10 salty, water retaining, carb-filled points....
    > >
    > > I look in the mirror and "think" I see that I gained 5 lbs back overnight..sigh...
    > >
    > > I have only two days before WI and I haven't really been fantastic in my choice of food. I think
    > > I may be too slobby counting points...But OK.
    Today:
    > > water, water water to flush it all out!

  8. Mette

    Mette Guest

    "Miss Violette" <[email protected]> skrev i en meddelelse
    news:[email protected]...
    > Have you examined why you are self sabotaging? Lee

    I didn't really mean to selfsabotage as I am very comitted. But I made the pop corn for my daughter
    and wanted to just grab a handful as I haven't had dinner yet (My daughter had dinner at my parents'
    house). And then one handful folled the next as we were playing a computer game...it was very
    filling though, but too much salt and too many carbs. So now, this is what I know to avoid. Just
    like I am no longer buying or eating chips. Because I can't handle it.

  9. Mette

    Mette Guest

    "Laura" <[email protected]> skrev i en meddelelse
    news:[email protected]...
    > I was thinking the same thing. I only keep the 94% FF in our house for
    when
    > I am having a munchy attack.

    Well - 450 kcal per 3 oz...

    In Denmark we don't have a lot of fat free varieties in snacks....

  10. You have examined it ant that is the point I wanted to make, You know you
    didn't sabotage, you just didn't have this experience yet. I can relate to
    this, I ate pizza last night, today is WI,,, Most large cheese is five
    points, and med. is three or four, We got Casey's pizza, a med. cheese, so I
    had half, I figured twelve to eighteen points max., NOOOOO I had to be
    accurate,,, went to website and that cost me twenty four points, it was
    wonderful, and satisfying but I won't make that mistake again, I will go
    back to a brand with fewer points. Good luck, Lee
    Mette <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...

    > "Miss Violette" <[email protected]> skrev i en meddelelse news:[email protected]
    > berlin.de...
    > > Have you examined why you are self sabotaging? Lee
    >
    > I didn't really mean to selfsabotage as I am very comitted. But I made the pop corn for my
    > daughter and wanted to just grab a handful as I haven't
    had
    > dinner yet (My daughter had dinner at my parents' house). And then one handful folled the next as
    > we were playing a computer game...it was very filling though, but too much salt and too many
    > carbs. So now, this is what
    > know to avoid. Just like I am no longer buying or eating chips. Because I can't handle it.

  11. Laura

    Laura Guest

    "Mette" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...

    > "Laura" <[email protected]> skrev i en meddelelse news:[email protected]
    > news.ops.worldnet.att.net...
    > > I was thinking the same thing. I only keep the 94% FF in our house for
    > when
    > > I am having a munchy attack.
    >
    > Well - 450 kcal per 3 oz...
    >
    > In Denmark we don't have a lot of fat free varieties in snacks....

    That's a shame. You should look into ordering food on the internet.

    Do they sell the popcorn kernals in the stores? Get a microwave popcorn maker or a hot air popcorn
    maker if you like popcorn.

    I try and make sure that I have low fat/low calorie snacks in the house at all times. I never know
    when the "munchies" will hit me.