rec.sport.unicycling · Public discussion

Short MUni ride in Seattle

Started by harper · · Last activity · 25 posts · 663 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
rec.sport.unicycling
Published
13 February 2006
Last activity
14 February 2006
Original author
harper
Posts
25
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
663
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–20 of 25
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. We had a short MUni ride in Seattle today with seven riders. John
    Childs, Tyler Cox, Steve DeKoekkoek, Greg Harper, George Pendergast,
    Pete Perron, and Jeff Sloan showed up for a few hours of trails, roots,
    rocks, and stunts. We started off with the distribution of a UDC order
    Pete placed for several of us. This saves shipping costs and Pete was
    kind enought to organize the order.

    At one point in the trail there was a steep up and down with a berm
    jump at the ends for bicycles. Pete and Tyler both layed down behind
    the berm on one side as a bicyclist consented to soar over them. All
    riding shorts remained dry for the startling experience. For some
    reason the bicyclist would not reciprocate when he saw our inability to
    soar quite as high or far as he.

    Tyler proved again to be a tough guy spraining his ankle toward the end
    of the ride and whining no more than any of the rest of us would. I was
    impressed with his sense of humor because he posted the group photo
    that he carefully set up with his camera timer. I ruined it for him by
    pushing him down right when the shutter opened, blurring him out of the
    shot, For some reason he wouldn't stand in front of me for the second
    shot. ' Tyler's photos are here.' (http://tinyurl.com/ctoh5) Steve and
    Jeff took a few photos and videos, also, and hopefully they will
    provide links to them.

    Tyler also found out that protective gear is useful for this type of
    ride. He fell hard in some playground equipment by the parking lot
    right in front of his dad. Some 661 arm pads would have been helpful
    there. He had legs and a helmet but no gloves or arms. I think it was
    Tyler's first group MUni ride and he may be hooked.

    --
    harper

    -Greg Harper

    B L U E S H I F T

    *jc is the only main man. there can be no other.*

    This is still my nth post....*AWESOME!!!*
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    harper's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/426
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/46915

  2. Hey man, looks like a lot of fun, maybe one i get better with muni and
    get a new unicycle ill be able to come with ya, seeing how we live
    about 6 hours away from each other lol

    --
    Jerrick
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Jerrick's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11632
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/46915

  3. Jerrick said:

    Hey man, looks like a lot of fun, maybe one i get better with muni and
    get a new unicycle ill be able to come with ya, seeing how we live
    about 6 hours away from each other lol

    You're always welcome. We have spare MUnis of different styles and
    sizes to loan. See if James Potter (Michael Atkinson) can carpool with
    you. He's somewhere in Idaho I believe might be close to Spokane.

    --
    harper

    -Greg Harper

    B L U E S H I F T

    *jc is the only main man. there can be no other.*

    This is still my nth post....*AWESOME!!!*
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    harper's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/426
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/46915

  4. harper said:

    ' Tyler's photos are here.' (http://tinyurl.com/ctoh5)

    Nice photos.

    What's with all the green leaves and grass? Where's all the snow?

    --
    Wheel Rider

    A man can fail many times but he isn't a failure until he begins to
    blame someone else. - Waite Phillips
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Wheel Rider's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10656
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/46915

  5. harper said:

    ...He had legs and a helmet but no gloves or arms...

    Yea, I losted them arms in 'Nam. Almost got some genitalia shot off,
    but I gone dun prevented that thar with my 661 "Cup" Guard.

    --
    UniTyler

    Part of the Muni ComMUNIty
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    UniTyler's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6120
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/46915

  6. harper said:

    You're always welcome. We have spare MUnis of different styles and sizes
    to loan. See if James Potter (Michael Atkinson) can carpool with you.
    He's somewhere in Idaho I believe might be close to Spokane.

    its kinda close to Spokane, about an hour away. it'd be fun to come
    ride with you guys.

    --
    James_Potter

    i still believe that all you need is love...john lennon

    mikael atkinson
    mdotedotatkinsonatgmaildotcom
    President of the '_MRIS_' (http://tinyurl.com/dk2de)
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    James_Potter's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3807
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/46915

  7. My pics are 'here.' (http://tinyurl.com/dgv2p) after three failed tries
    to upload. 😠

    Got to get to work, post ride comments later.

    --
    UniBrier

    Steve

    Hop Drop & Roll

    “If something is to hard to do, then it's not worth doing. You just
    stick that guitar in the closet next to your
    shortwave radio, your karate outfit and your unicycle and we'll go
    inside and watch TV.” – Homer
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    UniBrier's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/1404
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/46915

  8. That looks like a total blast. And that forest terrain is gorgeous.
    Gotta love illustrated Muni trip reports! Keep 'em coming.

    JL

    --
    vivalargo
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    vivalargo's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/5625
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/46915

  9. Jerrick said:

    Hey man, looks like a lot of fun, maybe one i get better with muni and
    get a new unicycle ill be able to come with ya, seeing how we live
    about 6 hours away from each other lol

    You wouldn't need a new unicycle to push Tyler down.

    --
    bugman

    *-NAUCC 2006 -*
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    bugman's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3812
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/46915

  10. harper said:

    You're always welcome. We have spare MUnis of different styles and sizes
    to loan. See if James Potter (Michael Atkinson) can carpool with you.
    He's somewhere in Idaho I believe might be close to Spokane.

    yea you think i could come to because i live right across form
    jerrick(we are neighbors..)

    --
    dragonking1990
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    dragonking1990's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11613
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/46915

  11. 😕

    James_Potter said:

    its kinda close to Spokane, about an hour away. it'd be fun to come
    ride with you guys.

    ok sorry bout my last post i mise well just ask you i live across form
    jerrick and he was telling me about it and i was wondering if i could
    come too?

    --
    dragonking1990
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    dragonking1990's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11613
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/46915

  12. On 'THIS' (http://tinyurl.com/a5bxt) pic, you said I bailed. I actually
    landed that, it just doesn't look like it. And on the one where I fell
    and hurt my ankle, well I decided to bail just beacuse I was too good
    for that log. C'mon people, what do you think I am - a human or
    something? 😉

    --
    UniTyler

    Part of the Muni ComMUNIty
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    UniTyler's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6120
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/46915

  13. I'll come too, after I get my DX. I'm only 2203.13 miles away.

    --
    dudewithasock

    'My Unicycling Journal'
    (http://www.unicyclist.com/forums/showthread.php?t=44950)
    officially ended - currently in the process of preparing it for my free
    webspace.
    😎
    'MR - Reply 40,000' (http://tinyurl.com/dwwy5)
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    dudewithasock's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10900
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/46915

  14. dragonking1990 said:

    yea you think i could come to because i live right across form
    jerrick(we are neighbors..)

    yeah, lets have a Pacific Northwest MUni Weekend!!

    --
    James_Potter

    i still believe that all you need is love...john lennon

    mikael atkinson
    mdotedotatkinsonatgmaildotcom
    President of the '_MRIS_' (http://tinyurl.com/dk2de)
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    James_Potter's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3807
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/46915

  15. Yeah, you shoud all come to Montana!

    --
    forrestunifreak

    I do not believe in computer programers.
    'My gallery' (http://tinyurl.com/bbf9x)

    "If I am ever that good I will be in a constant state of crapping my
    pants." ~ koebwil
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    forrestunifreak's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6828
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/46915

  16. looked like a very fun ride

    --
    habbywall

    'Nick.Jantz' (http://www.nickjantz.2ya.com)
    BUY TORKER UNICYCLES FOR NO APPERANT REASON
    *PM about advertising here! kristine did it! you should too!
    I LOVE JONNY-HE'S SOOOOOOOOO COOOOL*
    '\"Ninjas. Unicycles. Yeah.\" Shirts are out!'
    (http://tinyurl.com/954wy)
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    habbywall's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10260
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/46915

  17. James_Potter said:

    yeah, lets have a Pacific Northwest MUni Weekend!!

    id love to come i dont have a muini but i do have 2 uni's
    i have a old torker unistar lx 20 inch and a torker 5 fotter

    oooooooooooooooo muni-ing on a gerif sooooooooooo fun😄

    --
    dragonking1990
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    dragonking1990's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11613
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/46915

  18. UniTyler said:

    Yea, I losted them arms in 'Nam. Almost got some genitalia shot off,
    but I gone dun prevented that thar with my 661 "Cup" Guard.

    hey um where exactly is that place in the pic im looking for place to
    go and ride but i dont no any place kool😕

    --
    dragonking1990
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    dragonking1990's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11613
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/46915

  19. hmm did it work

    im trying to change my name form dragonking1990

    --
    dragonking1990
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    dragonking1990's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11613
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/46915

  20. dragonking1990 said:

    id love to come i dont have a muini but i do have 2 uni's
    i have a old torker unistar lx 20 inch and a torker 5 fotter

    oooooooooooooooo muni-ing on a gerif sooooooooooo fun😄

    I actually don't have a muni either...I have a 20" trials, and a Coker.
    and a BC wheel....

    --
    James_Potter

    i still believe that all you need is love...john lennon

    mikael atkinson
    mdotedotatkinsonatgmaildotcom
    President of the '_MRIS_' (http://tinyurl.com/dk2de)
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    James_Potter's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3807
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/46915

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.