Time to replace my old Sidis Genius 5.5 which I love. Should I go for the Genius 6.6 or pay a bit extra for the Ergos? Are the caliper closure and techno buckle on the Ergo worth having or are they just gimmicks?
Cycling Equipment · Public discussion
Sidi Ergo vs Genius 6.6
Thread navigation
Jump through the discussion
Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.
Thread details
What we know about this thread
- Original section
- Cycling Equipment
- Published
- 29 August 2008
- Last activity
- 31 August 2008
- Original author
- scirocco
- Posts
- 8
- Discussion status
- Public discussion
- Total views
- 3,270
- Views / 30 days
- 0
The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.
-
-
scirocco said:
Time to replace my old Sidis Genius 5.5 which I love. Should I go for the Genius 6.6 or pay a bit extra for the Ergos? Are the caliper closure and techno buckle on the Ergo worth having or are they just gimmicks?
Energy 2 Carbon Composite, no velcro bands that can`t be replaced when they break.
-
scirocco said:
Time to replace my old Sidis Genius 5.5 which I love. Should I go for the Genius 6.6 or pay a bit extra for the Ergos? Are the caliper closure and techno buckle on the Ergo worth having or are they just gimmicks?
Wow-Did you wear them out? I still have a set of Genius 2 shoes going strong after at least 10 years. -
scirocco said:
Time to replace my old Sidis Genius 5.5 which I love. Should I go for the Genius 6.6 or pay a bit extra for the Ergos? Are the caliper closure and techno buckle on the Ergo worth having or are they just gimmicks?
Try them on. For me, I have found that the Ergos are too narrow, by a lot, such that I simply could not find a reasonable size that would fit comfortably. Of course, your feet may be different, but the point is the two types of shoes have very different fit. -
Dietmar said:
Try them on. For me, I have found that the Ergos are too narrow, by a lot, such that I simply could not find a reasonable size that would fit comfortably. Of course, your feet may be different, but the point is the two types of shoes have very different fit.
Dietmar, are you aware of the Sidi "mega" line of shoes that are wider to address this issue?
-
scirocco said:
Time to replace my old Sidis Genius 5.5 which I love. Should I go for the Genius 6.6 or pay a bit extra for the Ergos? Are the caliper closure and techno buckle on the Ergo worth having or are they just gimmicks?
After six years of hard use one of the velcro straps on one of shoes is beginning to self destruct. I would probably spend a bit more money for the new fangled closures, also keeping in mind that all the bits and pieces are available as spares to rebuild them if need be.
-
Powerful Pete said:
Dietmar, are you aware of the Sidi "mega" line of shoes that are wider to address this issue?
Interesting, and no, I was not aware of these. Are you saying that you can get the Ergos in a "mega" variety? Because the Genius ones I have now fit fine, it's just the Ergos I had problems with. -
Dietmar said:
Interesting, and no, I was not aware of these. Are you saying that you can get the Ergos in a "mega" variety? Because the Genius ones I have now fit fine, it's just the Ergos I had problems with.
Yes, unless I am mistaken all sidis come in 'regular' and 'mega', the latter meant to address the exact issue that you have.
Active in the last 60 minutes
Active in this thread
0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total
No signed-in users are active right now.
No known search crawlers active right now.