shark fin PT sensor cyclocomputer mode

peterpen

Jul 29, 2003
Anybody have a secret for using the PT in cyclocomputer mode? Doing this for the first time with a new sharfin sensor and I can't get the damn thing to work. I can even hear the reed switch clicking when I manually wave the magnet back and forth past the sensor, but no reading on the CPU. I have it set up correctly in the CPU, just can't find the 'sweet spot' for magnet position.

Bit frustrating, since I have used cyclocomp mode sucessfully with the old sensor. Just had to make sure it was *very* close to the magnet.

I think you have to add a seperate magnet to the wheel.

peterpen said:
Anybody have a secret for using the PT in cyclocomputer mode? Doing this for the first time with a new sharfin sensor and I can't get the damn thing to work. I can even hear the reed switch clicking when I manually wave the magnet back and forth past the sensor, but no reading on the CPU. I have it set up correctly in the CPU, just can't find the 'sweet spot' for magnet position.

Bit frustrating, since I have used cyclocomp mode sucessfully with the old sensor. Just had to make sure it was *very* close to the magnet.

Display time on the bottom and wave the magnet in front of the sensor..does the time advance? I needed to glue a second magnet on top of my cateye magnet and bend the sensor pretty close in to get it to pickup. After that, no probs.

I display cadence in the middle, and usually switch it back to KMH in cyclecomputer mode.