Road Cycling · Public discussion

Shimano Cycling Sandals

Started by joekhul · · Last activity · 11 posts · 768 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Road Cycling
Published
29 May 2007
Last activity
16 December 2007
Original author
joekhul
Posts
11
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
768
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–11 of 11
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. I've noticed on the web and Performance Bike's catalogue, that Shimano
    cycling sandals are no longer offered, particulary the SH-SD60 which
    accepts the SPD cleats (though Shimano still shows this product on
    their website). Some of the dated online shop offerings, listed these
    sandals as 'closeout' items. And the deeper I dug, I found there
    appears to be NO type of cycling sandals offered of any brand. Has
    anyone else noticed this? Are there other brands of cycling sandals?

  2. joekhul wrote:
    :: I've noticed on the web and Performance Bike's catalogue, that
    :: Shimano cycling sandals are no longer offered, particulary the
    :: SH-SD60 which accepts the SPD cleats (though Shimano still shows
    :: this product on their website). Some of the dated online shop
    :: offerings, listed these sandals as 'closeout' items. And the deeper
    :: I dug, I found there appears to be NO type of cycling sandals
    :: offered of any brand. Has anyone else noticed this? Are there other
    :: brands of cycling sandals?

    I guess it depends on when you start looking. I recently bought the
    Shimanos from Nashbar....decided I didn't like them and sent them back.
    Then I ordered a pair of 2007 model Lake's (made by Shimano) which I have
    received. I like them better. I got them last Thursday and rode a century
    in them last Saturday, just to give you a time-table. I got them from
    thefitnessstore.com. Also, you can order them directly from the Lake
    website.

  3. Roger Zoul said:

    joekhul wrote:

    :: I've noticed on the web and Performance Bike's catalogue, that
    :: Shimano cycling sandals are no longer offered, particulary the
    :: SH-SD60 which accepts the SPD cleats (though Shimano still shows
    :: this product on their website). Some of the dated online shop
    :: offerings, listed these sandals as 'closeout' items. And the deeper
    :: I dug, I found there appears to be NO type of cycling sandals
    :: offered of any brand. Has anyone else noticed this? Are there other
    :: brands of cycling sandals?

    I guess it depends on when you start looking. I recently bought the
    Shimanos from Nashbar....decided I didn't like them and sent them back.
    Then I ordered a pair of 2007 model Lake's (made by Shimano) which I have
    received. I like them better. I got them last Thursday and rode a century
    in them last Saturday, just to give you a time-table. I got them from
    thefitnessstore.com. Also, you can order them directly from the Lake
    website.

    Thanks. I see the sandals now at the Nashbar site. (That's the one
    site I DIDN'T check!). And...they've actually got my size in stock--or
    so it appears. Thanks again.

  4. Roger Zoul said:

    joekhul wrote:

    :: I've noticed on the web and Performance Bike's catalogue, that
    :: Shimano cycling sandals are no longer offered, particulary the
    :: SH-SD60 which accepts the SPD cleats (though Shimano still shows
    :: this product on their website). Some of the dated online shop
    :: offerings, listed these sandals as 'closeout' items. And the deeper
    :: I dug, I found there appears to be NO type of cycling sandals
    :: offered of any brand. Has anyone else noticed this? Are there other
    :: brands of cycling sandals?

    I guess it depends on when you start looking. I recently bought the
    Shimanos from Nashbar....decided I didn't like them and sent them back.
    Then I ordered a pair of 2007 model Lake's (made by Shimano) which I have
    received. I like them better. I got them last Thursday and rode a century
    in them last Saturday, just to give you a time-table. I got them from
    thefitnessstore.com. Also, you can order them directly from the Lake
    website.

    Thanks. I see the sandals now at the Nashbar site. (That's the one
    site I DIDN'T check!). And...they've actually got my size in stock--or
    so it appears. Thanks again.

  5. http://www.google.com/products?q=cycling+sandals

  6. joekhul said:

    I've noticed on the web and Performance Bike's catalogue, that Shimano
    cycling sandals are no longer offered, particulary the SH-SD60 which
    accepts the SPD cleats (though Shimano still shows this product on
    their website). Some of the dated online shop offerings, listed these
    sandals as 'closeout' items. And the deeper I dug, I found there
    appears to be NO type of cycling sandals offered of any brand. Has
    anyone else noticed this? Are there other brands of cycling sandals?

    Lake.

    Matt O.

  7. joekhul said:

    I've noticed on the web and Performance Bike's catalogue, that Shimano
    cycling sandals are no longer offered, particulary the SH-SD60 which
    accepts the SPD cleats (though Shimano still shows this product on
    their website). Some of the dated online shop offerings, listed these
    sandals as 'closeout' items. And the deeper I dug, I found there
    appears to be NO type of cycling sandals offered of any brand. Has
    anyone else noticed this? Are there other brands of cycling sandals?

    I've been wearing Shimano sandals exclusively for the last 5 years and
    after this pair I'm using now I may have to revert to using some kind
    of SPD shoe as Shimano has changed the design of their sandals. They
    made them cheaper looking and more flexy in my opinion. Sorry can't
    provide pictures for comparison, but if you can buy a pair of the
    older design I'd snap them up as you'll definately balk at buying them
    with a crummier design and a higher price to boot!

  8. Found some pictures for comparison.

    http://www.cambriabike.com/Images/product/shimano_sd65_sandal.jpg
    (Bad)

    http://tinyurl.com/35fj53 (Good)

  9. In addition to the Lake sandals, Nashbar has a housebrand. I have both the
    Nashbar and the Lake sandals and there are things I like about both of them.
    The Nashbar sandals have a stiffer sole, but the cleat is buried a bit too
    deep - I had to cut away some of the tread around the cleat to be able to
    enter and exit easily from the cleats. The Nashbar sandal is a cheaper
    material and stiffer on tip. However, the Nashbar sole is more comfortable
    both for riding and walking.

    The Lake sole is too flexy - I had to add an insert to the shoe.

    "Matt O'Toole" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:
    joekhul said:

    I've noticed on the web and Performance Bike's catalogue, that Shimano
    cycling sandals are no longer offered, particulary the SH-SD60 which
    accepts the SPD cleats (though Shimano still shows this product on
    their website). Some of the dated online shop offerings, listed these
    sandals as 'closeout' items. And the deeper I dug, I found there
    appears to be NO type of cycling sandals offered of any brand. Has
    anyone else noticed this? Are there other brands of cycling sandals?

    Lake.

    Matt O.

  10. On Wed, 06 Jun 2007 19:21:49 -0700, Kenny <[email hidden]>

    Quoted message said:

    I've been wearing Shimano sandals exclusively for the last 5 years and
    after this pair I'm using now I may have to revert to using some kind
    of SPD shoe as Shimano has changed the design of their sandals. They
    made them cheaper looking and more flexy in my opinion.

    I agree - the new design is a step backwards.

  11. i do not use clips but really like the nashbar for walking

    peter

    "OldGirl" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    In addition to the Lake sandals, Nashbar has a housebrand. I have both
    the Nashbar and the Lake sandals and there are things I like about both of
    them. The Nashbar sandals have a stiffer sole, but the cleat is buried a
    bit too deep - I had to cut away some of the tread around the cleat to be
    able to enter and exit easily from the cleats. The Nashbar sandal is a
    cheaper material and stiffer on tip. However, the Nashbar sole is more
    comfortable both for riding and walking.

    The Lake sole is too flexy - I had to add an insert to the shoe.

    "Matt O'Toole" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:
    joekhul said:

    I've noticed on the web and Performance Bike's catalogue, that Shimano
    cycling sandals are no longer offered, particulary the SH-SD60 which
    accepts the SPD cleats (though Shimano still shows this product on
    their website). Some of the dated online shop offerings, listed these
    sandals as 'closeout' items. And the deeper I dug, I found there
    appears to be NO type of cycling sandals offered of any brand. Has
    anyone else noticed this? Are there other brands of cycling sandals?

    Lake.

    Matt O.

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.