Sneezing after running?

Discussion in 'General Fitness' started by Bob Beckert, Dec 6, 2003.

1. Bob Beckert

Bob Beckert Guest

I have a friend, female, 43 yrs old, excellent health (finishes 1st or 2nd in her age group), who
    has recently developed a condition after competing in races ( 2mi, 5K) of sneezing episodes with a
    lot clear mucus lasting an hour or two. Shortly after finishing the race the sneezing starts at a
    rate of 3-5 per minute and gradually tapers off. For the next 24 hours or so her eyes "water" and
    there is considerable nasal congestion.

Anyone ever experience this phenomenon?

Tags:

2. Stuff

Stuff Guest

"Bob Beckert" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > I have a friend, female, 43 yrs old, excellent health (finishes 1st or 2nd in her age group), who
    > has recently developed a condition after competing
    in
    > races ( 2mi, 5K) of sneezing episodes with a lot clear mucus lasting an
    hour
    > or two. Shortly after finishing the race the sneezing starts at a rate of 3-5 per minute and
    > gradually tapers off. For the next 24 hours or so her eyes "water" and there is considerable nasal
    > congestion.
    >
    > Anyone ever experience this phenomenon?

She should really see a doctor to see if it can be treated.

3. Bagpip

Bagpip Guest

On Fri, 28 Nov 2003 15:36:48 GMT, "Bob Beckert" <[email protected]> wrote:

>I have a friend, female, 43 yrs old, excellent health (finishes 1st or 2nd in her age group), who
    >has recently developed a condition after competing in races ( 2mi, 5K) of sneezing episodes with a
    >lot clear mucus lasting an hour or two. Shortly after finishing the race the sneezing starts at a
    >rate of 3-5 per minute and gradually tapers off. For the next 24 hours or so her eyes "water" and
    >there is considerable nasal congestion.
    >
    >Anyone ever experience this phenomenon?