I'm looking to upgrade my crank, and am not sure if there is a difference between the Shimano DeoareXt, and the Shimano XT. Are they they the same thing? Please help.
Mountain Bikes · Public discussion
Shimano Deore XT- Shimano XT is ther a difference?
Thread navigation
Jump through the discussion
Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.
Thread details
What we know about this thread
- Original section
- Mountain Bikes
- Published
- 22 June 2004
- Last activity
- 27 June 2004
- Original author
- taat2d
- Posts
- 18
- Discussion status
- Public discussion
- Total views
- 2,029
- Views / 30 days
- 0
- Topics
The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.
-
-
taat2d said:
I'm looking to upgrade my crank, and am not sure if there
is a difference between the Shimano DeoareXt, and the
Shimano XT. Are they they the same thing?Yup.
John M
-
taat2d said:
I'm looking to upgrade my crank
This is what's called "lobbing a softball".
Bill "too darned easy" S.
-
There is one small difference, the one has "Deore" in
it. But that's only when you read it. The parts are one
and the same.John Morgan said:
taat2d said:
I'm looking to upgrade my crank, and am not sure if there
is a difference between the Shimano DeoareXt, and the
Shimano XT. Are they they the same thing?Yup.
John M
-
On 2004-06-22, S o r n i penned:
Quoted message said:
taat2d said:
I'm looking to upgrade my crank
This is what's called "lobbing a softball".
Bill "too darned easy" S.
Indeed.
--
monique -
Quoted post said:
Originally posted by Monique Y. Muda
On 2004-06-22, S o r n i penned:Quoted message said:
taat2d said:
I'm looking to upgrade my crank
This is what's called "lobbing a softball".
Bill "too darned easy" S.
Indeed.
--
moniqueCan anyone help out a newbie? And maybe explain the differences for me?
-
taat2d said:
Monique Y. Muda said:
On 2004-06-22, S o r n i penned:
Quoted message said:
taat2d wrote:
> I'm looking to upgrade my crank
This is what's called "lobbing a softball".
Bill "too darned easy" S.
Indeed.
--
moniqueCan anyone help out a newbie? And maybe explain the
differences for me?Was there something about the word "none" that you didn't
quite get?Tom (just wondering)
-
On 2004-06-23, taat2d penned:
Quoted message said:
Monique Y. Muda said:
On 2004-06-22, S o r n i penned:
Quoted message said:
taat2d wrote:
> I'm looking to upgrade my crank
This is what's called "lobbing a softball".
Bill "too darned easy" S.
Indeed. -- moniqueCan anyone help out a newbie? And maybe explain the
differences for me?I think you missed the point of that little conversation.
Ask your local high school age friends what "crank" means in
their vernacular.--
monique -
In short. NO DIFFERENCE. People just get tired of
typing "Deore."taat2d said:
Monique Y. Muda said:
On 2004-06-22, S o r n i penned:
Quoted message said:
taat2d wrote:
> I'm looking to upgrade my crank
This is what's called "lobbing a softball".
Bill "too darned easy" S.
Indeed.
--
moniqueCan anyone help out a newbie? And maybe explain the
differences for me?--
-
Muskie said:
In short. NO DIFFERENCE. People just get tired of
typing "Deore."Deore Deore Deore Deore Deore Deore Deore Deore...
Hey, you're right!
Mark Hickey Habanero Cycles habcycles.comhabcycles.comOpen ↗ Home of
the $695 ti frame -
Mark Hickey said:
Muskie said:
In short. NO DIFFERENCE. People just get tired of typing
"Deore."Deore Deore Deore Deore Deore Deore Deore Deore...
Hey, you're right!
Very nice, Mark. (Although it probably should have been top-
posted for Muskie's benefit.)Bill "consistency" S.
-
"taat2d" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
"]news:[email hidden]...Quoted message said:
I'm looking to upgrade my crank, and am not sure if there
is a difference between the Shimano DeoareXt, and the
Shimano XT. Are they they the same thing? Please help.Illustrated Man:
Think of Shimano's mountain bike stuff as divided into three
levels: basic stuff that barely performs outdoors, stuff for
real mountain bikes, and stuff that's essentially for
racers. Anything with a "Deore" name anywhere, or anything
with a two-letter name, falls into the middle category.
These are the Deore, Deore LX (or just plain LX), and Deore
XT (or just plain XT) lines. Stuff like Acera is ultra low-
end, XTR is racer stuff.Now, I'll never race and I have a couple XTR parts on some
bikes, and one bike I just built mixed XTR and Deore. These
stratifications aren't crucial, and some of the comments I
made - mostly the "racers only" vibe - are generalizations
that are easy to find fault with. But, that's how I see the
product lines.Hope that helps.
Chris
-
Chris says:
<snip>
Quoted message said:
Stuff like Acera is ultra low-end,
Well, if you have it all over your bike (like what I do),
there is only "up" to go ;-)Steve "low end all the way (all yours, Sorni...)"
-
Stephen Baker said:
Chris says:
<snip>
Quoted message said:
Stuff like Acera is ultra low-end,
Well, if you have it all over your bike (like what I do),
there is only "up" to go ;-)Steve "low end all the way (all yours, Sorni...)"
Er, um... No thanks, SB!
Bill "ain'tgonnadait (a la GHWB)" S.
-
"S o r n i" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
"]news:[email hidden]...Quoted message said:
Stephen Baker said:
Chris says:
<snip>
Quoted message said:
Stuff like Acera is ultra low-end,
Well, if you have it all over your bike (like what I
do), there is only "up" to go ;-)Steve "low end all the way (all yours, Sorni...)"
Er, um... No thanks, SB!
Bill "ain'tgonnadait (a la GHWB)" S.
I think it would be quite prudent . . at this juncture.
-
"taat2d" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
"]news:[email hidden]...Quoted message said:
I'm looking to upgrade my crank, and am not sure if there
is a difference between the Shimano DeoareXt, and the
Shimano XT. Are they they the same thing? Please help.Although I believe that there is a difference in 2003 vs
2004, M750 vs M760Both of which are still available from some web vendors.
see Shimano.com, European website
YMMV
--
DTW .../\.../\.../\...I've spent most of my money on mountain biking and windsurfing.
The rest I've just wasted. -
D T W .../\... said:
"taat2d" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
"]news:[email hidden]...Quoted message said:
I'm looking to upgrade my crank, and am not sure if there
is a difference between the Shimano DeoareXt, and the
Shimano XT. Are they they the same thing? Please help.Although I believe that there is a difference in 2003 vs
2004, M750 vs M760Both of which are still available from some web vendors.
see Shimano.com, European website
YMMV
Ya had to throw that in, didn't ya. Just when we were
starting to make some progress here......Tom
-
Quoted post said:
Originally posted by Chris
"taat2d" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
"]news:[email hidden]...Quoted message said:
I'm looking to upgrade my crank, and am not sure if there
is a difference between the Shimano DeoareXt, and the
Shimano XT. Are they they the same thing? Please help.
Illustrated Man:
Think of Shimano's mountain bike stuff as divided into three
levels: basic stuff that barely performs outdoors, stuff for
real mountain bikes, and stuff that's essentially for
racers. Anything with a "Deore" name anywhere, or anything
with a two-letter name, falls into the middle category.
These are the Deore, Deore LX (or just plain LX), and Deore
XT (or just plain XT) lines. Stuff like Acera is ultra low-
end, XTR is racer stuff.
Now, I'll never race and I have a couple XTR parts on some
bikes, and one bike I just built mixed XTR and Deore. These
stratifications aren't crucial, and some of the comments I
made - mostly the "racers only" vibe - are generalizations
that are easy to find fault with. But, that's how I see the
product lines.
Hope that helps.
ChrisThanx Chris you explainedi t all very nicely for me.😄
Active in the last 60 minutes
Active in this thread
0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total
No signed-in users are active right now.
No known search crawlers active right now.