SL-R440 shifter indicator

ButtKrak

Oct 2, 2005
Doesn't line up with the gears. There are 9 markings, 1 for each cassette ring, but the middle one is ring 4 instead of 5 with the 3 lower rings spreading to the right and 5 higher to the left. Are they all like this or can it be adjusted?

Doesn't line up with the gears. There are 9 markings, 1 for each cassette ring, but the middle one is ring 4 instead of 5 with the 3 lower rings spreading to the right and 5 higher to the left. Are they all like this or can it be adjusted?

You are lucky, mine only has 3 markings, I would not have time to see them if there were 9. But seriously, they are all like that.

Both bikes (below) SL-R443-9 Shifters! :D

You are lucky, mine only has 3 markings, I would not have time to see them if there were 9. But seriously, they are all like that.

Both bikes (below) SL-R443-9 Shifters! :D

ButtKrak said:

If the indexing works, don't worry about the markings. I have never been sure why they are marked in the first place.

ButtKrak said:

If the indexing works, don't worry about the markings. I have never been sure why they are marked in the first place.