I heard a rumor. Something about a big race in Italy. Anyone
here at rbr following it? Would it help it George Bush was
following it?
Road Cycling · Public discussion
Some Big Race Starting Tomorrow?
Thread navigation
Jump through the discussion
Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.
Thread details
What we know about this thread
- Original section
- Road Cycling
- Published
- 8 May 2004
- Last activity
- 11 May 2004
- Original author
- B. Lafferty
- Posts
- 25
- Discussion status
- Public discussion
- Total views
- 1,613
- Views / 30 days
- 0
The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.
-
-
Quoted message said:
From: "B. Lafferty" [email hidden]
Quoted message said:
I heard a rumor. Something about a big race in Italy.
Anyone here at rbr following it? Would it help it George
Bush was following it?To be honest, I'm just burned out on the [censored] that has
surrounded the race for the last few years. Two positives
right up front this year. It's probably gonna be a hell of
a race between Simoni and Garzelli, the Tifosi will be
crazed, and it's dying. For me Italy is the soul of
cycling, and it's dying. Maybe a racer like Schumacher will
appear, racing for an Italian cycling team and revive the
sport the way Schumi has brought Ferrari back, but I'm
afraid that the sport is dying. The GT's have always been
almost mythical. The legends connected with the common
people, and their work ethic and craftsmanship. They could
relate. Now the disconnect is drugs, and they always
suspect every performance. Bill C -
"B. Lafferty" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
"]news:[email hidden]...Quoted message said:
I heard a rumor. Something about a big race in Italy.
Anyone here at rbr following it? Would it help it George
Bush was following it?You know the drill.
No Lance ... No Tiger Woods ... No stock car racers ... No
pro wrestlers.Nobody (stateside) cares.
Bob C.
P.S. I almost forgot ... No Marco. :-( -
B. Lafferty said:
I heard a rumor. Something about a big race in Italy.
Anyone here at rbr following it? Would it help it George
Bush was following it?I'm probably gonna zip over the hill in the afternoon to
catch that Cat's Hill race in Los Gatos. There's a 23% grade
and looks like some decent teams are lining up for it. -
O.K. My prediction.
1. Simoni
2. Juanma Garate
3. Frigo.
4. Aitor Gonzalez
5. Stefano Garzeli"B. Lafferty" <[email hidden]> wrote in message news:NGVm-
[email hidden]...Quoted message said:
I heard a rumor. Something about a big race in Italy.
Anyone here at rbr following it? Would it help it George
Bush was following it? -
"psycholist" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
"]news:[email hidden]...Quoted message said:
"B. Lafferty" <[email hidden]> wrote in message news:NG-
[email hidden]...Quoted message said:
I heard a rumor. Something about a big race in Italy.
Anyone here at
rbrQuoted message said:
Quoted message said:
following it? Would it help it George Bush was
following it?You know the drill.
No Lance ... No Tiger Woods ... No stock car racers ... No
pro wrestlers.Nobody (stateside) cares.
Bob C.
P.S. I almost forgot ... No Marco. :-(Excellent, and true.
Curt
-
"TritonRider" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
"]news:[email hidden]...Quoted message said:
Quoted message said:
From: "B. Lafferty" [email hidden]
Quoted message said:
I heard a rumor. Something about a big race in Italy.
Anyone here at rbr following it? Would it help it George
Bush was following it?To be honest, I'm just burned out on the [censored] that has
surrounded the race for the last few years. Two positives
right up front this year. It's probably gonna be a hell
of a race between Simoni and Garzelli, the Tifosi will be
crazed, and it's dying. For me Italy is the soul of
cycling, and it's dying. Maybe a racer like Schumacher
will appear, racing for an Italian cycling team and
revive the sport the way Schumi has brought Ferrari back,
but I'm afraid that the sport is dying. The GT's have
always been almost mythical. The legends connected with
the common people, and their work ethic and
craftsmanship. They could relate. Now the disconnect is
drugs, and they always suspect every performance. Bill CMythical implies a lack of information, doesn't it? Your
common people gazing in wonder at the high priests and
their heretofore unknowable rites? Would you have burnt
out on Anquitil? Which is greater, your desire for truth
or your desire for a set of fabrications and half-truths
which we call a "story"? What's new about, as you say,
"now"? The connection was always chimeric; today the goat-lion-
snake evanesces. Would you have us whimper, "Long live the
goat-lion-snake"?Kirby.
-
"psycholist" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
"]news:[email hidden]...Quoted message said:
"B. Lafferty" <[email hidden]> wrote in message news:NG-
[email hidden]...Quoted message said:
I heard a rumor. Something about a big race in Italy.
Anyone here at
rbrQuoted message said:
Quoted message said:
following it? Would it help it George Bush was
following it?You know the drill.
No Lance ... No Tiger Woods ... No stock car racers ... No
pro wrestlers.Nobody (stateside) cares.
Bob C.
P.S. I almost forgot ... No Marco. :-(And yet it will still be broadcast, most days including live
coverage. Not bad for a race nobody cares about but me. I
guess they heard I wanted to watch so they decided not to
disappoint me. -
alex said:
O.K. My prediction.
1. Simoni
2. Juanma Garate
3. Frigo.
4. Aitor Gonzalez
5. Stefano Garzeli"B. Lafferty" <[email hidden]> wrote in message news:NG-
[email hidden]...Quoted message said:
I heard a rumor. Something about a big race in Italy.
Anyone here at rbr following it? Would it help it George
Bush was following it?It must be some local [censored] race.
Shoot, even Cipo managed 10th spot in the opening Power-
Trip--
le Vent a Dos Davey Crockett Six-Day site:
members.rogers.comsixday.htmlOpen ↗ -
"alex" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
"]news:[email hidden]...Quoted message said:
O.K. My prediction.
1. Simoni
2. Juanma Garate
3. Frigo.
4. Aitor Gonzalez
5. Stefano GarzeliGonzalez @ 4 is showing big faith in a former Kelme man! I
admire the boldness of it.I'm thinking pretty much of the daily special:
Simoni, Popovych, Garzelli in a trifecta wager!
-
Quoted message said:
Quoted message said:
Bob C.
P.S. I almost forgot ... No Marco. :-(Here is a rather eloquent tribute to Pantani:
ducati.comnews.jhtmlOpen ↗
7&news=article&periodo= -
TM said:
"alex" <[email hidden]> wrote in message -"]news:[email hidden]-
online.net...Quoted message said:
O.K. My prediction.
1. Simoni
2. Juanma Garate
3. Frigo.
4. Aitor Gonzalez
5. Stefano GarzeliGonzalez @ 4 is showing big faith in a former Kelme man! I
admire the boldness of it.I'm thinking pretty much of the daily special:
Simoni, Popovych, Garzelli in a trifecta wager!
note that both Frigo (sick) and tr-Aitor are *not* riding
this year....... -
"Carl Sundquist" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
"]news:[email hidden]...Quoted message said:
Quoted message said:
Quoted message said:
Bob C.
P.S. I almost forgot ... No Marco. :-(Here is a rather eloquent tribute to Pantani:
ducati.comnews.jhtmlOpen ↗
7&news=article&periodo=Quoted message said:
Don't ask me why, but the = did not take as part of the
link. You need to add the = to get to the exact article. -
"Faster Bordello" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
"]news:[email hidden]...Quoted message said:
Quoted message said:
note that both Frigo (sick) and tr-Aitor are *not* riding
this year.......Thanks for pointing that out, that moves his pick of
Gonzalez @ 4 to audacious!I'll let him slide on Frigo because there is name that just
sounds cool and should be used more often whether the man is
actually racing or not. -
TM said:
I'll let him slide on Frigo because there is name that
just sounds cool ...
No pun intended? -
"Kyle Legate" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
"]news:[email hidden]...Quoted message said:
TM said:
I'll let him slide on Frigo because there is name that
just sounds cool ...
No pun intended?Good call!
-
"TM" <[email hidden]> wrote in message news:<[email hidden]>...
Quoted message said:
"Kyle Legate" <[email hidden]> wrote in message news:2g69mfF3v7jeU1@uni-
berlin.de...Quoted message said:
TM said:
I'll let him slide on Frigo because there is name that
just sounds cool ...
No pun intended?Good call!
"Frigo" does in fact mean "refrigerator" in both French and
Italian... however I have been unable to confirm the rumor
that "Salvoldelli" means "broken wings."(With that said, if Il Falco sees the sky again, I will
cheer him on.)-Sonarrat.
-
"Sonarrat" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
Quoted message said:
"Frigo" does in fact mean "refrigerator" in both French
and Italian... however I have been unable to confirm the
rumor that "Salvoldelli" means "broken wings."(With that said, if Il Falco sees the sky again, I will
cheer him on.)-Sonarrat.
Let's say it slowly all together:
Sa _ vo _ delli.
Sa _ vo _delli.
Faster now...
Savodelli.
Savodelli.
Good!
-
Carl Sundquist said:
"Sonarrat" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
Quoted message said:
Quoted message said:
Salvoldelli
Quoted message said:
Savodelli.
It's Savoldelli.
-
"Benjamin Weiner" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
news:40a036ee$1@darkstar...Quoted message said:
Carl Sundquist said:
"Sonarrat" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
Quoted message said:
Quoted message said:
Salvoldelli
Quoted message said:
Savodelli.
It's Savoldelli.
Active in the last 60 minutes
Active in this thread
0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total
No signed-in users are active right now.
No known search crawlers active right now.