General fitness, health and nutrition · Public discussion

Snow on the fells anyone?

Started by Trevor Appleton · · Last activity · 9 posts · 583 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
General fitness, health and nutrition
Published
19 June 2004
Last activity
25 June 2004
Original author
Trevor Appleton
Posts
9
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
583
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–9 of 9
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Anyone experienced snow on the Lakeland fells, Pennines or
    Scotland the past 24 hours?

    Max temp at Great Dun Fell 3C today, so it was cold enough!

    Trevor Appleton

  2. Quoted message said:

    Anyone experienced snow on the Lakeland fells, Pennines or
    Scotland the


    past

    Quoted message said:

    24 hours?

    Max temp at Great Dun Fell 3C today, so it was cold
    enough!

    I was on Winter Hill, north Pennine moors, this morning
    (Saturday about 11am) and had a fairly violent hailstorm for
    a few minutes.

    --
    Dave Newton

    Lake District walk&image site daves-lakeland-daves-lakeland-
    mountains.co.uk

  3. Bitstring <[email hidden]>, from the
    wonderful person NEWTON
    <[email hidden]> said

    Quoted message said:


    Quoted message said:

    Anyone experienced snow on the Lakeland fells, Pennines
    or Scotland the


    past

    Quoted message said:

    24 hours?

    Max temp at Great Dun Fell 3C today, so it was cold
    enough!

    I was on Winter Hill, north Pennine moors, this morning
    (Saturday about 11am) and had a fairly violent hailstorm
    for a few minutes.

    Ditto way down south on Brown Clee hill .. caught a band of
    Cub scouts out walking by surprise .. poor little mites had
    shorts on, and had to choose between freezing on the trail
    or diving through the nettles into tree cover. Didn't really
    'settle' though, but it did take the temperature down by
    about 10c in a very short space of time.

    --
    GSV Three Minds in a Can Outgoing Msgs are Turing Tested,and
    indistinguishable from human typing.

  4. Trevor Appleton said:


    Max temp at Great Dun Fell 3C today, so it was cold enough!

    Now that's what I call cold. Any idea what the minimum
    temperature was?

  5. "NEWTON" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:


    Quoted message said:

    Anyone experienced snow on the Lakeland fells, Pennines
    or Scotland the


    past

    Quoted message said:

    24 hours?

    Max temp at Great Dun Fell 3C today, so it was cold
    enough!

    I was on Winter Hill, north Pennine moors, this morning
    (Saturday about 11am) and had a fairly violent hailstorm
    for a few minutes.


    Weather man on News24 said there was snow in the Scottish
    hills today.

    Dave

  6. "Trevor Appleton" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    Anyone experienced snow on the Lakeland fells, Pennines or
    Scotland the


    past

    Quoted message said:

    24 hours?

    There was a dusting on An Teallach this morning as seen from
    a very, very wet tent at Larachintivore cottage at the
    bottom of Glen na Muice.

    Alasdair

  7. Trevor Appleton said:

    Anyone experienced snow on the Lakeland fells, Pennines or
    Scotland the past 24 hours?

    I had a short but nasty burst of hail on Creag Mhor (Graham
    near Balquidder) about 12:30 on Friday. It had been quite a
    bright morning, with a cool breeze from the north. As I was
    sitting at the top there was a very sudden & noticeable fall
    in temperature. The appeared to be a rain squall coming from
    Lochearnhead direction, so I started back down, keeping on
    my gortex jacket just in case. 5 minutes later I was being
    pelted by hailstones; small lumps, but big enough to sting
    my legs as I was wearing shorts. It didn't last more than 10
    mins, but impressive nonetheless.

    Bernie

  8. Weather forecast says "unseasonably cold" with chance of
    snow. And here's me away to Knoydart in the morning !

    KRO

  9. "NEWTON" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:


    Quoted message said:

    Anyone experienced snow on the Lakeland fells, Pennines
    or Scotland the


    past

    Quoted message said:

    24 hours?

    Max temp at Great Dun Fell 3C today, so it was cold
    enough!

    I was on Winter Hill, north Pennine moors, this morning
    (Saturday about 11am) and had a fairly violent hailstorm
    for a few minutes.

    --
    Dave Newton

    Lake District walk&image site daves-lakeland-daves-lakeland-
    mountains.co.uk

    I didn't see you there ? :-)

    (did you see me - I had a medium sized wife and a medium
    sized caramel coloured dog with me - oh - and tell bloater
    Wilcox I'll see him at the gym this week)

    Check out the Rivington images - visit link below - bottom 3
    ... I took them whilst you 'said' you were there ...

    --
    Regards

    Craig Cooke

    www.storm-imaging.co.uk

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.