UK and Europe · Public discussion

Software at its finest

Started by Just zis Guy, you know? · · Last activity · 79 posts · 2,437 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
UK and Europe
Published
27 September 2004
Last activity
7 October 2004
Original author
Just zis Guy, you know?
Posts
79
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
2,437
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 61–79 of 79
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. The message <[email hidden]>
    from Peter Thomas <[email hidden]> contains
    these words:

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    If I'd been meant to type or proof-read, I'd have built-in OCR.

    Old Codger Regulations?


    Self-limiting to an unpredictable extent?

    And prone to knocking the dottle out of their pipes on the head of a
    passing retriever.

    --
    Skipweasel.
    Being superstitious brings bad luck

  2. Pedt <"\"@ @\""@iwannabe.spamless.org.uk> said...

    Quoted message said:

    --
    Pedt


    'Ere, drop me an emu will you? You're supposed to be gettin' wed
    on Saturday - woss 'appening?
    --
    I try to be a good example to my children, but they just see me
    as a dire warning.

  3. [email hidden] said...

    Quoted message said:
    terry jones said:


    Quoted message said:

    Once upon a time I found myself in possession of a military travel
    warrant to obtain a rail ticket from Woking to York. Via the "cheapest
    recognised route".

    I always went the most convenient way and looked crestfallen if a guard
    ever mentioned it and had no problems.You have to be nice and polite,
    though. TerryJ

    Polite and bewildered are a winning combination. Around nodnoL, pretending
    to be a tourist frequently jbexf, too.


    Speshly a non-English speaking tourist. Most of 'em doesn't
    understand Welshish in Nodnol, thankfully. And none of 'em
    understands a word of my own brand of gibberish.
    --
    I try to be a good example to my children, but they just see me
    as a dire warning.

  4. In message <[email hidden]>, at 22:11:30
    on Wed, 29 Sep 2004, Sena <[email hidden]> wibbled

    Quoted message said:

    Pedt <"\"@ @\""@iwannabe.spamless.org.uk> said...

    Quoted message said:

    --
    Pedt


    'Ere, drop me an emu will you?

    Done.

    --
    Pedt
    Cryptic #5 (Round II)
    Fine when they, correctly, write naff cards (7,7)

  5. In message <[email hidden]>, Guy King
    <[email hidden]> writes

    Quoted message said:

    The message <[email hidden]>
    from Peter Thomas <[email hidden]> contains
    these words:

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    > If I'd been meant to type or proof-read, I'd have built-in OCR.

    Old Codger Regulations?


    Self-limiting to an unpredictable extent?

    And prone to knocking the dottle out of their pipes on the head of a
    passing retriever.


    Funnily enough. my neighbour has a black Labrador. Not smoked a pipe
    since last year, though. Me, not the Labrador.
    --
    Peter Thomas

  6. Pedt <"\"@ @\""@iwannabe.spamless.org.uk> said...

    Quoted message said:

    In message <[email hidden]>, at 22:11:30
    on Wed, 29 Sep 2004, Sena <[email hidden]> wibbled

    Quoted message said:

    Pedt <"\"@ @\""@iwannabe.spamless.org.uk> said...

    Quoted message said:

    --
    Pedt


    'Ere, drop me an emu will you?

    Done.


    Got. Reply coming when I wake up.
    --
    I try to be a good example to my children, but they just see me
    as a dire warning.

  7. In article said:

    In message <[email hidden]>, Guy King
    <[email hidden]> writes

    Quoted message said:

    The message <[email hidden]>
    from Peter Thomas <[email hidden]> contains
    these words:

    Quoted message said:

    >> If I'd been meant to type or proof-read, I'd have built-in OCR.
    >
    >Old Codger Regulations?
    >
    Self-limiting to an unpredictable extent?

    And prone to knocking the dottle out of their pipes on the head of a
    passing retriever.


    Funnily enough. my neighbour has a black Labrador. Not smoked a pipe
    since last year, though. Me, not the Labrador.

    The Labrador smoked one this morning ?

    --
    Richard Robinson

    "My species has a great many good reasons for making war, though none of
    them is as good as the reason for not making war" - Ursula le Guin

  8. The message <[email hidden]>
    from Peter Thomas <[email hidden]> contains
    these words:

    Quoted message said:

    Funnily enough. my neighbour has a black Labrador. Not smoked a pipe
    since last year, though. Me, not the Labrador.

    Has the labrador tried Patches?

    --
    Skipweasel.
    Being superstitious brings bad luck

  9. In message <[email hidden]>, Richard Robinson
    <[email hidden]> writes

    Quoted message said:
    In article said:

    In message <[email hidden]>, Guy King
    <[email hidden]> writes

    Quoted message said:

    The message <[email hidden]>
    from Peter Thomas <[email hidden]> contains
    these words:

    > >> If I'd been meant to type or proof-read, I'd have built-in OCR.
    > >
    > >Old Codger Regulations?
    > >
    > Self-limiting to an unpredictable extent?

    And prone to knocking the dottle out of their pipes on the head of a
    passing retriever.


    Funnily enough. my neighbour has a black Labrador. Not smoked a pipe
    since last year, though. Me, not the Labrador.

    The Labrador smoked one this morning ?


    Given the lack of any observation, I cannot state that it did not.
    --
    Peter Thomas

  10. The message <[email hidden]>
    from Ancipital <[email hidden]> contains these words:

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    Funnily enough. my neighbour has a black Labrador. Not smoked a pipe
    since last year, though. Me, not the Labrador.

    Has the labrador tried Patches?

    Quoted message said:

    What, the scruffy but exciting mongrel next door?

    The very one.

    --
    Skipweasel.
    Being superstitious brings bad luck

  11. Guy King <[email hidden]> wrote in message news:<[email hidden]>...

    Quoted message said:

    The message <[email hidden]>
    from Peter Thomas <[email hidden]> contains
    these words:

    Quoted message said:

    Funnily enough. my neighbour has a black Labrador. Not smoked a pipe
    since last year, though. Me, not the Labrador.

    Has the labrador tried Patches?

    Wot, is it leaking?

    --
    Malc

  12. The message <[email hidden]>
    from [email hidden] (Malc) contains these words:

    Quoted message said:

    Wot, is it leaking?

    RSM from the Scots Guards goes into a bicycle shop, slaps a condom down
    on the counter and asks the old bloke in the brown shopcoat to put a
    patch on it.

    "But sir, are you sure?"

    "Aye, I wanna patch on the johnny."

    "It'll cost fivepence ha'penny, you can have a new one for sixpence."

    "Och, I'll go think aboot it."

    Come back the next day, carefully puts a sixpence on the counter and
    says "I've asked the lads, and we reckon the barracks can afford a new
    one."

    --
    Skipweasel.
    Being superstitious brings bad luck

  13. Austin Shackles said:


    someone coined a phrase following the failure of the new tilting train on
    the WCML, and in connection with an interview with Branson about his new
    proposed spaceship: "Euston, we have a problem"

    Oh, Mr Branson, what am I to do?
    I wanted to get into orbit, but you've left me on the moon.
    Take me back to touchdown, quickly as you can.
    Oh, Mr Branson, what a waste of a hundred grand.

    --
    JonG
    Better the pride that resides
    in a citizen of the world
    than the pride that divides
    when a colourful rag is unfurled.

  14. In message <[email hidden]>, JonG
    <[email hidden]> writes

    Quoted message said:
    Austin Shackles said:

    someone coined a phrase following the failure of the new tilting
    train on
    the WCML, and in connection with an interview with Branson about his new
    proposed spaceship: "Euston, we have a problem"

    Oh, Mr Branson, what am I to do?
    I wanted to get into orbit, but you've left me on the moon.
    Take me back to touchdown, quickly as you can.
    Oh, Mr Branson, what a waste of a hundred grand.


    Misread as being about pickle.
    --
    Peter Thomas

  15. [email hidden] said...

    Quoted message said:

    In message <[email hidden]>, JonG
    <[email hidden]> writes

    Quoted message said:
    Austin Shackles said:

    someone coined a phrase following the failure of the new tilting
    train on
    the WCML, and in connection with an interview with Branson about his new
    proposed spaceship: "Euston, we have a problem"

    Oh, Mr Branson, what am I to do?
    I wanted to get into orbit, but you've left me on the moon.
    Take me back to touchdown, quickly as you can.
    Oh, Mr Branson, what a waste of a hundred grand.


    Misread as being about pickle.


    Eh? What's he been up to now?
    --
    I try to be a good example to my children, but they just see me
    as a dire warning.

  16. On or around Sun, 3 Oct 2004 01:14:02 +0100, Sena <[email hidden]>
    enlightened us thusly:

    Quoted message said:

    [email hidden] said...

    Quoted message said:

    In message <[email hidden]>, JonG
    <[email hidden]> writes

    Quoted message said:

    Austin Shackles wrote:

    > someone coined a phrase following the failure of the new tilting
    >train on
    > the WCML, and in connection with an interview with Branson about his new
    > proposed spaceship: "Euston, we have a problem"
    >

    Oh, Mr Branson, what am I to do?
    I wanted to get into orbit, but you've left me on the moon.
    Take me back to touchdown, quickly as you can.
    Oh, Mr Branson, what a waste of a hundred grand.


    Misread as being about pickle.


    Eh? What's he been up to now?

    's up there abit. Arj Ivetva tilting train on stop, Branson bloke cynaavat
    spaceship on which peeps can ride for 100K a trip.

  17. [email hidden] said...

    Quoted message said:

    On or around Sun, 3 Oct 2004 01:14:02 +0100, Sena <[email hidden]>
    enlightened us thusly:

    Quoted message said:

    [email hidden] said...

    Quoted message said:

    In message <[email hidden]>, JonG
    <[email hidden]> writes
    >Austin Shackles wrote:
    >
    >> someone coined a phrase following the failure of the new tilting
    >>train on
    >> the WCML, and in connection with an interview with Branson about his new
    >> proposed spaceship: "Euston, we have a problem"
    >>
    >
    >Oh, Mr Branson, what am I to do?
    >I wanted to get into orbit, but you've left me on the moon.
    >Take me back to touchdown, quickly as you can.
    >Oh, Mr Branson, what a waste of a hundred grand.
    >
    Misread as being about pickle.


    Eh? What's he been up to now?

    's up there abit. Arj Ivetva tilting train on stop, Branson bloke cynaavat
    spaceship on which peeps can ride for 100K a trip.


    Nonono, not Mr Branson you eejit, Pickle.
    --
    I try to be a good example to my children, but they just see me
    as a dire warning.

  18. In article <[email hidden]>,

    Sn!pe said:
    Robert Harvey said:
    Quoted message said:

    What goes on in uk.rec.sheds anyway?

    As little as possible, accompanied by cups of tea.

    Not to mention Fudge's splendid chocolate-dipped stem ginger biscuits,
    such as I have by my left elbow at this precise moment. Hand crafted in
    rural Dorset, they're highly recommended.

    Fudge's. Did they invent the confection called fudge, or is it merely a
    coinkydink?

    =Tamar

  19. in message <[email hidden]>, Richard Eney

    (') said:

    In article <[email hidden]>,

    Sn!pe said:
    Robert Harvey said:

    > What goes on in uk.rec.sheds anyway?

    As little as possible, accompanied by cups of tea.

    Not to mention Fudge's splendid chocolate-dipped stem ginger biscuits,
    such as I have by my left elbow at this precise moment. Hand crafted
    in rural Dorset, they're highly recommended.

    Fudge's. Did they invent the confection called fudge

    They've been around a very, very long time if they did.

    --
    [email hidden] (Simon Brooke) http://www.jasmine.org.uk/~simon/

    The Conservative Party now has the support of a smaller proportion of
    the electorate in Scotland than Sinn Fein have in Northern Ireland.

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.