Hey are these made at all? It's a pain pumping air on my wheels with deep aero profile and using the regular valve slime tubes.
Cycling Equipment · Public discussion
Slime tubes with long presta valve's ?
Thread navigation
Jump through the discussion
Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.
Thread details
What we know about this thread
- Original section
- Cycling Equipment
- Published
- 18 April 2004
- Last activity
- 4 June 2004
- Original author
- chuy
- Posts
- 10
- Discussion status
- Public discussion
- Total views
- 2,478
- Views / 30 days
- 8
- Topics
The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.
-
-
Quoted post said:
Originally posted by chuy
Hey are these made at all? It's a pain pumping air on my wheels with deep aero profile and using the regular valve slime tubes.
How much do those weight,3-400g? -
Quoted post said:
Originally posted by chuy
Hey are these made at all? It's a pain pumping air on my wheels with deep aero profile and using the regular valve slime tubes.Extensions??
-
Quoted post said:
Originally posted by shokhead12
How much do those weight,3-400g?I'm not exactly sure how much they weigh - I'm using the Specialized Airlock Roadtube.
Yeah it's extra weight but consider 2 things:
1) I haven't had a flat in over a year and a half
2) I lost more than 10lbs to make up for the extra rolling weight which is more than enough.haha
-
Quoted post said:
Originally posted by boudreaux
Extensions??Where can I find some online? I've only been able to find tubular presta valve extensions.
-
Quoted post said:
Originally posted by chuy
Where can I find some online? I've only been able to find tubular presta valve extensions.I've tried shraeder- presta extensions without succeeding in getting the slime in the tube.
Are you talking about something else?
-
Quoted post said:
Originally posted by chuy
Hey are these made at all? It's a pain pumping air on my wheels with deep aero profile and using the regular valve slime tubes.Valve extender like:
or buy the Continental tube with long valve stem and remove the Presta part to infuse the slime, and then return the valve later:
<http://www.excelsports.com/new.asp?page=8&description=Tube&vendorCode=CONTI&major=1&minor=31>
48 or 60 mm in length depending on how deep your rim is.
I have some 48 mm that I bought for a project if you want to experiment let me know. I will contribute one to your cause, but not the Slime.
dave at ornee dot net -
Anyone else bothered by how that [censored] smells? Why on earth does the stuff need to smell like dead squid?
-
Quoted post said:
Originally posted by daveornee
Valve extender like:
<http://www.excelsports.com/new.asp?page=8&description=Valve+Extender+Presta&vendorCode=CAMP&major=1&minor=31>
or buy the Continental tube with long valve stem and remove the Presta part to infuse the slime, and then return the valve later:
<http://www.excelsports.com/new.asp?page=8&description=Tube&vendorCode=CONTI&major=1&minor=31>
48 or 60 mm in length depending on how deep your rim is.
I have some 48 mm that I bought for a project if you want to experiment let me know. I will contribute one to your cause, but not the Slime.
dave at ornee dot netLooks like there was a thread on Slime with Presta valves in March over at Bikeforums. Reports are Slime doesn't hold above 65 psi and the Presta valves clog if Slime is poored through them.
So the Slime idea is probably not going anywhere, but I'd like to try since I've had so many pinch flat rears on a heavily rear weight biased recumbent. I normally run 80-100 psi on that tire, but at 60 psi I could still keep riding.
So how does one remove and replace a presta valve?
How does one remove a Presta valve.
-
Quoted post said:
Originally posted by meb
Looks like there was a thread on Slime with Presta valves in March over at Bikeforums. Reports are Slime doesn't hold above 65 psi and the Presta valves clog if Slime is poored through them.
So the Slime idea is probably not going anywhere, but I'd like to try since I've had so many pinch flat rears on a heavily rear weight biased recumbent. I normally run 80-100 psi on that tire, but at 60 psi I could still keep riding.
So how does one remove and replace a presta valve?
How does one remove a Presta valve.Most Presta valves are not made to be removed. However, most Continental Presta valves can be screwed out.
Active in the last 60 minutes
Active in this thread
0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total
No signed-in users are active right now.
No known search crawlers active right now.