specialized allez elite crank is a POS!

racerx217

Jun 9, 2005
So i am about 12 miles out and i feel my pedal getting loose, so i stop to realized that the pinch bolts on the crank are backing out, no big deal **** happens, i walk back about 5 miles to the bike shop that i bought it at(about an hour latter) and they told me it must have not been torqued, no big deal. That was my first ride, my second ride about 35 miles in the middle of nowhere same thing happens i walk to almost 2 hours until i see someone that can help another cyclist with a tool kit, i get back to the shop and by the time i get their it is backing out again. The mechanic says "well specialized sent out a flyer that they were having this proablem ill take care of it". So no i am a little disturbed, then i ask for a loaner mind you i am about 7 miles from my house let alone its a beautiful day and i want to ride, so they wont even give me a road bike just their demo fsr mtb. So i said ok just give it to me and i will ride it home. I realize why i ride road bikes and not mtb bikes so their goes my day i don't really want to ride the demo and i want my fixed and back NOW!, anyways sorry for my rant its just that is perfect out and all i now have to do i ***** on the internet.

Been there, done that. Welcome to the real world and all that.

It gets even worse when you have to walk a couple of hours because of a mistake you made, im gettin good at abusing myself.