At the start of the racing season I was really into planning out my entire week step by step. However, in June my job prevented me from doing any bike riding. So as of June 26th i have been training likie a maniac! I have stopped all "planning" and i just pick different biking routes depending on what areas i need to work on ie. flats, hills, monster climbs. I have really been trying to get my body into shape for the upcoming Tour De Toona. I am not even looking for a top 5 place. But i think it would be awesome to place top 25.
Yesterday i raced in a local crit to see where i was in terms of training and i am actually in a lot better shape than i had predicted. I finished with the main feild but the average speed was a lil over 25 mph. So all in all im pretty happy
Last week I got one of my best training weeks ever. Not only was it high volume (for me, some of you ride more than this regularly it seems) but i also did a lot of intervals.
Monday: 2.5 hours with 2x20's at threshold, 5 minutes rest. Tuesday: 2 hour mtb ride Wednesday: 4.5 hour, 80 something mile ride. Mostly easy but did a long section towards the end at 26+mph to get it over quicker, I was super hungry. Thursday: 1 hour recovery ride Friday: 3 hour ride with 5x4 vo2max intervals, 4 minutes rest in between. Saturday: 1 hour easy recovery Sunday: 3 hour ride with 6x4 vo2max intervals plus 5 sets of 5 sprints up roughly 15 second steep hill, alternating sitting and standing.
You must have will power similar to lance armstrong, or some really good tunes to listen to, beacause intervals are soooo booooooring:eek: :eek: :eek: