What are my options for shipping abike between cites in Australia? I would not want to go the way of dismantling and packing in a box - I am basicaly hoping a courier service will take the bike in the truck as is. Can anybody help?
Australia and New Zealand · Public discussion
Shipping bike between cities in Aus
Thread navigation
Jump through the discussion
Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.
Thread details
What we know about this thread
- Original section
- Australia and New Zealand
- Published
- 11 July 2006
- Last activity
- 12 July 2006
- Original author
- jur
- Posts
- 6
- Discussion status
- Public discussion
- Total views
- 534
- Views / 30 days
- 4
The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.
-
-
jur said:
What are my options for shipping abike between cites in Australia? I
would not want to go the way of dismantling and packing in a box - I am
basicaly hoping a courier service will take the bike in the truck as is.
Can anybody help?--
jurRide it! 🙂
-
jur said:
What are my options for shipping abike between cites in Australia? I
would not want to go the way of dismantling and packing in a boxWhy not? It's not hard. A bike shop will give you a box. They will even
pack it for a small fee. If you don't pack it you risk damage. If it's
not worth much, sell it for same and buy another at Crime Converters at
destination.Donga
-
quote='Donga'jur said:
What are my options for shipping abike between cites in Australia? I
would not want to go the way of dismantling and packing in a boxWhy not? It's not hard. A bike shop will give you a box. They will even
pack it for a small fee. If you don't pack it you risk damage. If it's
not worth much, sell it for same and buy another at Crime Converters at
destination.Donga[/QUOTE]
Hehe, this convo is starting to sound the same as the one on BV... That'll teach you for not providing much info in the OP :P -
"jur" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
news:[email hidden]...Quoted message said:
What are my options for shipping abike between cites in Australia? I
would not want to go the way of dismantling and packing in a box - I am
basicaly hoping a courier service will take the bike in the truck as is.
Can anybody help?A bike shop would be the only ones who can do that.
I just enquired about shipping a bike this morning - Australian Air Express
now have a flat $83 fee for bicycles from airport to airport only.
www.aae.com.au
Put it in a box, dump it at the depot, pick it up in next city.Gemm
-
jur said:
What are my options for shipping abike between cites in Australia? I would not want to go the way of dismantling and packing in a box - I am basicaly hoping a courier service will take the bike in the truck as is. Can anybody help?
Try freighting by bus. Would be up to you to package it securely. If sender and receiver are on bus route you are in. Do not know if they charge by weight or volume for a bike. Bike would go in the luggage bin under the bus.
I have never used them so I do not know how good the service is.Enquire at 1300 65 65 32
Cheers
Hugh
Active in the last 60 minutes
Active in this thread
0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total
No signed-in users are active right now.
No known search crawlers active right now.