Australia and New Zealand · Public discussion

Sicko stalking Brissy bike paths

Started by OzCableguy · · Last activity · 14 posts · 866 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Australia and New Zealand
Published
5 May 2006
Last activity
10 May 2006
Original author
OzCableguy
Posts
14
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
866
Views / 30 days
0
Topics

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–14 of 14
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. http://www.couriermail.news.com.au/story/0,20797,19033994-5003402,00.html

    POLICE are searching for a serial molester who has sexually assaulted a
    number of women on Brisbane's bike tracks.

    The attacks started earlier this year across inner-city bike paths in Kelvin
    Grove, Fortitude Valley and Bowen Hills as well as at Ashgrove, in
    Brisbane's west, police said.

    The man was wearing distinctive red hibiscus floral boardshorts during many
    of the the attacks.

    The latest attack occurred about 2.30pm on April 21 when a woman was jogging
    on a bike path near Downey Park at Wilston, in Brisbane's northern suburbs.

    Police say the offender rode past the woman on a dark coloured mountain
    bike, then a short time later approached her from behind while still on the
    bike and grabbed her breasts.

    Another unidentified male cyclist attempted to stop the man, who was last
    seen riding towards nearby Downey Park.

    The attacker is described as 25-years-old, 175cm tall, of proportionate
    build, with olive complexion, brown scruffy hair and clean shaven.

    He was wearing white board shorts with a black stripe and black triangle
    pattern on the rear and carrying a blue backpack.

    --
    www.ozcableguy.com
    www.oztechnologies.com

  2. OzCableguy said:

    http://www.couriermail.news.com.au/story/0,20797,19033994-5003402,00.html

    POLICE are searching for a serial molester who has sexually assaulted a
    number of women on Brisbane's bike tracks.

    Tam, Lotte, do you wanna give this crunt a karmic serve of justice? Not that we're supporting vigilantism or anything .. 😠

  3. cfsmtb said:
    OzCableguy said:

    http://tinyurl.com/q9gnw

    POLICE are searching for a serial molester who has sexually assaulted
    a
    number of women on Brisbane's bike tracks.

    Tam, Lotte, do you wanna give this crunt a karmic serve of justice? Not
    that we're supporting vigilantism or anything .. 😠

    I'll come. You won't need your shottie, Lotte - I'll bring my Zefal
    frame pump!!

    Donga

  4. Donga said:

    I'll come. You won't need your shottie, Lotte - I'll bring my Zefal
    frame pump!!


    Thankfully, I'm in the southern suburbs. That said, I wouldn't want to be the poor [censored] who decides to [censored] with me. You see, my breasts are actually rocket launchers.

    Lotte

  5. LotteBum said:


    Donga said:

    I'll come. You won't need your shottie, Lotte - I'll bring my Zefal
    frame pump!!


    Thankfully, I'm in the southern suburbs. That said, I wouldn't want to
    be the poor [censored] who decides to [censored] with me. You see, my breasts are
    actually rocket launchers.

    So you're a femmebot, then! That explains a very great deal ...

    --
    My Usenet From: address now expires after two weeks. If you email me, and
    the mail bounces, try changing the bit before the "@ to usenet".

  6. Stuart Lamble said:

    So you're a femmebot, then! That explains a very great deal ...


    Like why Paulie is scared of me?

  7. LotteBum said:

    Thankfully, I'm in the southern suburbs. That said, I wouldn't want to be the poor [censored] who decides to [censored] with me. You see, my breasts are actually rocket launchers.

    Lotte

    I just hope you have safety catches so they don't launch accidentally..

    SteveA

  8. SteveA said:


    LotteBum said:

    Thankfully, I'm in the southern suburbs. That said, I wouldn't want to
    be the poor [censored] who decides to [censored] with me. You see, my breasts are
    actually rocket launchers.

    Lotte

    I just hope you have safety catches so they don't launch accidentally..

    That's why I'm always scared to ride in front of Lotte...

    Then again, I'm scared to wheelsuck her too...

    If I find the fscker I'll throw him in the river.

    Tam

  9. SteveA said:

    I just hope you have safety catches so they don't launch accidentally..


    Some call it a bra.

  10. Tamyka Bell said:
    SteveA said:


    LotteBum said:

    Thankfully, I'm in the southern suburbs. That said, I wouldn't want
    to be the poor [censored] who decides to [censored] with me. You see, my
    breasts are actually rocket launchers.

    Lotte

    I just hope you have safety catches so they don't launch
    accidentally..

    That's why I'm always scared to ride in front of Lotte...

    Then again, I'm scared to wheelsuck her too...

    If I find the fscker I'll throw him in the river.

    Tam

    Hope they catch him soon. I must say I cycled home from Toowong to Chandler
    last night a little faster than usual on the bike paths along the river
    .....

    Karen

    --
    "I'd far rather be happy than right any day."
    - Slartibartfast

  11. Karen Gallagher said:


    Tamyka Bell said:
    SteveA said:


    LotteBum Wrote:
    > Thankfully, I'm in the southern suburbs. That said, I wouldn't want
    > to be the poor [censored] who decides to [censored] with me. You see, my
    > breasts are actually rocket launchers.
    >
    > Lotte

    I just hope you have safety catches so they don't launch
    accidentally..

    That's why I'm always scared to ride in front of Lotte...

    Then again, I'm scared to wheelsuck her too...

    If I find the fscker I'll throw him in the river.

    Tam

    Hope they catch him soon. I must say I cycled home from Toowong to Chandler
    last night a little faster than usual on the bike paths along the river
    ....

    Karen

    I used to live at Toowong. On Wednesday nights I had trapeze training at
    New Farm. I used to ride home. Once I tried along the river (back when
    the path on the north bank was shut near Riverside, I used to go through
    KP and over the Story Bridge). After having dodgy looking characters
    yelling at me, I took to heading back along the main city streets, where
    it was well lit and moderately trafficked. A few years ago a guy was
    thrown from his bike and bashed and thrown in the river. Lovely people
    hang out there at night.

    Which way do you ride to Chandler? Do you head up Vulture St? I find
    that when I leave uni after about 5:45pm, Coro Dr is fine to ride along,
    as the traffic is moving at about 45km/h and it pretty much just sucks
    me along right up to the William Jolly Bridge. If you ever want someone
    to share the effort or make more of a presence in the traffic, email me.

    Tam

  12. Tamyka Bell said:
    Karen Gallagher said:


    Tamyka Bell said:

    SteveA wrote:
    >
    > LotteBum Wrote:
    >> Thankfully, I'm in the southern suburbs. That said, I wouldn't
    >> want to be the poor [censored] who decides to [censored] with me. You see,
    >> my breasts are actually rocket launchers.
    >>
    >> Lotte
    >
    > I just hope you have safety catches so they don't launch
    > accidentally..

    That's why I'm always scared to ride in front of Lotte...

    Then again, I'm scared to wheelsuck her too...

    If I find the fscker I'll throw him in the river.

    Tam

    Hope they catch him soon. I must say I cycled home from Toowong to
    Chandler last night a little faster than usual on the bike paths
    along the river ....

    Karen

    I used to live at Toowong. On Wednesday nights I had trapeze training
    at New Farm. I used to ride home. Once I tried along the river (back
    when the path on the north bank was shut near Riverside, I used to go
    through KP and over the Story Bridge). After having dodgy looking
    characters yelling at me, I took to heading back along the main city
    streets, where it was well lit and moderately trafficked. A few years
    ago a guy was thrown from his bike and bashed and thrown in the
    river. Lovely people hang out there at night.

    Which way do you ride to Chandler? Do you head up Vulture St? I find
    that when I leave uni after about 5:45pm, Coro Dr is fine to ride
    along, as the traffic is moving at about 45km/h and it pretty much
    just sucks me along right up to the William Jolly Bridge. If you
    ever want someone to share the effort or make more of a presence in
    the traffic, email me.

    Tam

    Hi Tam,

    I use the bike track as much as possible - Coro Dr, Goodwill Br, Freeway
    track to O'Keefe St then straight down Old Cleveland Rd. The bike tracks
    (especially alongside the freeway) are very dark and not safe to ride at
    speed at night, but still safer when riding alone than arguing with the
    buses & trucks.

    Not sure I'm in your league - it'd be a very slow ride for you (I'd estimate
    I'm twice your age at least), I'm just getting used to my new (to me) second
    hand road bike, bought an Avanti Corsa in the end, and still getting used to
    having a lovely, lively ride again, even though it has not got the lower
    gear range that my hybrid does.

    That night I was riding home after running with the Hash House Harriers, so
    it's not a regular ride for me. But I do ride into Brisbane several times a
    week, usually in daytime when it's very different.

    Karen

    --
    "I'd far rather be happy than right any day."
    - Slartibartfast

  13. Karen Gallagher said:


    Tamyka Bell said:
    Karen Gallagher said:


    Tamyka Bell wrote:
    > SteveA wrote:
    >>
    >> LotteBum Wrote:
    >>> Thankfully, I'm in the southern suburbs. That said, I wouldn't
    >>> want to be the poor [censored] who decides to [censored] with me. You see,
    >>> my breasts are actually rocket launchers.
    >>>
    >>> Lotte
    >>
    >> I just hope you have safety catches so they don't launch
    >> accidentally..
    >
    > That's why I'm always scared to ride in front of Lotte...
    >
    > Then again, I'm scared to wheelsuck her too...
    >
    > If I find the fscker I'll throw him in the river.
    >
    > Tam

    Hope they catch him soon. I must say I cycled home from Toowong to
    Chandler last night a little faster than usual on the bike paths
    along the river ....

    Karen

    I used to live at Toowong. On Wednesday nights I had trapeze training
    at New Farm. I used to ride home. Once I tried along the river (back
    when the path on the north bank was shut near Riverside, I used to go
    through KP and over the Story Bridge). After having dodgy looking
    characters yelling at me, I took to heading back along the main city
    streets, where it was well lit and moderately trafficked. A few years
    ago a guy was thrown from his bike and bashed and thrown in the
    river. Lovely people hang out there at night.

    Which way do you ride to Chandler? Do you head up Vulture St? I find
    that when I leave uni after about 5:45pm, Coro Dr is fine to ride
    along, as the traffic is moving at about 45km/h and it pretty much
    just sucks me along right up to the William Jolly Bridge. If you
    ever want someone to share the effort or make more of a presence in
    the traffic, email me.

    Tam

    Hi Tam,

    I use the bike track as much as possible - Coro Dr, Goodwill Br, Freeway
    track to O'Keefe St then straight down Old Cleveland Rd. The bike tracks
    (especially alongside the freeway) are very dark and not safe to ride at
    speed at night, but still safer when riding alone than arguing with the
    buses & trucks.

    Not sure I'm in your league - it'd be a very slow ride for you (I'd estimate
    I'm twice your age at least), I'm just getting used to my new (to me) second
    hand road bike, bought an Avanti Corsa in the end, and still getting used to
    having a lovely, lively ride again, even though it has not got the lower
    gear range that my hybrid does.

    That night I was riding home after running with the Hash House Harriers, so
    it's not a regular ride for me. But I do ride into Brisbane several times a
    week, usually in daytime when it's very different.

    Karen

    It's no problem, I remember being new to the road bike too. I find Coro
    Dr bikeway nice when it's not too busy, and often use it instead of Coro
    Dr. But if Coro Dr is only a little backed up, it is quite safe as long
    as you claim a lane. It's especially easy whenever you go in the
    direction that has the virtually untrafficked T3 lane.

    Be especially careful on the bikeway near Vulture St in the wet - Abby
    and I have both come off here. I guess one of the things I don't like is
    the high fencing on both sides of the bikeway in places. I feel a bit
    trapped - especially significant in light of recent sicko. On the road,
    if someone was to drive straight at me or try to grab me, at least I
    could have a go at jumping the kerb, etc.

    O'Keefe St is where Abby and I get off the bikeway and we would go Logan
    Rd from there. If ever you find yourself with not enough front light,
    consider heading up Vulture St. You can keep far left (even turning
    lanes, as there is edge line on the far side of the intersection) and
    then turn right at Latrobe St, and follow either the back streets or
    Wellington Rd down onto Logan Rd. It is very well lit even in the worst
    of weather and you'll find that as soon as Vulture St gets any traffic
    it suddenly gets slow, so you'll be faster than the other traffic, which
    makes claiming a lane very easy.

    Anyway, offer still stands, I'm sure Abby also wouldn't mind the trip
    from the CBD out if you'd like company while you're getting used to the
    roadie.

    Tam

  14. Tamyka Bell said:
    Karen Gallagher said:


    Tamyka Bell said:

    Karen Gallagher wrote:
    >
    > Tamyka Bell wrote:
    >> SteveA wrote:
    >>>
    >>> LotteBum Wrote:
    >>>> Thankfully, I'm in the southern suburbs. That said, I wouldn't
    >>>> want to be the poor [censored] who decides to [censored] with me. You see,
    >>>> my breasts are actually rocket launchers.
    >>>>
    >>>> Lotte
    >>>
    >>> I just hope you have safety catches so they don't launch
    >>> accidentally..
    >>
    >> That's why I'm always scared to ride in front of Lotte...
    >>
    >> Then again, I'm scared to wheelsuck her too...
    >>
    >> If I find the fscker I'll throw him in the river.
    >>
    >> Tam
    >
    > Hope they catch him soon. I must say I cycled home from Toowong to
    > Chandler last night a little faster than usual on the bike paths
    > along the river ....
    >
    > Karen

    I used to live at Toowong. On Wednesday nights I had trapeze
    training at New Farm. I used to ride home. Once I tried along the
    river (back when the path on the north bank was shut near
    Riverside, I used to go through KP and over the Story Bridge).
    After having dodgy looking characters yelling at me, I took to
    heading back along the main city streets, where it was well lit and
    moderately trafficked. A few years ago a guy was thrown from his
    bike and bashed and thrown in the river. Lovely people hang out
    there at night.

    Which way do you ride to Chandler? Do you head up Vulture St? I find
    that when I leave uni after about 5:45pm, Coro Dr is fine to ride
    along, as the traffic is moving at about 45km/h and it pretty much
    just sucks me along right up to the William Jolly Bridge. If you
    ever want someone to share the effort or make more of a presence in
    the traffic, email me.

    Tam

    Hi Tam,

    I use the bike track as much as possible - Coro Dr, Goodwill Br,
    Freeway track to O'Keefe St then straight down Old Cleveland Rd. The
    bike tracks (especially alongside the freeway) are very dark and not
    safe to ride at speed at night, but still safer when riding alone
    than arguing with the buses & trucks.

    Not sure I'm in your league - it'd be a very slow ride for you (I'd
    estimate I'm twice your age at least), I'm just getting used to my
    new (to me) second hand road bike, bought an Avanti Corsa in the
    end, and still getting used to having a lovely, lively ride again,
    even though it has not got the lower gear range that my hybrid does.

    That night I was riding home after running with the Hash House
    Harriers, so it's not a regular ride for me. But I do ride into
    Brisbane several times a week, usually in daytime when it's very
    different.

    Karen

    It's no problem, I remember being new to the road bike too. I find
    Coro Dr bikeway nice when it's not too busy, and often use it instead
    of Coro Dr. But if Coro Dr is only a little backed up, it is quite
    safe as long as you claim a lane. It's especially easy whenever you
    go in the direction that has the virtually untrafficked T3 lane.

    Be especially careful on the bikeway near Vulture St in the wet - Abby
    and I have both come off here. I guess one of the things I don't like
    is the high fencing on both sides of the bikeway in places. I feel a
    bit trapped - especially significant in light of recent sicko. On the
    road, if someone was to drive straight at me or try to grab me, at
    least I could have a go at jumping the kerb, etc.

    O'Keefe St is where Abby and I get off the bikeway and we would go
    Logan Rd from there. If ever you find yourself with not enough front
    light, consider heading up Vulture St. You can keep far left (even
    turning lanes, as there is edge line on the far side of the
    intersection) and then turn right at Latrobe St, and follow either
    the back streets or Wellington Rd down onto Logan Rd. It is very
    well lit even in the worst of weather and you'll find that as soon as
    Vulture St gets any traffic it suddenly gets slow, so you'll be
    faster than the other traffic, which makes claiming a lane very easy.

    Anyway, offer still stands, I'm sure Abby also wouldn't mind the trip
    from the CBD out if you'd like company while you're getting used to
    the roadie.

    Tam

    Thanks Tam, I'll give the Vulture St route a try tomorrow, have to go to
    the Mater in the morning, then Toowong, then home again so it'll be in
    daylight too.

    The offer is very much appreciated, too, by the way - not many want to ride
    with an over-competitive 58 year old these days 🙂

    Karen

    --
    "I'd far rather be happy than right any day."
    - Slartibartfast

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.