RJ said:On Tue, 09 Aug 2005 21:20:53 -0500, Michel Boucher <[email hidden]>
Quoted message said:"<RJ>" <[email hidden]> wrote in
news:[email hidden]:Quoted message said:Eat it right out of the wrapper....
Seems it would simplify things alot.Of course, I'm not a hi-paid UN official,
so there must be a reason for "a bag of soy flour" instead....I suppose it hasn't occurred to you that food is one of the most
culturally based items in daily demand and that what is appropriate for
a Norf Amerigovespuccilandian such as yourself isn't necessarily
acceptable to a poor goat-herder in Ethiopia.Perhaps you shuld try living on a bag of soy flour...
Firstly,
I doubt that I would even know
what to do with a bag of soy flour.Secondly;
If you're starving, and reduced to trying to eat "boiled leaves"
I don't think you'd turn down the equivalent of a Granola Bar.
It might be easier to boil and mash a bunch of leaves than a granola
bar.
Quoted message said:Thirdly;
Wouldn't a "nutrition bar", complete with RDA vitamins/minerals
be useful in temporary disaster situations ?
Certainly sounds alot more nutritious than "a sack o' soy flour"
It depends on how much nutriiton is lost during the boiling and mashing
down process.
Quoted message said:
<rj>
-bwg