It's a staple at our house, partly because we like it in its own right and partly because I can't really find a good white wine vinegar (non-Basalmic) recently.
It's a staple at our house, partly because we like it in its own right and partly because I can't really find a good white wine vinegar (non-Basalmic) recently.
Steve
There is 'sherry vinegar' - all prices - if you haven't tried them
It's a staple at our house, partly because we like it in its own right and partly because I can't really find a good white wine vinegar (non-Basalmic) recently.
How strange you should say that, I ran out of white wine vinegar and haven't had any luck finding a decent one. Even checked at Whole Foods. Finally bought some just yesterday, Colavita brand. For whatever reason, all the stores I tried and no selection aside from Heinz. Weird. They all had plenty of balsamic vinegars, but that's not what I was looking for.
I liked the Alessi brand I had before. Can't find it.
On Tue, 1 May 2007 08:47:55 -0400, "Nancy Young" <[email hidden]>
Quoted message said:
"Steve Pope" <[email hidden]> wrote
Quoted message said:
It's a staple at our house, partly because we like it in its own right and partly because I can't really find a good white wine vinegar (non-Basalmic) recently.
How strange you should say that, I ran out of white wine vinegar and haven't had any luck finding a decent one. Even checked at Whole Foods. Finally bought some just yesterday, Colavita brand. For whatever reason, all the stores I tried and no selection aside from Heinz. Weird. They all had plenty of balsamic vinegars, but that's not what I was looking for.
I liked the Alessi brand I had before. Can't find it.
Needed to pick up some stuff for dinner, and while I was there...
Quoted message said:
TJ's gold quality balsamic $3.99
TJ's basic whole white supermarket mushrooms - $1.69 for 8 ounces. Whole Foods was $2.99. Quality is comparable, although the WF mushrooms were cleaner.