shipping bike - international

porter1306

Jan 6, 2004
hi folks. looking to ship a bicycle, in a box, to cyprus (greece). think USPS is my best option, but i'm looking for some advice. i'm going to try to ship it this week, but i won't be in cyprus until april. budgetary constraints are salient, any suggestions would be most welcome.

thanks.

Originally posted by porter1306
hi folks. looking to ship a bicycle, in a box, to cyprus (greece). think USPS is my best option, but i'm looking for some advice. i'm going to try to ship it this week, but i won't be in cyprus until april. budgetary constraints are salient, any suggestions would be most welcome.

thanks.

I have travelled to Europe twice, with a tandem, in a full length case. Latest, in July 2003 to Germany. I suggest you just fly with the bike, most airlines allow the bike to fly free to international destinations. Pack it well, get to the airport early, smile a lot, be polite. No problems. Good Luck

Originally posted by Crosser
I have travelled to Europe twice, with a tandem, in a full length case. Latest, in July 2003 to Germany. I suggest you just fly with the bike, most airlines allow the bike to fly free to international destinations. Pack it well, get to the airport early, smile a lot, be polite. No problems. Good Luck
:rolleyes:

thanks so much for your email. i'm going to give it a try when we leave in april.

happy new year.

porter1306