Sizing question on hybrid fitness bike?

jrstudman81

Banned
Aug 18, 2011
Looking to get the specialized sirrus limited fitness hybrid bike, which by the way is faster or just as fast as a road bike, no matter what you people say! My dimensions our 5 foot 9 inches inseam/leg length 29inches, so what I be a large frame or what? which would be 19-20inches or 17-18inches.

If you want to believe that a "specialized sirrus limited fitness hybrid bike...is faster or just as fast as a road bike" then go right ahead. Beliefs, unfortunately, are not assailable by fact or reason.

I think you're a medium frame but a bike shop would be able to tell you better. As far as faster? Depends on who's peddling. But keep this in mind, if you're on a hybrid, you're sitting up taller creating more wind resistance. If you're on a road bike you are more aerodynamic. Figure out the rest on your own. I made the switch to road bike and instantly my avg. mph was up 2.5.

I was riding in the park today and many hybrid out there... they dont have a change against my road bike unless they pedal like no tomorrow! Is going to be hard to keep up with a road bike... that's my take...